BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > For those with upgraded suspension, is your sense of speed reduced at all?

01-04-2021, 05:01 AM   #1
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

For those with upgraded suspension, is your sense of speed reduced at all?

Something I've come to realise with my M2 is it is a great car all round of course but FEELS fast to the driver and passengers too.

I don't have much left that I want to do to my car physically, suspension is about it.

Now, people pursue a compliant ride which I totally get but wonder does your car feel less fast as a result?

If you glide better over dips and undulations is it less exciting with a diminished sense of speed?

I think car is great with the CF brace in and when I go to Ps4S may even feel I don't want to mess with the suspension.

If I did M perf more appealing though will watch what Litchfield are about to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 05:39 AM   #2
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

I actually think that with M Performance coilovers I am more aware of speed. I used to do 240-250 km/hr on the stock suspension without breaking a sweat. It just felt more solid. On the MP coilovers I don't feel as comfortable going over 200 km/hr. Everything is more sensitive. Part of it could be down to alignment, though.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #3
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Something I've come to realise with my M2 is it is a great car all round of course but FEELS fast to the driver and passengers too.

I don't have much left that I want to do to my car physically, suspension is about it.

Now, people pursue a compliant ride which I totally get but wonder does your car feel less fast as a result?

If you glide better over dips and undulations is it less exciting with a diminished sense of speed?

I think car is great with the CF brace in and when I go to Ps4S may even feel I don't want to mess with the suspension.

If I did M perf more appealing though will watch what Litchfield are about to do.
I was also a little worried about making the car boring with fitting decent coilovers, but the front turn-in was annoying me enough that I upgraded to AST 5100. The car feels more planted, but as you feel the road a lot (not in a harsh way), the car still feels fast.

TBH, if I did it all again, I would do the suspension upgrade first and probably not do the power mods.

WT
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks for your thoughts all. Seems like one of the best upgrades but like so many I'm last to come to it!

Guess it's the diving in at the deep end price of suspension and rarely being able to test it beforehand.
A big leap of faith thing I'm saying.
Appreciate 0