BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Video Install Polyurethane Engine Mount Inserts (N55)

08-10-2022, 07:11 AM   #1
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Video Install Polyurethane Engine Mount Inserts (N55)

Hi all,

I made a video about the install of the new PowerFlex engine mount inserts. I really like the product and I like the way the engine in the chassis feels now. There is a bit of extra vibration, but only during idle.

Hope you enjoy, thanks.

Regards,

Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50
      08-11-2022, 12:45 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterHofman View Post
Hi all,

I made a video about the install of the new PowerFlex engine mount inserts. I really like the product and I like the way the engine in the chassis feels now. There is a bit of extra vibration, but only during idle.

Hope you enjoy, thanks.

Regards,

Great video once again (but the only critique is probably not to jack up the engine via the oil pan, especially with a small surface area object as the oil pan is really soft aluminium and you risk puncturing it, instead using an engine hoist or support bar)! I like the idea of the a poly insert because it allows for a bit less NVH than aluminium inserts or full engine mount replacements.

On a percentage level what would you say is the increase in vibration and noise?

Thanks
      08-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #3
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Great video once again (but the only critique is probably not to jack up the engine via the oil pan, especially with a small surface area object as the oil pan is really soft aluminium and you risk puncturing it, instead using an engine hoist or support bar)! I like the idea of the a poly insert because it allows for a bit less NVH than aluminium inserts or full engine mount replacements.

On a percentage level what would you say is the increase in vibration and noise?

Thanks
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

I would say it doubled in vibration. From being barely noticeable when the car is idling, to it being noticeable. When driving at normal speeds, you won't notice any further difference. Some may find the increase in vibration annoying, but I personally think it makes the car a bit more alive and you can definitely tell that the engine sits tighter in the chassis, pretty cool!

As I mentioned, Powerflex also offers a slightly softer version of these engine mount inserts, but I wanted to try these and am happy with them.
Appreciate 1
F87source7251.50