BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Richland Forged

06-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #45
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

7 Weeks later I FINALLY HAVE THEM. Got the wheels today, got the tires today, got them installed today, but unfortunately, nothing but rain today (and the rest of the week for that matter).

My M2 is a 2017, stock suspension no camber plates (I have no plans in lowering it)
I got the Matte Black "Project Nürburg" (RF-GT4) [a.k.a 763M M4 CS style]

Fronts: 19x9.5 ET26 21.6lbs (with 255/35/19 tires)
Rears: 19x10.5 ET35 23.2lbs (with 275/35/19 tires)

Wheels feel excellent, seems strong, and light. They balanced out okay, each fronts required 8 --1/4oz weights and each rears required 7 --1/4oz weights.

I was set on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but after reading enough, I took a gamble with the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport since they were nearly $300 less plus $70 promotion (Michelin currently does not have any promotions\sales). First impression is how much nicer the steering feels with the new tires and very comfortable ride (my feedback on grip is pending, but I’d imagine it’s great).

The fronts are 9.1” wide and weigh 24lbs (8mm wider than the same sized MPS4S)
The rears are 9.6” wide and weigh in at 27lbs (5mm narrower than the same sized MPS4S)

Weight wise they are the same as MPS4S at the same size. I have yet to see MPS4S in person but the conti’s sidewall appear to be rounder than the MPS4S (at least comparing it in pictures).

Since it has been raining, I could only push it so far for now. The rears are definitely aggressive and stick out maybe 2-3mm (not too bad in my personal opinion). The fronts are perfectly flushed, but at full opposite lock with the Conti’s, it is so close to the inner front fender that I can maybe put a single sheet of paper.

Does it rub?
So far I have only tested with 2 person inside (it is very rare that I have more than 2 people in the car). Purposely going over some large speed bumps, a nice bumpy road, and going up a steep driveway, I am pleased to say I do not hear nor feel rubbing in the front nor rear, but boy is it close. I personally see no way you can lower this car any amount and not rub unless you go with OE 245/265 or perhaps lower profile tires. I could be wrong, but there is just enough rubber sticking out which is too close to say for sure on a 275/35 rear. if it'll rub or not if lowered.

For daily driving I can say this set up works on OG M2
For aggressive driving on really curvy mountain roads (TBD – will report later this summer)
For track--- well I guess I’ll just have to find out later in the year assuming the track ever opens (stupid Covid19)

In the meantime here are some pictures (mind the dirty wheels)

Last edited by StarMan; 06-18-2020 at 06:38 AM..
Appreciate 8
OzWoz75.00
HazChem262.00
G80BSM282.50
Fabb228.50
zjldmd12.00
      06-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #46
OzWoz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 6MT

Thanks for the update Starv', I was just checking this thread to see if you or Bonnie had received the wheels!. They look great.

Good info on sizing and lowering. In your opinion, would the Michelin's (on the front) be a better option on a minimally lowered car. I'm running 15mm lower and 5mm spacers on stock Contis, but can adjust. The rears sound more problematic if the Michelin's are wider.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 08:36 PM   #47
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzWoz View Post
Thanks for the update Starv', I was just checking this thread to see if you or Bonnie had received the wheels!. They look great.

Good info on sizing and lowering. In your opinion, would the Michelin's (on the front) be a better option on a minimally lowered car. I'm running 15mm lower and 5mm spacers on stock Contis, but can adjust. The rears sound more problematic if the Michelin's are wider.
You know, the more I see the MPS4S pictures, the more i'm convinced that's a better option. While measuring Thread to Thread might be ever so slightly narrower on the Conti's 275/35s (according to Tire-Rack), the Conti's has a pronounced rounded side wall, where as the Michelin appears to be more of a straight slant. [Again, i'm just going by pictures]

Regardless, when I had my car up on a steep curve with the front fully turned, it actually moves the wheel up and had a tad bit more clearance [still close], so I can say with the ET26 version of the wheel you'll be fine with either Conti's or Michelin 255/35 up front.

But the rears on any lowered car, i just don't see how you can NOT rub with 275\35 and a 10.5 ET35 wheel on fully compressed suspension. There is JUST enough rubber sticking out which I would think could hit the fender. I just don't know, but it's pretty darn close. (This guy has MPS4S with same spec wheel and tires; claims he doesn't rub-- but who knows how he actually drives it https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=468 )

The safest bet with 10.5" ET35 rear is 265\35 [stretched] or hopefully Richland Forged can produce an ET40-ET44 wheel (i believe they may be able to do custom ET for extra $$, but not too sure, i'd reach out to them).

