BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW M2 in Public - Tons of Pics and Video (Pics are up!)

10-25-2015, 03:29 AM   #89
F87_M2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Thank you for getting these pictures!!! It looks amazing! I actually like the green hues in LBB and think it gives the car a distinct look. I hope you don't mind me posting these on my Instagram page! Great find!
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 03:51 AM   #90
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Glad you liked it in the metal
      10-25-2015, 03:55 AM   #91
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

I think that all the other goodies like CF roof, a spartan interior with more sporty seats and so on are kept for the CSL version...
Meanwhile the "standard" version looks fantastic!
I like it in MG
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #92
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Great looking car. Love the flared fenders. The color looks awesome as well. One of my new dream cars. Can't wait to see one in person.
      10-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #93
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6
Hey Alex! Top job on the pics and video. I could almost feel your excitement at finally getting to see the M2! You've been waiting from the very start like I was and even though I deflected to the "dark" side I'm still super buzzing for all the excited M2 owners to be patiently waiting and choosing colours etc

My F80 decision definately made sense for me. My wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our first and the M2 would just have been a complete hassle in this respect. I'm still eagerly following the car and may well put a deposit down on any potential "CSL" variant.
we have a 3.5 month old who has been chilling in the 1M since he was born....in an orange rear facing seat. no issues or hassle at all!! Not sure why people run from small coupes when they have kids....our car has been wonderful for our 3 person family! Minimalism feels great! That being said the F80 M3 is very nice.

I am sure the M2 will be great for family use-----one of the things that can't be done in a Cayman or 911!
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #94
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Entering into the lion's den to meet BMW M's latest cub ? You mad hatter !
Looking forward to taking delivery of my M2 in Mineral Grey next Spring.
BMW (1973): "Do you need only transportation ? Then BMW is not for you. There are always the so-called economy cars, or any number of less exciting choices."

Name:  BMW_Guts.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  371.5 KB
      10-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #95
Cope
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' VO 1M, 17' LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
I agree but in today's world I wouldn't do a double-take for either..which wasn't the case back then. Maybe it's because of all the diluted "M-Sports" out there. I'm just missing the unmistakable "M" BMW that I have always longed for. And now that I'm in position to afford one I'm looking elsewhere because it just doesn't have that pop anymore.

PS I'm in a 2015 428i coupe right now
It sounds like you just want other people to know without a doubt that you drive a top of the line BMW. That's what's accomplished by the current M3/4 that appeals to you? That sounds so ridiculous and a tad shallow.

An M4 sounds like the perfect car for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #96
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
The more I look at photos of the M, the more I want one. Fuck.
This thread is awesome. Great work!!

And the more I see this, the more indecisive I get. M3 or M2...

It does look amazing though.
      10-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #97
TJS///M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 in Imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
So wait....OP, you trespassed onto bmwna property to snap all these pics in real life just to post on here? Lol holy shit that's kinda crazy! I can't believe nobody booted you out! Great pics though, these are the best ones most of us have seen yet!!
Haha. ^ this.

What, no security? I would have thought that you would have had to get through a locked gate, but apparently not.

Not sold on LBB, though.
2005 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Interlagos/Cinnamon - Sold
1990 E30 M3 Brilliant Red with Natural - Sold What was I thinking?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #98
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Looks like the M3 is still BMW's entry model ///M.

Also, screw you BMW! This car would have been awesome with M mirrors and sculpted M sport seats. You just really know how to long beach blue-ball us!!!

M2 + GTI would have been a very nice follow-up to my M3. I guess not.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 10-25-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #99
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

BTW, the car is growing on me ... A LOT. Loving the design lines. And yes, this will spank a 1M all the way around a race track or until it's mommy gets back to take it home.

Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #100
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
The car looks really incredible in the second set of pictures where it looks more like EB2
Adding it to the garage next to the 1M?
      10-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #101
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

Dear god, please produce an image of yourself in a homemade food product (preferably a grilled cheese or grilled fish filet) to assist me in deciding which f-ing car to get...
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #102
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

This is why we need better security measures at BMW NA h.q.
      10-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #103
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Don't park it there then.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #104
gtaM2
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
if its that much of an issue it should not be parked there nor should an employee be taking it for a leisurely drive to the apple store

if HQ needs better security measures this is something that should be addressed internally and not over the internet

btw i just realized that bmw canada is like 5 min away from me, i drove around the OPEN parking lot but unfortunately no M2

waiting for someone to park their M235 next to it
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #105
Maxx2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M

Quote:
SCOTT26,

Your arrogance offends me...

You quickly promote so called "Spy photos" when they are taken by PalBay and they capture test mules or other development vehicles which haven't even been announced to the public yet.

In this case, we are talking about pictures of a vehicle which has already been officially released to the public and is already in production.

Was anything done to this vehicle whatsoever? Was there anything taken or damaged? Was there anything done to damage the brand or its reputation?

It is thanks to the die hard and passionate fans of the brand like this that your employer keeps posting record sales increases and profits.

Keep your products locked away safely in some bunker and they will collect dust even after product launch...

Last edited by Maxx2; 10-25-2015 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 3
      10-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #106
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx2 View Post
SCOTT26,

You arrogance offends me...

You quickly promote so called "Spy photos" when they are taken by PalBay and they capture test mules or other development vehicles which haven't even been announced to the public yet.

In this case, we are talking about pictures of a vehicle which has already been officially released to the public and is already in production.

Was anything done to this vehicle whatsoever? Was there anything taken or damaged? Was there anything done to damage the brand or its reputation?

It is thanks to the die hard and passionate fans of the brand like this that your employer keeps posting record sales increases and profits.

Keep your products locked away safely in some bunker and they will collect dust even after product launch...
You guys might be taking Scott's comment too seriously. If following his normal style of comments, he or she might just be poking fun at the fact. At least thats what I think
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #107
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Pretty sure that was tongue in cheek from SCOTT26

Interwebs, man
      10-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #108
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Awesome post. However, I find it the original post a bit suspicious. Makes me wonder if the OP is connected to BMW somehow.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #109
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Huh....you know, im in the camp of starting to not like it. Ill hold out judgement until I see it in person but these are arguably the best photos out of the M2 and its just not doing it for me...

The front bumper really bothers me, not so much the intakes but by how much it looks "bolted on"

The side profile of the car is GNARLY BUT i think the rear side flairs could of been a few MM back to look more proportional to the front.

The rear bumper/diffuser should be placed in an art gallery because it is spectacular and if not the most gorgeous sculpting of any car ever produced!

No doubt with some visual mods to help round out the design is required and will probably finish it for me but im starting to think I dont feel so bad about giving up my number 1 spot for it...

It still bothers me that its just a tuned engine and not its own considering I can do the same to my 235i and exceed what BMW did...However What I cant do is drop the weight...

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 10:28 AM   #110
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
So wait....OP, you trespassed onto bmwna property to snap all these pics in real life just to post on here? Lol holy shit that's kinda crazy! I can't believe nobody booted you out! Great pics though, these are the best ones most of us have seen yet!!
Lol, let me set this straight before the police come to my door. At NO point did I ever go through any foul play of any kind. I would never do that. There was no gate, so security check, nothing. It felt similar to parking at your local grocery store. It was just like any other public parking lot. It just said BMW NA at the entrance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Hey Alex! Top job on the pics and video. I could almost feel your excitement at finally getting to see the M2! You've been waiting from the very start like I was and even though I deflected to the "dark" side I'm still super buzzing for all the excited M2 owners to be patiently waiting and choosing colours etc

My F80 decision definately made sense for me. My wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our first and the M2 would just have been a complete hassle in this respect. I'm still eagerly following the car and may well put a deposit down on any potential "CSL" variant.
F80 is a beastly car. And there are definitely things that the F80 has that I WISH the M2 had. But they both fill their roles really well. If I wasn't lusting after a 2 door coupe, there is no question in my mind that I'd be in a Mineral Grey F80. The car is simply a beast. I have a blast every time my friend takes me for a ride, and I'm not even driving the damn thing! Haha.

