BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

11-28-2019, 02:39 PM   #441
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunodudo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitt13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
When are you expecting delivery?
I've not yet the date, I hope May

I have only my JOB number (Production Number)
allocations haven't been distributed to the dealers yet, neither the bulletins!
He is not in United States or Canada.
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2019, 03:35 PM   #442
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

That should be the one and exercised my allocation.

Last edited by Pol; 11-29-2019 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 6
No Boost4019.00
Artemis28911.50
Madmat50.00
      11-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #443
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post
That’s what it’s been designed to do...looking forward to the videos Dave 🙂

M3_Adjuster - you going to be buying the cs?
I plan to make the drive to Birmingham, Al to hit up Barber Motorsports park. Soooo much fun. I feel spoiled being that is where it all started for me. At the time it was in a turbocharged miata that I built. "Who is that white Miata terrorizing run group 1?". I felt so proud hearing that was being discussed about me.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #444
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
That should be the one.

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Can you photoshop it with the gold wheels?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #445
mkim520
Registered
Rep
Drives: LS460

Anyone think these will drop in price like the M4 CS? In Socal they were sitting @ 30k under MSRP
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #446
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
Can you photoshop it with 20% tint?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #447
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
That should be the one.
Can you photoshop it with the gold wheels?
Can you photoshop it with a lower MSRP, 75k USD is a beautiful look
Appreciate 7
cptobvious2531.50
Tornado1M1206.00
cbmmm3318.50
QM287.00
Davil6333.50
Artemis28911.50
      11-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #448
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Here you go Poochie.

No photoshop required . . . and how does $60K sound?

Exclusivity is bullshit, and not what makes a sport car special. It sure as hell is not what sport car enthusiasts love about the M2C. The S55 makes the M2 special, and the horses were let out of the barn with the M2C.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

Edit: Natmad, get rid of those amber side markers . . . please :-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      11-28-2019, 08:29 PM   #449
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Exclusivity is bullshit, and not what makes a sport car special. It sure as hell is not what sport car enthusiasts love about the M2C. The S55 makes the M2 special, and the horses were let out of the barn with the M2C.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

I love the M2C and the price is just within the realm of being a bargain for all that you get..

I'll tell you want, if the M2C offers the Adaptive Suspension option next model year, which I have a sneaking suspension they will, seeing how they already popped their cherry with the M2 CS, the CS will be a lot less valuable, IMO.

Mechanically, adaptive dampers is the only thing the M2 CS has over the Competition. Everything else is basically cosmetic, if you look beyond the gift paper.

Now, I'm not downplaying the overall package the CS offers in the stock form but if you break it down to a science, it's mostly skin deep.

Sometimes it sucks being perceptive because ignorance is bliss 🤔
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
      11-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #450
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
In fairness, how could it be?
Put a CS badge on it.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 09:00 PM   #451
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I think the M2C folks will always be positioned in the sweet spot. CS will always be worth more, but I think it will depreciate more so the delta between the two will shrink. I also believe that the used market will have a high floor. Likely prices starting to really slow once in the mid 30s. The package is just too good, easy to mod, etc. There will always be the buyers that want something a bit more "special", and willing to pay for it. I don't believe any CS buyer is going to make money. Those that have experience with license cars know that you aren't going to prevent devaluation, you're just trying to mitigate loss. If I were to buy a car, sell it in a year, and lost $10k then that's not a big deal. You'd drop that on most leases for higher end cars. If you're going to buy, then just make sure you're spending your play money. My 2 cents
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
      11-28-2019, 09:03 PM   #452
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Kepler

Let me put it this way . . . if the M2CS were released FIRST for its projected $85K, how would car enthusiasts feel if the BMW subsequently released the current M2C at $60K?

The M2CS has already been released, and it is called the M2C.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 09:04 PM   #453
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

I love the M2C and the price is just within the realm of being a bargain for all that you get..

I'll tell you want, if the M2C offers the Adaptive Suspension option next model year, which I have a sneaking suspension they will, seeing how they already popped their cherry with the M2 CS, the CS will be a lot less valuable, IMO.

Mechanically, adaptive dampers is the only thing the M2 CS has over the Competition. Everything else is basically cosmetic, if you look beyond the gift paper.

Now, I'm not downplaying the overall package the CS offers in the stock form but if you break it down to a science, it's mostly skin deep.

You really think BMW will add adaptive suspension to their last year M2C model? I mean that would be the dream!

But I don't know historically BMW has ever added a significant feature for their last model run. Sure, they have added different color schemes, but this is a big ask?

If anything, I hope they will add the Merino seats in place of the Dakota seats...
      11-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #454
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

You really think BMW will add adaptive suspension to their last year M2C model? I mean that would be the dream!

But I don't know historically BMW has ever added a significant feature for their last model run. Sure, they have added different color schemes, but this is a big ask?

If anything, I hope they will add the Merino seats in place of the Dakota seats...
I don't see why they can't now offer adaptive dampers on the future M2Cs as they already set the stage, without much overhead.

Not sure about the high-grade leather though.

The blueprint has already been constructed for the 2 Series M chassis, inspiration from the M2 CS and to a lesser degree in the M240i for electronic dampers.

They used to offer M Adaptive Suspension on the M4 a la carte for $1,000, now its standard with the Competition Package.

That's a viable option for the M2 Competition to push out a few more cars and satiate the few that felt like they got short changed by the lack of available CSs. BMW philosophy is always Greed is Good, so it's possible.

