BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of an Era - The Final Few EDs Comprehensive Compilation

09-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #661
ECAM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@F82PRETEND I have been following your journey since the beginning. Honestly, stick with your guns on the discount. If the dealer won't budge, go with a Porsche next year. Much better option and something you will 100% enjoy.

At first I was going to say the dealer was short sighted on trying to earn some more money on this deal. But honestly, they're playing it correctly. They know they can sell it with little to no discount on this car (we have seen this). So again it falls back on what do you really want. My sense is you have grown slightly attached to this car due to the ED experience. When I read your words previously, it was more excitement on the journey than the actual car. The experience of driving on the autobahn, etc.

Again, this is all from my perspective and you can tell me I am off. But I still want to nudge you to the Porsche next year. You have waited so long, a few more month and you can be fully satisfied with the toy from Stuttgart
Well put. When I canceled, I was on email from BMW to dealer with their options. The dealer comes out ahead and will sell for more if they take the car.
JCZ51482.50
      09-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #662
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@F82PRETEND I have been following your journey since the beginning. Honestly, stick with your guns on the discount. If the dealer won't budge, go with a Porsche next year. Much better option and something you will 100% enjoy.

At first I was going to say the dealer was short sighted on trying to earn some more money on this deal. But honestly, they're playing it correctly. They know they can sell it with little to no discount on this car (we have seen this). So again it falls back on what do you really want. My sense is you have grown slightly attached to this car due to the ED experience. When I read your words previously, it was more excitement on the journey than the actual car. The experience of driving on the autobahn, etc.

Again, this is all from my perspective and you can tell me I am off. But I still want to nudge you to the Porsche next year. You have waited so long, a few more month and you can be fully satisfied with the toy from Stuttgart
Thanks...that's my intent. We're probably getting too late by end of next week for a PCD alone to work out for me anyway. I think he's trying to avoid me in the meantime. Interesting perspective on the selling without a discount. I don't think that's the case here in Southern California for an M2C, but things have been trending relatively tight in the car market.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      09-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #663
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

I officially started the process to switch to PCD. I asked my CA to see if we were to cancel today, when PCD would be. If it's before the snow flies, I'll most likely do that.

Once we get confirmation from Raven, I'll be making that decision. Sad day.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #664
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
I officially started the process to switch to PCD. I asked my CA to see if we were to cancel today, when PCD would be. If it's before the snow flies, I'll most likely do that.

My CA said 6-7 weeks. The car is already built, but by the time they move it around and then the apparent PCD extra time, my concern is it would still be 8+ weeks. Curious to hear what Raven says.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 11:48 AM   #665
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:

My CA said 6-7 weeks. The car is already built, but by the time they move it around and then the apparent PCD extra time, my concern is it would still be 8+ weeks. Curious to hear what Raven says.
Raven told me that once an order is in for ED, it needs to be cancelled and re-submitted for PCD.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Email below.

Since I'm already paying for my car, cancellation wasn't an option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #666
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So, I told my CA that I'd take the car for PCD delivery directly at a price of $60,000 even, provided they throw in the 5/75 ultimate care scheduled maintenance plan (no brakes) that retails for $899 (I assume the dealer makes about $100-200 on this). ED sticker is $61,200, so I was assuming their invoice was around $58k and they'd probably make about $1200 and be happy.

He said that was too low. He acknowledged invoice of $57,420 and there only being $3,780 in the car and no incentive money from BMW on the ED, which was not a lot for a "hot car." I assume this is the holdback he's referring to. That said, his invoice is about $600 lower than what I figured and I told him I thought it wasn't bad for them at all, considering they're making $1800 and the car never hits their lot, never incurs a finance charge to carry, etc, etc.

I told him that if ED doesn't work out, I'd just walk. He said he'd get back to me, but I'm basically just wiped out.
So, last week this was the back and forth with the dealer. CA kind of stalled...I asked him Monday if the car had moved to Munich yet, as that'd probably add time getting it up to Bremerhaven to have it shipped. He said he didn't think so.