CSL is going to be wicked if it ever becomes a reality. I think it will solve a lot of people's issues with the base M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Entering into the lion's den to meet BMW M's latest cub ? You mad hatter !
Looking forward to taking delivery of my M2 in Mineral Grey next Spring.
BMW (1973): "Do you need only transportation ? Then BMW is not for you. There are always the so-called economy cars, or any number of less exciting choices."
Gotta take some risks in life, eh? Haha. Looking forward to drooling over your car, Luc. It's going to be a killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3 View Post
Haha. ^ this.

What, no security? I would have thought that you would have had to get through a locked gate, but apparently not.

Not sold on LBB, though.
No locked gate. I'd never break through security anywhere. Especially at BMW. The last company I'd ever want to be blacklisted by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
BTW, the car is growing on me ... A LOT. Loving the design lines. And yes, this will spank a 1M all the way around a race track or until it's mommy gets back to take it home.

The styling is definitely not for everyone. It will grow on some, and not on others. I like it, but if people expect it to look like a mini M4 then they're in for a surprise because it's quite different!

Quote:
So what you're telling me is that I should go back tomorrow at a later time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
Now you've done it.

Thanks for the reviews too. We have the same idea on the first con. When you look at the front at an angle it does have a "flow" problem.

Oh and this should make front page, you know, when the pics actually appear
No prob, my man. I actually think a lower front splitter will address that issue quite well. But I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. My first goal is to just GET THE DAMN CAR. lol.

And damn, yeah it did make front page. Dream come true, haha. Made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
Your enthusiasm for this car is great Adem1534! Happy you got to see it finally!
Thanks, man! It was awesome being able to see something that I've been craving for so long. Your 1M is a special car though. I've seen your comments and totally agree with you. I advise people that are thinking about swapping their 1M for an M2, to not expect a car that looks as "bonkers" as the 1M does. The 1M looks more "out there" for sure. And I totally, totally get why some people want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Adem1534, you are the Man! Thanks for this!
Nah man, you are! Haha. You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Based upon this snippet, are you back on team LBB?
I don't know. I'm a hell of a lot closer than I was. I was 90% MG 10% LBB and now it's shifted to 60% MG 40% LBB. Part of me still prefers a stealth color over an in your face one, but LBB looked damn unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
Nice man! I had some worries about LBB, even though it was the lead colour for me.

Your video is great and if it truly is representative, I think that colour is great!

Good job snooping around!
Color was in fact special. The greatest part about it is how unique it is. Never have I seen a color quite like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup73 View Post
Fantastic. Tyvm
For sure, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Thanks for the shots man!

M2 looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in person myself.
Of course! Yeah, I liked it a lot. People who are on the fence about the bumper will probably need to have it grow on them. I don't remember if you said you felt that way... I feel like you did. But anyways, yeah, the car was really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
thanks for the pics and the vid
You're very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Amazing shots!! Can't wait to see this car in person!

And thanks for the shoutout on the video haha. Can't wait to get our cars together for a shoot!
M2 M3 photo shoot here we come. I'm going to wait to do the first one with you, no matter how many people ask me -

"Yo, Alex, lets do an M2/M3 photoshoot."

"Nah, man, can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because, man. That'd be cheating."

"Cheating on who?"

