BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Soon-to-be M2 Owner MPE Questions

12-20-2020, 09:35 PM   #67
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
Reviving a old threat here, but what was your experience with the drone? It's been two years since the last post - not sure you even have the car anymore
Apologies for the late reply! I do still have her and I am still in love with her. Getting my mileage drastically down, as I have been working from home since 9 months. As for the drone, it is really a non-issue for me. Yes, it is there, but I seriously have no issue there, I don't even think about it, part of the MPE experience. I would buy it again any time. Only issue I am still having is the cold start rattle.
No probs. I actually got the MPE since my last message and I find drone is very minimal most probably as I have the ASD delete harness.

Some days the drone is louder than others but all in all worth it when valves are open in sport/sport +

Great to hear you're still enjoying the car very much. I would completely recommend the MPE to any N55 owner too especially if the exhaust can be purchased at a good second hand price - the car now has best of both worlds with valves closed/opened.

I've got the cold start rattle too. Literally happens for 3-4 seconds so it's not too bad for me.
Appreciate 0