BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Passenger mirror not moving

10-19-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
TDS84
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

Passenger mirror not moving

So i replaced my side mirror lights and broke my passenger side mirror trying to remove it. Ordered a new one and installed it only to realize mirror was not not moving when i adjusted it with the switch. You can hear the motor working, sounds the same as the drivers side, just no movement.

I took a few pics hoping someone might be able to identify the issue? This is driving me nuts as it was working perfectly fine before and i didnt do anything different.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 08:58 AM   #2
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

I've had my mirrors off a number of times. A couple times I didn't have the mirror correctly snapped/locked in and I could also hear the motor, but no movement in the mirror. Perhaps the new mirror with stiffer tabs is not fully locked on to the actuator.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #3
TDS84
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw m2

I thought this as well, shouldnt you see the actuator moving when the mirror is off though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I've had my mirrors off a number of times. A couple times I didn't have the mirror correctly snapped/locked in and I could also hear the motor, but no movement in the mirror. Perhaps the new mirror with stiffer tabs is not fully locked on to the actuator.
Appreciate 0