As far as the End of Models goes, in my experience, that's when BMW starts throwing in all the bells and whistles for free.

A lot of the options become standard like Alarm and Xenon headlights in the F series and special editions start popping up like the 135is and 335is, with added power and features standard.

We'll see how it goes as they now begin to phase out the F Series M2C.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #455
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

I don't see why they can offer adaptive dampers on the future M2Cs, now that they set the stage, without much overhead.

The blueprint has already been constructed for the 2 Series M chassis, inspirational from the M2 CS and to a lesser degree in the M240i for electronic dampers.

They used to offer M Adaptive Suspension on the M4 a la carte for $1,000, now its standard with the Competition Package.

That's a viable option for the M2 Competition to push out a few more cars and satiate the few that felt like they got short changed by the lack of available CSs. BMW philosophy is always Greed is Good, so it's possible.

As far as the End of Models goes, in my experience, that's when BMW starts throwing in all the bells and whistles for free.

A lot of the options become standard like Alarm and Xenon headlights in the F series and special editions start popping up like the 135is and 335is, with added power and features standard.

We'll see how it goes as they now begin to phase out the F Series M2C.
I will be very interested to see that and hope you're right. If it's "only" $1K for the adaptive suspension, that would be an incredible deal.

Tbh after the initial excitement and anticipation of the CS, the pragmatic side of me is not as in love of the CS as I had originally. Especially the extra $27K, that amounts to a horsepower jump and CF bits (counting you can get $60K OTD for the M2C, fully loaded)...
      11-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #456
Poochie
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=JCZ5;25514843]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

I don't see why they can offer adaptive dampers on the future M2Cs, now that they set the stage, without much overhead.

The blueprint has already been constructed for the 2 Series M chassis, inspirational from the M2 CS and to a lesser degree in the M240i for electronic dampers.

If it's "only" $1K for the adaptive suspension,.
You seem skeptical, here's an option list for the M4. I don't see why it's not possible now, of course I'm just speculating.. 🤔

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #457
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here you go Poochie.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

Sometimes it sucks being perceptive because ignorance is bliss ��

If it's "only" $1K for the adaptive suspension,.
You seem skeptical, here's an option list for the M4. I don't see why it's not possible now, of course I'm just speculating.. ��
Apologies, I'm not skeptical of the $1K price. I'm just saying if they charge that, I would be totally in, as a good value. Still haven't fully decided what I want to do with the CS, but pretty sure I want the M2, in whichever guise. And I'm really hoping they do add the adaptive suspension along with any other goodies to the last model year run.
      11-29-2019, 03:17 AM   #458
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
The golden version, thanks to a friend of mine

Appreciate 5
cptobvious2531.50
Artemis28911.50
Madmat50.00
      11-29-2019, 08:03 AM   #459
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

It's also going to depend on if they keep the M2 a 2 series with M4 parts. It's been mentioned before that they don't want the M2 pulling sales from the M4. Maybe the M4 starts going electric while the M2 stays gas?

I'm trying to say that I don't think it would makes sense for the sales model to offer the M4 items as options on the next M2. Adaptive suspension, interior quality upgrade, etc. I believe it would pull people from the M4 market. All speculation on my end as I know nothing about the auto industry.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:09 AM   #460
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's also going to depend on if they keep the M2 a 2 series with M4 parts. It's been mentioned before that they don't want the M2 pulling sales from the M4. Maybe the M4 starts going electric while the M2 stays gas?

I'm trying to say that I don't think it would makes sense for the sales model to offer the M4 items as options on the next M2. Adaptive suspension, interior quality upgrade, etc. I believe it would pull people from the M4 market. All speculation on my end as I know nothing about the auto industry.
I can somewhat see it happening since EOP for the F82 M4 is in June of 2020 and EOP for the M2C is June of 2021. It bridges the gap until the next gen M4 comes out.

Either way, i still want the ultimate M2 from factory. It's really the one I've been waiting for since it was first rumoured in around 2016.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 09:31 AM   #461
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can somewhat see it happening since EOP for the F82 M4 is in June of 2020 and EOP for the M2C is June of 2021. It bridges the gap until the next gen M4 comes out.

Either way, i still want the ultimate M2 from factory. It's really the one I've been waiting for since it was first rumoured in around 2016.
It would certainly be an easy way to upsell the consumer, and make extra profit with little effort. I'm still curious about how much this system weighs. I hope we get more details about items added to the CS that increased weight.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #462
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I plan to beat the snot out of the CS assuming I get one. Drive it like I stole it. That's one of the selling points for me is that is been sorted to the point that it can be reliably beat upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman View Post

That's what it's been designed to do...looking forward to the videos Dave 🙂

M3_Adjuster - you going to be buying the cs?
I'm becoming a complete negative Nancy right now. I've been hoping for a CSL or GTS with a 6MT more so than a CS. The M2 CS has added more M4 but has added zero lightness aside from CCB which is an option. Ive been waiting for confirmation of what configuration is 83k base .. but a 25k delta for the M2 CS is just staggering unless CCB are included. I can't see paying more than a lightly used M3 CS or M4 CS (which are quicker cars) for an M2 CS.

Pulling my head out of the world of BMW, cars like the 718 Cayman GT4, the new vette, the new Mustang GT350/500 and of course Camaro are ridiculous bargains when considering new vehicles in the market.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50