Yesterday, I asked if they were willing to do anything and he said maybe $1000. I said well if you do the $1200, forget the service, I'll take it. He said he'd get back to me. Then nothing all afternoon until I bugged him last night. He said he'd ask today. I heard nothing all day today. I get the sense his tactic was to just stall it and I'd probably still want it.

So, I just sent a text telling him to cancel the order. Crickets. Did he run off to the boss to tell him to drop the price? I don't know. At this point, I'm just annoyed. There are two orange ones within 750 miles that are the exact spec I had, save for no M driver pack. With stickers of $61,645, I'm confident I could get one of those for less than the $61,200 ED sticker of my build if I still have to have one. If I can't, oh well.

Edit: He finally got back to me around 8 pm last night...saying he was in the office (but hadn't seen the texts?). Anyway, he is apparently escalating to Regional Manager...not sure why or what this will accomplish other than the dealer wanting to ensure its profit. I told him my biggest issue is timing of arrival and that I don't want to be driving back across the country in December. We'll see what he says today...if he replies.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 09-24-2020 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
f87kevin123.50
      09-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #667
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
So, last week this was the back and forth with the dealer. CA kind of stalled...I asked him Monday if the car had moved to Munich yet, as that'd probably add time getting it up to Bremerhaven to have it shipped. He said he didn't think so.

Yesterday, I asked if they were willing to do anything and he said maybe $1000. I said well if you do the $1200, forget the service, I'll take it. He said he'd get back to me. Then nothing all afternoon until I bugged him last night. He said he'd ask today. I heard nothing all day today. I get the sense his tactic was to just stall it and I'd probably still want it.

So, I just sent a text telling him to cancel the order. Crickets. Did he run off to the boss to tell him to drop the price? I don't know. At this point, I'm just annoyed. There are two orange ones within 750 miles that are the exact spec I had, save for no M driver pack. With stickers of $61,645, I'm confident I could get one of those for less than the $61,200 ED sticker of my build if I still have to have one. If I can't, oh well.

Edit: He finally got back to me around 8 pm last night...saying he was in the office (but hadn't seen the texts?). Anyway, he is apparently escalating to Regional Manager...not sure why or what this will accomplish other than the dealer wanting to ensure its profit. I told him my biggest issue is timing of arrival and that I don't want to be driving back across the country in December. We'll see what he says today...if he replies.
You're talking about cancelling ED and doing PCD, right? But getting money off for the M Driver's Package? Fingers crossed...hopefully they make it work for you. Although it sounds like worst case scenario, you end up in a nice Porsche next year

I haven't gotten far on cancelling ED in favor of PCD yet. My CA got back to me yesterday with the PCD team in tow. It sounds like its a minimum of "8 weeks from production" which puts me squarely in the middle of November, which is a nonstarter (due to time off blackouts). I asked if we can confirm a PCD Delivery date prior to cancelling ED, if we can't I will be keeping ED as long as possible.

Worst case for me - I can't do PCD and keep ED through Mid-Oct. I cancel OCT 15, then schedule PCD. The Performance Center will keep the car up to 4 weeks after they receive it, so that buys me 12 weeks, putting me at the end of Dec/start of Jan, which is when I can actually take time off. But then I'll be driving my car back in the winter.

This whole process has been such a mess
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #668
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You're talking about cancelling ED and doing PCD, right? But getting money off for the M Driver's Package? Fingers crossed...hopefully they make it work for you. Although it sounds like worst case scenario, you end up in a nice Porsche next year

I haven't gotten far on cancelling ED in favor of PCD yet. My CA got back to me yesterday with the PCD team in tow. It sounds like its a minimum of "8 weeks from production" which puts me squarely in the middle of November, which is a nonstarter (due to time off blackouts). I asked if we can confirm a PCD Delivery date prior to cancelling ED, if we can't I will be keeping ED as long as possible.

Worst case for me - I can't do PCD and keep ED through Mid-Oct. I cancel OCT 15, then schedule PCD. The Performance Center will keep the car up to 4 weeks after they receive it, so that buys me 12 weeks, putting me at the end of Dec/start of Jan, which is when I can actually take time off. But then I'll be driving my car back in the winter.

