BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of an Era - The Final Few EDs Comprehensive Compilation

08-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #529
Helles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
Buchloe_Burkard I am now sitting at port with you. My port of entry for the car is Baltimore. I narrowed down a few ships it might go on.

"K" Line - Victoria Highway (departing Sept 3rd), Orion Highway (departing Sept 11th)

Wallenius - Tysla (departing Aug 27th), Honor (departing Aug 29th), Thermopylae (departing Sept 5th)
Just out of curiosity, why Baltimore? My last car came through Port Hueneme in Cali. I'm also in Colorado
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #530
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 Audi SQ5,05 BMW 330i ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helles View Post
Quote:
Buchloe_Burkard I am now sitting at port with you. My port of entry for the car is Baltimore. I narrowed down a few ships it might go on.

"K" Line - Victoria Highway (departing Sept 3rd), Orion Highway (departing Sept 11th)

Wallenius - Tysla (departing Aug 27th), Honor (departing Aug 29th), Thermopylae (departing Sept 5th)
Just out of curiosity, why Baltimore? My last car came through Port Hueneme in Cali. I'm also in Colorado
I ordered my car from a dealer in Minneapolis.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #531
marshall834
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
nice! Was that from my guy? Or the Bloomington one?
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #532
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post
Quote:
nice! Was that from my guy? Or the Bloomington one?
Bloomington dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #533
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Mine has finally entered production and I have a VIN! Precisely 30 days out from "delivery date."

Edit...my Nurburgring lapping was just cancelled, so I am now trying to downgrade to the 2 weeks of free insurance. Whole thing likely to collapse quickly!

Name:  Production Begins.png
Views: 293
Size:  199.7 KB

Last edited by Fugly M3; 08-27-2020 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 12:20 PM   #534
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

An update...

I am reading that once you have a negative test, you are free to go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/w...travelers.html

https://www.munich-airport.com/coron...irport-9526455

https://time.com/5876839/germany-coronavirus-test/

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #535
f87kevin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
I am reading that once you have a negative test, you are free to go
My read of this is that this applies (so far) in addition to the current travel restrictions not in place of. So if you are a EU citizen who can currently return from the US from Germany you will now be required to take a test when you return.

Hopefully this opens up the possibilities for opening up travel more with a test in the future though.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #536
mercury26
Lord of the Rings
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f87kevin View Post
Quote:
I am reading that once you have a negative test, you are free to go
My read of this is that this applies (so far) in addition to the current travel restrictions not in place of. So if you are a EU citizen who can currently return from the US from Germany you will now be required to take a test when you return.

Hopefully this opens up the possibilities for opening up travel more with a test in the future though.
I read it the same way, they are requiring German citizens to get tests.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #537
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f87kevin View Post

Quote:
I read it the same way, they are requiring German citizens to get tests.
Yea, I think you're both right. Argh. They also seem to be shifting away from the testing option to a mandatory 5-day quarantine for all and then a test.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #538
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Though I continue to hold out, it would seem, given the increased restrictions Germany just imposed, that this isn't happening for anyone not having an EU passport. Wondering if we should ask Raven if BMW just intends to cancel all the outstanding EDs for those who submitted U.S. passports? Why are they operating as if it will be possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 08:07 AM   #539
ECAM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 GT4

Quote:
Though I continue to hold out, it would seem, given the increased restrictions Germany just imposed, that this isn't happening for anyone not having an EU passport. Wondering if we should ask Raven if BMW just intends to cancel all the outstanding EDs for those who submitted U.S. passports? Why are they operating as if it will be possible?
I switched my ED efforts to a P Car for next year, but that dealer also sells BMW. They seemed to think there is a chance it may be brought back. Curious what Raven says.
      08-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #540
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECAM3 View Post
I switched my ED efforts to a P Car for next year, but that dealer also sells BMW. They seemed to think there is a chance it may be brought back. Curious what Raven says.
I am thinking about that as well. The P car and the return of BMW ED. I'm not enamored with what's coming from BMW, so we'll see what happens on the P car end. A new 992 it may be.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #541
FreudeamFahren18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80, 2022 G80m

Quote:
BMW is thinking that you still want the car, Euro delivery or not.
I asked the same question to Raven and the response was that they cant tell what will happen and offered to ship the car to me while honoring the Euro price.
That made me cancel my order coz without the Euro Delivery, I wasn't interested in the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #542
ECAM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am thinking about that as well. The P car and the return of BMW ED. I'm not enamored with what's coming from BMW, so we'll see what happens on the P car end. A new 992 it may be.
Which 992 model are you thinking?
      08-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #543
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudeamFahren18 View Post
I asked the same question to Raven and the response was that they cant tell what will happen and offered to ship the car to me while honoring the Euro price.
That made me cancel my order coz without the Euro Delivery, I wasn't interested in the car.
That's actually sort of funny. Oh look we have all these orders because we announced the end of ED...we can't fathom the possibility our customer base could consist of those willing to buy a new M car solely for the ED experience. Personally, as I have stated, if I were to take the car without the ED...I'd also want a different build without the Driver Pack...so they'd have to comp that too!

Quote:
Probably just a coupe or an S coupe. The base car is now so great and the delta between it an S has gotten tiny.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 10:34 AM   #544
ECAM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's actually sort of funny. Oh look we have all these orders because we announced the end of ED...we can't fathom the possibility our customer base could consist of those willing to buy a new M car solely for the ED experience. Personally, as I have stated, if I were to take the car without the ED...I'd also want a different build without the Driver Pack...so they'd have to comp that too!

Quote:
Probably just a coupe or an S coupe. The base car is now so great and the delta between it an S has gotten tiny.
Agreed. Base car is great
      08-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #545
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I've specced out a based at just around 110k in an interesting color (python) and the necessary options...not a bad deal. If only they'd offer a stick. Curious to see if they bring back the 911T...that would be what I go for.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #546
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I've specced out a based at just around 110k in an interesting color (python) and the necessary options...not a bad deal. If only they'd offer a stick. Curious to see if they bring back the 911T...that would be what I go for.
Realize you lose the back seat, but the cayman GTS with the 4.0 flat six is also pretty appealing and comes well equipped with performance options bundled.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #547
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Realize you lose the back seat, but the cayman GTS with the 4.0 flat six is also pretty appealing and comes well equipped with performance options bundled.
Yes, looked at those too...specced one to 96.6k for normal interior and then a little more for the Christmas combo...python over Bordeaux red leather! I think if I'm spending $100k, I want the 911.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #548
ECAM3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Python is cool color. 911T is really a great car. Porsche is good at stringing us along. Hoping for 2021 summer ED but depends on launch.
      09-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #549
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

So here's one I've been thinking about...

"Exception: transit

The obligation to self-isolate at home does not apply in the case of transit through Germany. In this case, however, you are obliged to leave Germany immediately."

It almost seems to imply that transit is not limited to Non-Schengen zone of the airport. As in, oh, I am here to pick up my car and drive to a country where I am allowed, i.e., Croatia. That wasn't my plan for this trip...but if it would work, I'd go for it.

Taken from: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #550
Buchloe_Burkard
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Q7, 2020 M2C

Quote:

Day 26 sitting at the port (Bremerhaven). Asked the dealer, they have no clue what is going on. Raven just responded, says she's been bugging AG for further information but all she got is that there is a massive delay in scheduling due to COVID-19 and that all car shipments from Germany to US are affected. No indication on when it may actually ship out.
Appreciate 0