BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of an Era - The Final Few EDs Comprehensive Compilation

09-12-2020, 11:10 PM   #617
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Almost at port in the US.
How long from departing Germany to the port? 2 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 11:24 PM   #618
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
How long from departing Germany to the port? 2 weeks?
Departed on 9/4, so by the time it reaches port it will be 9 days. Please note that Victoria Highway had no stops between Baltimore and Bremerhaven. A lot the ships will have one or two stops before arriving in the US.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35029.00
      09-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #619
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Departed on 9/4, so by the time it reaches port it will be 9 days. Please note that Victoria Highway had no stops between Baltimore and Bremerhaven. A lot the ships will have one or two stops before arriving in the US.
Gotcha...I am trying to time the eta to Brunswick if I decide to just do PCD.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #620
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

sorry to hear this man. hopefully they will open this up again few years later (never stay never!!). reminded me of my journey which started in feb 2019 and was almost pushed to 2020 due to buying a new house, wife not able to make it, having to push it down couple of times and visa issues. I have to thank BMW of Ridgefield for being a star and getting it done thru while honoring the ED discount and doing everything right inspite of lot of challenges being thrown till it reached me in CA. but want to close out on the fact that thou ED is special you can make just as much memories if you take a road trip thru some nice routes in the US to break in ur new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f87kevin View Post
It hurts, but I just hit send on the email to Raven to move to a direct shipment rather than ED. This journey started for me in April 2019 when I asked the 5 closest dealers about ED on the M2C. At the time they were low on allocations in the NW and nobody was willing to give one up for ED. I reached out to a few other places and (long story short) in February 2020 a local dealership was able/willing to get an ED allocation. We opted for May delivery so we could align the trip with my birthday. And then COVID. And then the cancellation of the ED Program. I've pushed the delivery date out two times since in order to keep the dream alive.

Looking at the current situation in Europe and the US I can't imagine travel opening by the end of October. If it does open by then so much of my plan was on passes that will be closed and roads in non-deal conditions.

For those of you continuing to hold out I hope I am wrong! I'll continue to watch the situation and the discussion here. On the other side I am starting to plan a NW road trip in the spring to enjoy the car how I had hoped to in the Alps and along the Mediterranean.

Last edited by goku7; 09-13-2020 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 05:51 AM   #621
Carguy47
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Hello all,

I just made an account to ask you guys a question. I know some have decided to cancel ED, and I was wondering if it was possible to take over their slot. I just got stationed here in Germany and looking to purchase a M2 Competition through BMW Military sales, and would love to do a European delivery at Munich since I'm already here. Please let me know if it's possible and if not, I understand. Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 07:21 AM   #622
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy47 View Post
Hello all,

I just made an account to ask you guys a question. I know some have decided to cancel ED, and I was wondering if it was possible to take over their slot. I just got stationed here in Germany and looking to purchase a M2 Competition through BMW Military sales, and would love to do a European delivery at Munich since I'm already here. Please let me know if it's possible and if not, I understand. Thanks everyone!
Your military sales adviser should be able to schedule that for you. You don't get any specific discounts based on the delivery other than the military discount but BMW Welt delivery is available to everyone in Europe.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #623
Carguy47
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN' View Post
Your military sales adviser should be able to schedule that for you. You don't get any specific discounts based on the delivery other than the military discount but BMW Welt delivery is available to everyone in Europe.
Thanks for the info! I talked to the BMW military sales advisor and says I can't take delivery in BMW Welt, as that's not available for me. They said the best they could do was a delivery at Würzburg, which is the main dealership for Bavarian Motor Cars. Bavarian Motor Cars is one of the dealerships that does military sales
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #624
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy47 View Post
Thanks for the info! I talked to the BMW military sales advisor and says I can't take delivery in BMW Welt, as that's not available for me. They said the best they could do was a delivery at Würzburg, which is the main dealership for Bavarian Motor Cars. Bavarian Motor Cars is one of the dealerships that does military sales
If you wanted to do a traditional ED, remember that you wouldn't be able to keep the car in Europe. It would have to be shipped home. I don't think that's in line with what you're looking to do if you're stationed in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 11:15 AM   #625
Carguy47
Rep

Quote:
If you wanted to do a traditional ED, remember that you wouldn't be able to keep the car in Europe. It would have to be shipped home. I don't think that's in line with what you're looking to do if you're stationed in Germany.
That's true, I see what your saying. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #626
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

I think I'll have to make a decision to cancel ED in the next week. I'm leaning towards it at the moment. I have two issues:

1) I want to avoid driving in the winter
2) I can't take any time off Mid Nov through Christmas

Considering PCD would be at least +6 weeks when I cancel, I'm already looking at the first week of NOV.