"SaMaster14."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siciliano611 View Post
Woof! That's one ugly car...
Definitely not for everyone! See it in person first, though. Although there's a chance that if you hate the photos, you also won't like it in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Ugh thanks for the amazing review and photos Adem1534 but you're seriously making me regret my decision of taking myself off #1 spot at my dealer
Get back on! No hurt in that! haha. And you're very welcome, any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
I wish the front was a little more subtle. What makes the M3 looks great is the front bumper doesn't stick out much past the grille. The M2 looks huge.
The front bumper is not for everyone. Like I said in the write up, if you prefer a subtle bumper, you may even prefer the M235i. I think in person the 'sticking out' of the front bumper is less in your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Good job! nice hunting down that M2 much appreciated and THANK YOU for all the pics man!
Very welcome, brotha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Rob View Post
Adem1534:
Very impressed with your commitment. Nicely done.

And yes, I think it's beautiful, too. What a great design.
Thank you! Yes, the design is definitely not held back. They really went for it. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Awesome stuff. Crazy how much the color changes between the two cameras.
Right? Absolutely blew my mind. At that moment I understood why no one could agree on the color. Cameras do not capture it consistently. And even when they do, the color itself is different half the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete View Post
Thanks for taking the considerable time and effort Adem1534
Hell yeah! My pleasure. You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovman View Post
Thanks for going the light the trouble. Awesome .
For sure man! Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
MG still for me too. Thanks for sharing Adem. Much appreciated
I'm still slightly leaning towards MG, aslo! I think if you're into the 'stealth' looking cars, the M2 is going to make you a very, very happy camper in MG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Great photos!

Does no one at BMW think it would be a good idea to put gates around that complex?
There were not gates lol. Man, I really hope people don't think I pulled a Mission Impossible.

Well, I hope I never pull a Mission Impossible because I'd never want to harm a beautiful F80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfordbay View Post

Adem1534 We all owe you one.
My pleasure! If you insist on repaying me, just show me your awesome M2 should you get one! That will be more than enough. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Thanks man! That is some dedication. Great video ad photos.

I wonder why the passenger side exhaust tips have carbon soot on them but the driver side tip do not...surely they are functional!
Of course, man. You're welcome.

I think someone else pointed it out already, but it's definitely because some of the valves can be either open or closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M235i View Post
good effort mate!

have to say LBB looks really underwhelming especially in the fading light, looked really dull. a good colour is supposed to stand on its own.

for those still sitting on the sunroof-or-not fence, taking another look at the good shots of the roof line/panel without one
I was surprised that as it got darker, the color really mellows out. It's as if both the green and blue become less apparent. It's definitely unique, but I'm sure some won't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
Thanks for this! I didn't need any more convincing with this car but all of the pictures made me very excited. Those rear fenders mean business! Exactly what I've been waiting for. Also, with all those pictures I now understand LBB. Still not decided what I will order, but I understand the color changing effect and what it's "base" color is.
You're welcome!

It's a very unique color. I'm glad the video helped. As I've said, it's the reason no one can agree what it looks like online. Some cameras don't capture it right, and even when they do, the color itself is continuously changing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
this logic makes no sense to me..

the original M cars all had small proportions....2002 Turbo (pre M car) and E30 M3.

To me the Quintessential M car is all about small proportions....and the M2 continues this tradition the 1M restarted after years of M cars getting way too big IMO....after the E46 M3 which was still nice and compact!

The original E28 M5 was beautifully compact....the current generation is like an aircraft liner...ick!
1M and M2 definitely are close brothers when it comes to looking the 'right' size

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Dear god, please produce an image of yourself in a homemade food product (preferably a grilled cheese or grilled fish filet) to assist me in deciding which f-ing car to get...
I have no damn clue what I just read, but you, sir, made me laugh at my screen, and for that I say, thank you.

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
You guys might be taking Scott's comment too seriously. If following his normal style of comments, he or she might just be poking fun at the fact. At least thats what I think
Lol. When I read it I got the same impression. I don't think he's being serious. At least I hope not. Because I'm trying to go back there this week! Haha. Don't worry scott, I'm not pulling a Mission Impossible, and no F80s will be harmed in the production of the photos.

Soon.
Appreciate 2