BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > CTS Turbo Intake Weird Sounds?

01-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
skream
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 AW MT M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2018 M2  [0.00]
CTS Turbo Intake Weird Sounds?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else was running a CTS Turbo intake and experiencing some weird sounds under WOT? In Comfort mode, there's a loud low pitched whistle, it almost sounds like a flute or recorder (the instrument), under WOT over 4.5k rpm. It's less pronounced in Sport and Sport+ but it's definitely still there. In higher gears, it's not as loud either, but screams in 1st and 2nd. I checked for boost leaks, and I couldn't find any, and there's no loss of power either. What could this be? The diverter valve? Is this something I have to live with unless I go with a closed design intake?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 08:06 AM   #2
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

Interesting. I'm having the similar situation like you have here. However, I just started hearing that after 2 years installation. Do you happen to record the sound to share?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #3
CurryPuff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

An audio or a video clip would be of good help. I recently installed one in mine. Haven't done many WOT runs, but keen to know what I'm listening for. .
Appreciate 0