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the news that Finland will start letting people in, even from high risk zones, with a negative test (link below). If the rest of Europe follows and I end up cancelling, I'll miss the opportunity.

Or, I wait until OCT 29 and worst case they ship the car locally and I road trip down to SC to do M School next spring/summer. I don't know. Tell me what to do!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarat.../#1b972c8b6e81
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:44 AM   #627
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
I think I'll have to make a decision to cancel ED in the next week. I'm leaning towards it at the moment. I have two issues:

Considering PCD would be at least +6 weeks when I cancel, I'm already looking at the first week of NOV.

The only thing holding me back at the moment is the news that Finland will start letting people in, even from high risk zones, with a negative test (link below). If the rest of Europe follows and I end up cancelling, I'll miss the opportunity.

Or, I wait until OCT 29 and worst case they ship the car locally and I road trip down to SC to do M School next spring/summer. I don't know. Tell me what to do!

I actually emailed Raven last night to ask if there was a date after which BMW would stop pushing the deliveries back and force the cars to US delivery. This news is basically in line with the new traffic light coloring scheme for third countries. We wouldn't necessarily be allowed into Finland under this scheme. That said, if we were, Finland is within the critical Schengen area.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:52 AM   #628
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually emailed Raven last night to ask if there was a date after which BMW would stop pushing the deliveries back and force the cars to US delivery. This news is basically in line with the new traffic light coloring scheme for third countries. We wouldn't necessarily be allowed into Finland under this scheme. That said, if we were, Finland is within the critical Schengen area.
That would be good to know. Do you have a link you can share for the stoplight system? I think I missed that.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #629
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That would be good to know. Do you have a link you can share for the stoplight system? I think I missed that.
Not the best article...but the one I found off hand.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1267...es-uk-ireland/

Basically, as of right now, we are way off the mark.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 12:22 PM   #630
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not the best article...but the one I found off hand.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/1267...es-uk-ireland/

Basically, as of right now, we are way off the mark.
That helps and adds color to the above article. Now I'm less confident we'll be able to get in with negative tests.

Plus, if countries do follow their own rules rather than the EU Comission, it would really complicate matters for leaving Germany by road. And there's always the risk of getting "stuck" somewhere.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 12:29 PM   #631
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That helps and adds color to the above article. Now I'm less confident we'll be able to get in with negative tests.

Plus, if countries do follow their own rules rather than the EU Comission, it would really complicate matters for leaving Germany by road. And there's always the risk of getting "stuck" somewhere.
Very true. I've already decided that if I can get into Germany, I plan to make it a one-country trip.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 03:48 PM   #632
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just got an email from Raven...nothing on this front right now. About what I expected. At some point the Germans or BMWNA will be like okay it's over over...but not yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 04:44 PM   #633
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just got an email from Raven...nothing on this front right now. About what I expected. At some point the Germans or BMWNA will be like okay it's over over...but not yet.
Thanks for the update!

Right now I'm def leaning towards cancelling. Which breaks my heart (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration). But M school sounds SUPER fun and the risk might just be too high to go.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #634
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update!

Right now I'm def leaning towards cancelling. Which breaks my heart (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration). But M school sounds SUPER fun and the risk might just be too high to go.
Yup...I was ready to go with PCD on Monday, but couldn't do it. I am about ready to walk away entirely. Even with the ED pricing, I don't want to pay for the M driver pack with no autobahn!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #635
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Yup...I was ready to go with PCD on Monday, but couldn't do it. I am about ready to walk away entirely. Even with the ED pricing, I don't want to pay for the M driver pack with no autobahn!
Have you asked the dealer to credit you the cost of the M Driver pack to save the deal?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #636
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Have you asked the dealer to credit you the cost of the M Driver pack to save the deal?
Not yet...been thinking about that. Their total profit is like $3135 and that's $2500, so I'm wondering how keen they'd be to do that.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 09-16-2020 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #637
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:

I have the same issue as you with #1. I wanted to drive through some passes and it would not be possible.
As of right now I am set for 10/29, but most likely will be emailing Jon and Raven tomorrow to have the car shipped instead.

I will rent a M550d wagon next year from Sixt and follow my route from this ED.
I am keeping my M driver's pack since I do enjoy modifying and doing 1/2 mile events.

It really saddens me, but it is what it is.
      09-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #638
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

So I texted me CA saying I'm leaning toward just going PCD but wanted to find out if we could get "BMW to comp the M Driver's Pack." Crickets so far.
Appreciate 0