BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Dealer damaged Steering Wheel during Break In Service

11-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #23
Up4speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2013 Ferrari 458  [0.00]
2015 Golf GTI  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about the scratches in your wheel, I would be really upset as well.
I have had scratches on my steering wheel in the past, and believe it or not, sometimes they come out (if they are just wrinkles, and not a damaged finish, where the coating is ripped off). What I have done, is to use a leather conditioner, and rub the area with my finger to massage out the wrinkle. Sometimes it comes out 100%, other times about 95%. However, as I stated, it really depends on the type of damage.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #24
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Your service department is terrible..
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 11:46 PM   #25
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSL0W View Post
Thanks, this is good data that will help with bargaining. At this point, I would settle for contributing towards the cost of a new wheel.
If you would ever consider one of the M-performance Alcantara wheels, this may be your opportunity to score one at a very significant discount.

Not everyone likes them but if you do, you could offer to purchase one for wholesale price (no markup) and free fitting in lieu of the repair. That would cost the dealer basically nothing.

You could probably sell your wheel on here, declaring the minor scratch and still get a decent price for it.

Just another option to take to the meeting.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:28 PM   #26
CptSL0W
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 WRX/21 M2C 6MT (Ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
If you would ever consider one of the M-performance Alcantara wheels, this may be your opportunity to score one at a very significant discount.

Not everyone likes them but if you do, you could offer to purchase one for wholesale price (no markup) and free fitting in lieu of the repair. That would cost the dealer basically nothing.

You could probably sell your wheel on here, declaring the minor scratch and still get a decent price for it.

Just another option to take to the meeting.
Great suggestion! I was considering the alcantara, but I think I prefer the stock leather wheel more. I may just buy a new wheel and sell the old one on eBay or on here. I’m still debating what I want to do. The dealership has gone MIA and stopped returning my calls and my emails. Frankly im just going to move on and never go back there.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:54 PM   #27
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I put a generic "you are being filmed" note on my dash, per mass state law I must inform you

I don't have any cameras but the lot boy doesn't know that
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
smknjoe234.00
CSBM52715.00
      11-16-2021, 03:24 PM   #28
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSL0W View Post
Elmhurst Bmw, they are better to work with. I see you're in IL, where do you go?
I've bought and serviced 5 BMWs at Bill Jacobs in Naperville and never had an issue. A friend of mine bought his E46 M3 at Elmhurst and had no issues. Another friend of mine, goes through cars every year, buys them all through Laurel, again no issues. The only BMW dealer in Chicagoland that I've continually heard bad things about is Perillo.

Sorry this happened to you, I'd be livid as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #29
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Settle for nothing except it replaced with a new wheel. This is absolute horse sheit.

If you damaged the dealers property, you can be assured they would hold you accountable as they’d be right to do.

Go ninja kick a fender on one of the ugly G80s sitting in the show room and test the theory….
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #30
smknjoe
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 GTI, 2007 Rabbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
I put a generic "you are being filmed" note on my dash, per mass state law I must inform you

The last time I picked up my car at the dealer it looked like the a55holes had tried ripping my dashcam off the windshield before completely unplugging it.

When I asked the rep what the deal was they said they have a right to not be recorded.

Best of luck OP.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #31
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post

The last time I picked up my car at the dealer it looked like the a55holes had tried ripping my dashcam off the windshield before completely unplugging it.

When I asked the rep what the deal was they said they have a right to not be recorded.

Best of luck OP.
The best part is (no camera) just a note, let em think you got one someplace hidden

Edit: a lot boy did a "Saftey check" with my car, actually drove to chic fillet for lunch, I found a waffle fry between my seat, I did a search where was the nearest? Over 10 min away… no big deal but it's still a little aggravating

I asked not to have it cleaned after service, no sandpaper auto car wash please, that's the only reason I found his lunch residue

Edit: my state still has "2 party consent wire taping law" 🕵️*♀️ these signs are more common here
Appreciate 2
CSBM52715.00
smknjoe234.00