BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OFFICIAL: M2C Exhaust Options MegaThread

09-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #309
vale007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82 1 M coupe

supersprint turbo back :-) video will follow!

Name:  ed4854b4-edb6-46f6-a8df-a402f7244370.jpg
Views: 4042
Size:  153.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Just installed the Akra, catback. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier.
Appreciate 1
blitzyo53.00
      09-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #310
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale007 View Post
is this coming to the US?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #311
youngm2c
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Hey guys I’m in Australia. Just took delivery of my Jun 2020 made M2 competition. Ordered the Remus gpf back through a local mechanic, but they had trouble putting it on because the angle of the pipe does not align properly. The mechanic reckon BMW has used a different mounting bracket on the latest production models and changed the angle of the piping a little bit. He organized a welder to cut the pipe and weld it back at slightly different angle, just wondering if that is the best option? Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

My car didn’t have a gpf but according to my mechanic, the guy from Remus Australia doesn’t seem to know that, he said only some earlier production cars do not have gpf. But anyway, on the Remus Australia site it is not mentioned at all that those exhaust will fit the models with gpf only. So I’m not sure if these exhaust were never suppose to fit my car, or did BMW really change the piping a little bit.

Last edited by youngm2c; 09-25-2020 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Add content
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #312
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngm2c View Post
Hey guys I’m in Australia. Just took delivery of my Jun 2020 made M2 competition. Ordered the Remus gpf back through a local mechanic, but they had trouble putting it on because the angle of the pipe does not align properly. The mechanic reckon BMW has used a different mounting bracket on the latest production models and changed the angle of the piping a little bit. He organized a welder to cut the pipe and weld it back at slightly different angle, just wondering if that is the best option? Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

My car didn’t have a gpf but according to my mechanic, the guy from Remus Australia doesn’t seem to know that, he said only some earlier production cars do not have gpf. But anyway, on the Remus Australia site it is not mentioned at all that those exhaust will fit the models with gpf only. So I’m not sure if these exhaust were never suppose to fit my car, or did BMW really change the piping a little bit.
Which exhaust, sport or race? I just installed mine last week with active autoworke mid, it was easy as everything is a directly bolt on. Maybe try adding midpipe? And it sounds awesome with the mid too
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #313
youngm2c
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Which exhaust, sport or race? I just installed mine last week with active autoworke mid, it was easy as everything is a directly bolt on. Maybe try adding midpipe? And it sounds awesome with the mid too
I’ve got the race one. Not sure how long it’ll take for them to order an AA mid pipe in, if they can get it at all here in Australia. the car is currently just sitting in the workshop cause they’ve cut the stock exhaust and couldn’t install the new one.

Does adding mid pipe cause check engine light to come on if not tuned?

Last edited by youngm2c; 09-25-2020 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #314
blitzyo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Quote:
I’ve got the race one. Not sure how long it’ll take for them to order an AA mid pipe in, the car is currently just sitting in the workshop cause they’ve cut the stock exhaust and couldn’t install the new one.

Does adding mid pipe cause check engine light to come on if not tuned?
Only catless downpipes will cause a CEL in cars with secondary cats.
Only EU cars have OPF filters.

Are you installing the remus kit with resonator delete pipes?
I have the remus race axelback without resonator delete pipes and it fits perfectly on my car with secondary cats. If you are using the resonator delete pipe, then try installing axelback only by clamping back the stock resonator + pipes you've cut off.
Appreciate 1
E90076233.00
      09-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #315
youngm2c
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzyo View Post

I have the remus race axelback without resonator delete pipes and it fits perfectly on my car with secondary cats. If you are using the resonator delete pipe, then try installing axelback only by clamping back the stock resonator + pipes you've cut off.
Yea I got the res delete pipes, what’s the build time of your car? so the cut pipes can be simply clamped back together and won’t have any issues?

The mechanic is taking the car to an exhaust shop to potentially get some welding done on the stock pipes so it fits the Remus. I guess I’ll see how that turns out. I guess worse case scenario if it doesn’t turn out good I can still opt for a AA mid pipe to just replace that part of the stock pipe.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 06:27 AM   #316
blitzyo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Quote:
Yea I got the res delete pipes, what’s the build time of your car? so the cut pipes can be simply clamped back together and won’t have any issues?

The mechanic is taking the car to an exhaust shop to potentially get some welding done on the stock pipes so it fits the Remus. I guess I’ll see how that turns out. I guess worse case scenario if it doesn’t turn out good I can still opt for a AA mid pipe to just replace that part of the stock pipe.
2019 car, built late 2018. Clamps work granted you use the right ones. Welding is always good. Your worst case scenario should be getting rid of the resonator delete pipe and getting a refund for it, its a 400 euro pipe on remus's site.
I wouldn't get the single midpipe now when the EL midpipe is coming out later this year.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #317
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
I was browsing the M3/M4 Forums and noticed that Valvetronic is about to release their equal length M3/M4 exhaust. I sent them a message and asked if they were working on one for the M2C and Phillip said "Yes, Coming soon!"

Has anyone had experience with them before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jmKwMK7xs&feature=emb_title
I sent them a message around 9/17, response was that their exhaust for M2C was under development.
      03-08-2021, 07:11 AM   #318
Andrew30azs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:

How its sounds compare to stock one? Worth that money even if you keep resonators and cats ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 12:42 AM   #319
azndrvr
Rep
Drives: 12' Merc E350 21' M2 Comp

Quote:

Remus sells their kits with a resonator delete option? Meaning its possible to buy one of their kits with a resonator on it?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:02 PM   #320
chrisko
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
Currently deciding between the Fi and Active Auto catback exhausts. Haven't been able to hear either in person but digging them both. Fi seems to sound slightly better and definitely looks better than AA, but is also around $1k more. Hoping to get people who have personal experiences with both that may be able to speak to it. I know sound is subjective but I'll settle for anything at this point lol! Thanks!

