BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Just installed some non-OEM CF tips from XPH

12-22-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Just installed some non-OEM CF tips from XPH

Howdy!

Wanted to post some pics of some really REALLY nice CF tips I just purchased from X-ph. I don't represent them & received nothing for this quick comment/review. Just an enthusiast who wants to inform the clan.

This is the set of 4 tips, SKU: 73-93 120mm CF tips. I ordered mine in gold (the gold is not as "yellow" as it appears in the pics on X-ph. It's a shiny "antiqued"-like gold. Sharp & a nice accent on a mineral grey M2.

Etched "///M" logo is crisp, clean & looks OEM. CF is glossy - VERY nice. These are really high quality (to my eyes, I am no CF expert here...) and just an amazing bargain. I think I'm gonna go git me a set of blue ones too.

They DEFINITELY fit the M Performance exhaust & are larger than the titaniumm tips that were on the exhaust. If you push them all the way in, they do not stick out as far - about 5mm shorter than stock - but they fit with a real high quality compression fitting & you can slide them out if you want them to stick out more (like in my photos).

Before I tightended these up, I pushed them all the way in & I actually like that look much better. (If they look off-center in the pics it's only because they were not tightened down.)

They're packaged very nicely in separate boxes & inside a soft cloth bag. The exposed ///M logo (diagonal cuts just like OEM) is protected with vinyl tape & even a soft pad attached to that tape where it touches the logo. Just a nice touch showing the mfr even cares a bit about their product.

Now for the CF splitter...
Attached Images

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I like the look of these, but wish someone offered a slant-cut version. It flows much better with the rear profile of the car
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
DroneandDone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 MG M2

Link?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 09:52 PM   #4
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I didn't know if it was OK to post a link to commercial site, but I know Mike & x-ph.com support the users of this site & many are customers.

Click here.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
I like the look of these, but wish someone offered a slant-cut version. It flows much better with the rear profile of the car
You can certainly find them out there. Just a quick google search ECS carries some by turner motorsports & their own brand - and they're carbon fiber.

I even saw a set of tips that were something like $2500 (gasp!) I think they were real gold plated on the inside tube. That's just nuts. "Hi, steal my tips everybody!"
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thank you for posting the review OP, im glad you like them

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
MASHCT618.00