Last edited by StarMan; 06-16-2020 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #48
OzWoz
Private
Australia
Rep

That's a clear opinion and explanation. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvmarv View Post
You know, the more I see the MPS4S pictures, the more i'm convinced that's a better option. While measuring Thread to Thread might be ever so slightly narrower on the Conti's 275/35s (according to Tire-Rack), the Conti's has a pronounced rounded side wall, where as the Michelin appears to be more of a straight slant. [Again, i'm just going by pictures]

Regardless, when I had my car up on a steep curve with the front fully turned, it actually moves the wheel up and had a tad bit more clearance [still close], so I can say with the ET26 version of the wheel you'll be fine with either Conti's or Michelin 255/35 up front.

But the rears on any lowered car, i just don't see how you can NOT rub with 275\35 and a 10.5 ET35 wheel on fully compressed suspension. There is JUST enough rubber sticking out which I would think could hit the fender. I just don't know, but it's pretty darn close. (This guy has MPS4S with same spec wheel and tires; claims he doesn't rub-- but who knows how he actually drives it https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=468 )

The safest bet with 10.5" ET35 rear is 265\35 [stretched] or hopefully Richland Forged can produce an ET40-ET44 wheel (i believe they may be able to do custom ET for extra $$, but not too sure, i'd reach out to them).
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #49
Bewstd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, RAM 2500

Quote:
7 Weeks later I FINALLY HAVE THEM. Got the wheels today, got the tires today, got them installed today, but unfortunately, nothing but rain today (and the rest of the week for that matter).

My M2 is a 2017, stock suspension no camber plates (I have no plans in lowering it)
I got the Matte Black "Project Nürburg" (RF-GT4) [a.k.a 763M M4 CS style]

Fronts: 19x9.5 ET26 21.6lbs (with 255/35/19 tires)
Rears: 19x10.5 ET35 23.2lbs (with 275/35/19 tires)

Wheels feel excellent, seems strong, and light. They balanced out okay, each fronts required 8 --1/4oz weights and each rears required 7 --1/4oz weights.

I was set on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but after reading enough, I took a gamble with the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport since they were nearly $300 less plus $70 promotion (Michelin currently does not have any promotions\sales). First impression is how much nicer the steering feels with the new tires and very comfortable ride (my feedback on grip is pending, but I’d imagine it’s great).

The fronts are 9.1” wide and weigh 24lbs (8mm wider than the same sized MPS4S)
The rears are 9.6” wide and weigh in at 27lbs (5mm narrower than the same sized MPS4S)

Weight wise they are the same as MPS4S at the same size. I have yet to see MPS4S in person but the conti’s sidewall appear to be rounder than the MPS4S (at least comparing it in pictures).

Since it has been raining, I could only push it so far for now. The rears are definitely aggressive and stick out maybe 2-3mm (not too bad in my personal opinion). The fronts are perfectly flushed, but at full opposite lock with the Conti’s, it is so close to the inner front fender that I can maybe put a single sheet of paper.

Does it rub?
So far I have only tested with 2 person inside (it is very rare that I have more than 2 people in the car). Purposely going over some large speed bumps, a nice bumpy road, and going up a steep driveway, I am pleased to say I do not hear nor feel rubbing in the front nor rear, but boy is it close. I personally see no way you can lower this car any amount and not rub unless you go with OE 245/265 or perhaps lower profile tires. I could be wrong, but there is just enough rubber sticking out which is too close to say for sure on a 275/35 rear tire.

For daily driving I can say this set up works on OG M2
For aggressive driving on really curvy mountain roads (TBD – will report later this summer)
For track--- well I guess I’ll just have to find out later in the year assuming the track ever opens (stupid Covid19)

In the meantime here are some pictures (mind the dirty wheels)

damn that looks GREAT!

some two wheeled fun and a tow rig
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 04:07 PM   #50
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Great looking wheels thanks for posting, that rear offset is definitely very aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #51
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: JLU Wrangler

My set should be here tomorrow and my plan is to use my stock tires and test the setup. My car is a 2020 M2C on stock suspension. I should be able to report back here with some pics in the next week or two. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my cars, if I don't like the look I will have them up here for sale right away.
Appreciate 2
HazChem262.00
JustinHEMI7442.00
      06-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #52
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bonnie View Post
My set should be here tomorrow and my plan is to use my stock tires and test the setup. My car is a 2020 M2C on stock suspension. I should be able to report back here with some pics in the next week or two. I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my cars, if I don't like the look I will have them up here for sale right away.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #53
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dry fitted my RF wheels today without tires on my M2C, standard suspension and y plan is to stick with stock tire sizes. Picture of rear and front at full compression. The rear do poke out about 10mm or so and sit slightly proud of flush. The stock rear setup is definitely just inside flush. Picture of front show they sit just about flush and not too far off of the stock fitment, or at least nothing I can easily notice. The other side of the car was left stock so it was easy to compare. The wheel guy says there should be no issue at all with rubbing, plenty of clearance all the way around both front and back. I'm not into the 'pushed-out' look, so this is better than I thought it would be. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
AUSf222689.50
JTO245274.50
OzWoz75.00
      06-30-2020, 08:26 PM   #54
JackieChiles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR M3 6MT

Hard to tell without the tires on, but it’s borderline in the rear for me.