2022 X3 M Comp | (SOLD)

2016 M3 | AWE Switchpath Diamond Black 102mm (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 02:32 AM   #321
M2EVO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C | 2014 EVO X

Factory M Performance exhaust with AA EL mid pipe (non-res). Couldn't be happier so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67S...nel=ToddSimone
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 04:01 AM   #322
///M_ZA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2EVO View Post
Factory M Performance exhaust with AA EL mid pipe (non-res). Couldn't be happier so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67S...nel=ToddSimone
Sounds good! How is it under load? I currently have MPE with catless dp and I’ve really been enjoying that. Next week I’m getting an EL resonated midpipe as well, hoping it’s a good combo with the MPE 🤞🏻 I haven’t heard any M2C with DP, EL resonated and MPE so not 100% sure what to expect.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #323
M2EVO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C | 2014 EVO X

Thanks. I honestly couldn't be happier. It doesn't sound amazing at cold start and maybe a little tinny if you rev it but that goes away shortly after.. No drone on the highway, no added vibrations or noises it actually feels oem but louder like I wanted. Windows up 3k rpm efficient mode and ASD disabled sounds nice and quiet for when you want it.

I'd definitely recommend the EL mid pipe to anyone with an s55 to get that smoother n55 type sound. Since you have no cats be sure to go with the resonated version. Actually they recommend resonated for me since they don't know much about using their mid pipe with the MPE but luckily I found one video and knew non res was the right choice and I'm glad I did it!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 02:26 AM   #324
///M_ZA
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info @M2EVO! Got my mid pipe installed yesterday and couldn’t be happier.

Setup is catless DPs, resonated EL and MPE backbox. It’s loud, there are no 2 ways about it but it’s a fantastic tone and sound.

The only negatives are an extremely loud (obnoxious) ‘bark’ on start-up and it is a bit tinny for the first 30-60 seconds but after that I don’t get any drone and only the faintest hint of rasp around 2.5k RPM. Between Efficient and Sport+ it's a real Jekyll-Hyde experience!

Here are some short clips for those interested.

Outside acceleration:

Quick hard acceleration:

Drawing out the acceleration:

Tunnel/Overpass:

Start-up:
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:30 AM   #325
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_ZA View Post
Thanks for the info @M2EVO! Got my mid pipe installed yesterday and couldn’t be happier.

Setup is catless DPs, resonated EL and MPE backbox. It’s loud, there are no 2 ways about it but it’s a fantastic tone and sound.

The only negatives are an extremely loud (obnoxious) ‘bark’ on start-up and it is a bit tinny for the first 30-60 seconds but after that I don’t get any drone and only the faintest hint of rasp around 2.5k RPM. Between Efficient and Sport+ it's a real Jekyll-Hyde experience!
Sounds awesome! thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 11:02 AM   #326
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
Sounds awesome! thanks for sharing!
probably the best sounding EL with downpipes i have heard.. Good to know as i have same set up EL non res and MPE with stock DP. so good to know if i ever go for a new DP i just need to add the resonators .
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 04:18 AM   #327
///M_ZA
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelczyk7 View Post
probably the best sounding EL with downpipes i have heard.. Good to know as i have same set up EL non res and MPE with stock DP. so good to know if i ever go for a new DP i just need to add the resonators .
Thanks, I thought so too but I’m obviously biased

I was really nervous about the end result since I couldn’t find anyone with this exact setup so didn’t know what to expect. I watched your videos quite a few times cause it was basically the only one with EL and MPE on the M2C

But I am absolutely blown away by the end result. The EL from 4-7.5K RPM is incredible and just makes you want to keep it at high revs. It reminds me a bit of the tone from the R35 GTR in person (not as much on video though).
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #328
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_ZA View Post
Thanks, I thought so too but I’m obviously biased

I was really nervous about the end result since I couldn’t find anyone with this exact setup so didn’t know what to expect. I watched your videos quite a few times cause it was basically the only one with EL and MPE on the M2C

But I am absolutely blown away by the end result. The EL from 4-7.5K RPM is incredible and just makes you want to keep it at high revs. It reminds me a bit of the tone from the R35 GTR in person (not as much on video though).
aghh very cool.... i keep saying it but i need to take some new vids and up in the rev range. and 100 % agree as the sound above 5 k ish starts to shriek and sounds so good coming out of the titanium exhaust. (Sorry No_ Curebimmer dare i say better than the EL and the dinan back section ,, LOL,, think there needs to be an exhaust rev off and drive by contest ) Also since i coded out the burbles you can really appreciate the exhaust note and i keep holding and driving and holding the revs in particular in 2nd and 3rd gear at like 5 and 6 k and then enjoy the overrun .....
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 01:01 PM   #329
Atam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Heard atleast one of the members here went from active autowerke EL midpipes to full akra system. Would like to hear some pros and cons between the two if they don't mind !
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 03:18 AM   #330
MVE7
Rep
Drives: Audi a6 , Audi S3 , //M2C

A friend did a review of my M2C. Including some good sound recordings.

exhaust : Milltek OPF back system

Appreciate 0