This whole process has been such a mess
Yup...exactly. Effectively getting money off that package. He came back and said manager said $700 but not $1200 and I said no. So, he escalated it to the RM. More mental back and forth last night. Maybe I just tell him to leave the ED and change post-ED delivery to the dealer with the caveat that if ED doesn't work out, it's his car.

Thought more about the Porsche thing. I think I like the idea of ED-ing a Porsche more than I like the idea of the Porsche. Aside from the first 987 I had, every time I get truly close to a Porsche, I step away. Part of it is the impracticality, but I don't do very much moving of people or stuff in my cars, so I'm not sure what the rest of it is.

If you are still wanting the car, I'd normally say go with the PCD...but I think you have to get pretty far north right in the middle of winter. That said, with a 4-week window, you might be able to find a nice weather pocket.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #669
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

So, I just got off the phone with the CA. They had to get 3 people involved, regional level, etc...I think they got the region to split the $1200 discount with them. In any event, they agreed to sell it to me for $60k. They are also going to ask if the M driver pack can be removed and, if so, they'll sell it at the ED MSRP of $58,700. They said 6-8 weeks for PCD, of course could be longer. I am pretty satisfied. Not the ED I wanted, but the M2C I wanted.

I thought about the G80 and asked him the timeline and he said March at the earliest. My biggest issue there is really the weight, styling aside. I do like the G80 over the G82 especially in the IOM/Tartufo combo. What I really thought about is how I wanted to have a stick while we're stuck in Covid WFH/reduced traffic and this is probably my window. Of all the (slim selection of) manual transmission cars, the M2C is the one that really does it for me.

Hate to lose the ED, but I don't see us getting into Europe. Just saw this piece... https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...-covid-travel/ Travel industry folks saying we're not going until next year. I did just book a super short notice, stellar deal trip to the Galapagos in 2 weeks, so that'll feed the travel needs until the PCD. I also managed to get a "good will refund" on my Lufthansa flight...almost pays for the trip to South America.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 09-25-2020 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:52 PM   #670
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
So, I just got off the phone with the CA. They had to get 3 people involved, regional level, etc...I think they got the region to split the $1200 discount with them. In any event, they agreed to sell it to me for $60k. They are also going to ask if the M driver pack can be removed and, if so, they'll sell it at the ED MSRP of $58,700. They said 6-8 weeks for PCD, of course could be longer. I am pretty satisfied. Not the ED I wanted, but the M2C I wanted.

I thought about the G80 and asked him the timeline and he said March at the earliest. My biggest issue there is really the weight, styling aside. I do like the G80 over the G82 especially in the IOM/Tartufo combo. What I really thought about is how I wanted to have a stick while we're stuck in Covid WFH/reduced traffic and this is probably my window. Of all the (slim selection of) manual transmission cars, the M2C is the one that really does it for me.

Hate to lose the ED, but I don't see us getting into Europe. Just saw this piece... https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...-covid-travel/ Travel industry folks saying we're not going until next year. I did just book a super short notice, stellar deal trip to the Galapagos in 2 weeks, so that'll feed the travel needs until the PCD. I also managed to get a "good will refund" on my Lufthansa flight...almost pays for the trip to South America.
Congrats on accomplishing this. I cancelled my ED yesterday and having the car delivered to me instead. I wanted to do PCD, but my wife's mom got diagnosed with bone marrow cancer and PCD is not an option at this time.
I guess everything happens for a reason.
      09-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #671
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Congrats on accomplishing this. I cancelled my ED yesterday and having the car delivered to me instead. I wanted to do PCD, but my wife's mom got diagnosed with bone marrow cancer and PCD is not an option at this time.
I guess everything happens for a reason.
Oh wow, I am sorry to hear this. I was hoping you'd be able to go just by yourself and get the car. Best to you and your mother and law.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:34 PM   #672
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