Love the color choice though, wheels and finish looks awesome.

What finish is that? Brushed silver?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 10:26 PM   #55
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I think you need to just fit the tires and check it then. I think you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 12:25 AM   #56
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Dry fitted my RF wheels today without tires on my M2C, standard suspension and y plan is to stick with stock tire sizes. Picture of rear and front at full compression. The rear do poke out about 10mm or so and sit slightly proud of flush. The stock rear setup is definitely just inside flush. Picture of front show they sit just about flush and not too far off of the stock fitment, or at least nothing I can easily notice. The other side of the car was left stock so it was easy to compare. The wheel guy says there should be no issue at all with rubbing, plenty of clearance all the way around both front and back. I'm not into the 'pushed-out' look, so this is better than I thought it would be. What do you guys think?
Yep I think it looks absolutely perfect! Which fitment/size/offset did you end up going with?

Keen to see the car with tyres on, some nice PS4S will be great for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 04:38 AM   #57
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That finish color with your car color looks fantastic 08bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Yep I think it looks absolutely perfect! Which fitment/size/offset did you end up going with?

Keen to see the car with tyres on, some nice PS4S will be great for daily driving.
His rears are the same as mine 19x10.5 ET35
But his fronts (19x9.5) are ET23 in order to clear the M2C 6-Piston Brakes
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:26 AM   #58
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
Hard to tell without the tires on, but it’s borderline in the rear for me.

Love the color choice though, wheels and finish looks awesome.

What finish is that? Brushed silver?
Thank you. Yes, brushed clear. I mocked-up the brushed dark and think that would have also looked great on the HS finish but I like bright weels
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 08:29 AM   #59
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That finish color with your car color looks fantastic 08bonnie

His rears are the same as mine 19x10.5 ET35
But his fronts (19x9.5) are ET23 in order to clear the M2C 6-Piston Brakes
That is exactly right.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #60
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I wish like hell they offered +42 for the rear, so much better tire fitment.
Appreciate 1
JTO245274.50
      07-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #61
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I wish like hell they offered +42 for the rear, so much better tire fitment.
We looked at the internal surface of the hub and there is plenty of meat there to machine another 5 or 6 mm. I think this would then give you ET 40 or 41 without any issue and the wheel would probably end up being flush or just inside. We checked clearance to the strut and wheel well liner and looks like plenty of space even with the wheel moved in the extra 5 or 6 mm. I'm going to run the current setup and might machine the rears if I don't like the look. This would also give you the advantage of running wider width tires, I think.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #62
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
We looked at the internal surface of the hub and there is plenty of meat there to machine another 5 or 6 mm. I think this would then give you ET 40 or 41 without any issue and the wheel would probably end up being flush or just inside. We checked clearance to the strut and wheel well liner and looks like plenty of space even with the wheel moved in the extra 5 or 6 mm. I'm going to run the current setup and might machine the rears if I don't like the look. This would also give you the advantage of running wider width tires, I think.
I asked Lyle about that, and his response is below.

"If one were to "machine" off a mil or two (which a machine shop definitely could perform, you're getting into the thickness of aluminum between wheel lug/thread and mounting surface a bit, which you certainly don't want to take too far. From memory there is 7mm of material between lug bottom and mounting surface."
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #63
OzWoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Looks promising. Can't wait for some pictures with the tires all mounted up.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #64
Mdkcrf250r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

That looks terrible. Fitment is awful. I’ll buy them off you for next to nothing.
Lol. Jk. Looks insanely good on hs and I know I’ll be going with brushed clear as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 02:31 PM   #65
08bonnie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mounted today and they look great. Went with the stock size rubber and my car is on stock suspension. Definitely no rubbing at all that I could tell. The rear poke out just a little but nothing crazy. The front look very similar to stock fitment, IMO. Also wanted to give Josh at Dealer Alternative Services in Tampa a shout out. He was professional and very easy to deal with. He took all but the last picture.
Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
HazChem262.00
JustinHEMI7442.00
mcvaughan704.00
G80BSM282.50
      07-09-2020, 06:25 PM   #66
G80BSM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Mounted today and they look great. Went with the stock size rubber and my car is on stock suspension. Definitely no rubbing at all that I could tell. The rear poke out just a little but nothing crazy. The front look very similar to stock fitment, IMO. Also wanted to give Josh at Dealer Alternative Services in Tampa a shout out. He was professional and very easy to deal with. He took all but the last picture.
Cheers!
They look great OP. I was thinking about ordering these but after looking at your pictures I'm fairly certain that the tire sizes I'm running would have caused rubbing issues (275/30 and 295/30 - 19). So, thank you for the pictures and for saving me the $$ .

Last edited by G80BSM; 07-12-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0