The M drivers pack is just some BMW coding that can be done for a lot less cost aftermarket and then the cost of the 1 day M school. The 1 day school is basically the same as the 1 day M Track days which is now $995 so adding the package to my car was never really considered for more than a glancing thought. I'm really surprised that they can't just say forget the school and give you the top speed for free. How long can you go flat out on the Autobahn during ED anyway while the car needs to be in break-in mode? Having tracked a few M cars now the top speed on most of the tracks I have been on was about 150 anyway before you are mashing the brakes for the next corner.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #673
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
The M drivers pack is just some BMW coding that can be done for a lot less cost aftermarket and then the cost of the 1 day M school. The 1 day school is basically the same as the 1 day M Track days which is now $995 so adding the package to my car was never really considered for more than a glancing thought. I'm really surprised that they can't just say forget the school and give you the top speed for free. How long can you go flat out on the Autobahn during ED anyway while the car needs to be in break-in mode? Having tracked a few M cars now the top speed on most of the tracks I have been on was about 150 anyway before you are mashing the brakes for the next corner.
Yup all true. My ED plan was over 2 weeks with a service built in and substantial time to run it up on the autobahn post-break in. Between that and the credit I'd get for the pack toward some other school, I figured it was worth it for the ED. I don't think they'll say they can just take it off, though that'd be the ideal situation
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #674
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Oh wow, I am sorry to hear this. I was hoping you'd be able to go just by yourself and get the car. Best to you and your mother and law.
If I went by myself I would come back to new locks in the house and divorce papers stapled onto my door.
f87kevin123.50
      09-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #675
Buchloe_Burkard
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Q7, 2020 M2C

Just to post on the progress...After arriving at "Bimmer Heaven" before Aug 1, the car sat waiting for a vessel for roughly 45 days. It arrived in NJ and passed customs on Sep 22. Today, it is day 8 of it sitting in possession of BMW NA, who are for some reason taking their sweet time to "inspect it" before it can be released for transport to the local dealership. Nobody at BMW NA knows what is going on.
I placed deposit on it exactly 12 months ago, VIN was issued in late April, assembly completed in early June. It's been a journey, just not of the kind I expected when I signed up for all this. Hoping it'll reach a happy conclusion any time now.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:26 AM   #676
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchloe_Burkard View Post
Just to post on the progress...After arriving at "Bimmer Heaven" before Aug 1, the car sat waiting for a vessel for roughly 45 days. It arrived in NJ and passed customs on Sep 22. Today, it is day 8 of it sitting in possession of BMW NA, who are for some reason taking their sweet time to "inspect it" before it can be released for transport to the local dealership. Nobody at BMW NA knows what is going on.
I placed deposit on it exactly 12 months ago, VIN was issued in late April, assembly completed in early June. It's been a journey, just not of the kind I expected when I signed up for all this. Hoping it'll reach a happy conclusion any time now.
Yikes, I hope you get it soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #677
f87kevin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
45 days mine has been waiting for a week and I keep telling myself it should be on a ship soon now.
📍Bellingham, WA 🏔🌲
📸 @f87kevin
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #678
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Hope you get your car soon. My wait has not been as long as yours, though mine has sat at the Baltimore VPC for 2 1/2 weeks now. It just cleared customs, so hope it gets on transport soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 03:54 PM   #679
Buchloe_Burkard
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Q7, 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Hope you get your car soon. My wait has not been as long as yours, though mine has sat at the Baltimore VPC for 2 1/2 weeks now. It just cleared customs, so hope it gets on transport soon.
Thanks, appreciate it. Hope you get yours soon as well.

Guessing if your M2C will be seeing winter use that you will be acquiring a winter wheel/tire combo. Curious if you already decided what setup to go for. I am leaning toward 641M-based setup. Apologies for a slight digression.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #680
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

My winter wheel and tire package just showed up this week.

At some point the M2 will head to the garage for the winter.
Attached Images

'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35029.00
      09-30-2020, 09:34 PM   #681
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchloe_Burkard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Thanks, appreciate it. Hope you get yours soon as well.

Guessing if your M2C will be seeing winter use that you will be acquiring a winter wheel/tire combo. Curious if you already decided what setup to go for. I am leaning toward 641M-based setup. Apologies for a slight digression.
My car won't see any winter duty. Similar to @FLYIN' , here is my winter wheel setup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Fugly M35029.00
      09-30-2020, 09:36 PM   #682
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My car is on transport now, status updated later today on BMW website.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2