BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C - Share your Journey

10-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #1937
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD851 View Post
I just called BMW and found out my car is indeed on the Volan's Leader. Left on 10/16 with estimated 27 day transit.
What number do you call to get that info? The automated status line?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #1938
RJD851
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 M3, X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
1.844.4GENIUS (443-6487) and chose to speak with a live person.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 06:46 PM   #1939
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
How do you use it for cleaning the inner barrel , this fine for outer barrel and the spokes
Ah. Forgot you probably have silver brakes. I have blue ones.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #1940
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Your dealer and BMW Genius accesses the information from the same database and you can ask your dealer to send you a screenshot

BTW My BMW online tracker is very accurate
      10-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #1941
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

@Poochie coded the adaptive lighting into my M2C. At first I didn't know if it actually worked! But I'm sure it did as the high-beams are on even with oncoming traffic and I do see some flickering of the various side lamps. At the very least, no one has flashed their lights at me in disgust!

But seriously, I got use to the high beam quickly. Had to turn off adaptive lighting / high-beam to see the disparity of the past.

My question now is can this be coded to the G05 X5? I assume it can and with the same steps because it also has adaptive lighting?

///AVM I know you like to say your "mod" days are over (I will believe it when I see it). But you have to do this. Driving in the dark is awesome!
Poochie9104.50
      10-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #1942
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@Poochie coded the adaptive lighting into my M2C. At first I didn't know if it actually worked! But I'm sure it did as the high-beams are on even with oncoming traffic and I do see some flickering of the various side lamps. At the very least, no one has flashed their lights at me in disgust!

But seriously, I got use to the high beam quickly. Had to turn off adaptive lighting / high-beam to see the disparity of the past.

My question now is can this be coded to the G05 X5? I assume it can and with the same steps because it also has adaptive lighting?

///AVM I know you like to say your "mod" days are over (I will believe it when I see it). But you have to do this. Driving in the dark is awesome!
Glad it worked, told thought you would like. The first night I coded it, I went on a road trip from NY to CT, just to watch the lights dance around.. 😁

They are two versions of operation in what you coded, one, where on low beam, the headlights operate like this:

Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12 horizontal from center and 0.7 lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8 horizontal from center and lowered 0.7 vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5 outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25 vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2 vertical)

VLD is Variable Light Distribution - It only works on your low beams to move your headlights and position the beams on the road depending on steering angle and vehicle speed.

And the other is Auto High Beam Anti-Glare, Anti-Dazzle - European spec high beams that enable your car to keep the high beams on without blinding other cars.

It's two different operations; pay attention, you'll see it in motion.

As far as the G05 X5, its possible it might have the proper hardware to code this feature but I can't confirm this with certainty. And also, the coding would certainly be different. The parameters I shared only has been confirm to work for the F22/87.

Last edited by Poochie; 10-20-2020 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
JCZ51482.50
      10-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #1943
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Glad it worked, told thought you would like. The first night I coded it, I went on a road trip from NY to CT, just to watch the lights dance around.. 😁

They are two versions of operation in what you coded, one, where on low beam, the headlights operate like this:

Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12 horizontal from center and 0.7 lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8 horizontal from center and lowered 0.7 vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5 outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25 vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2 vertical)

VLD is Variable Light Distribution - It only works on your low beams to move your headlights and position the beams on the road depending on steering angle and vehicle speed.

And the other is Auto High Beam Anti-Glare, Anti-Dazzle - European spec high beams that enable your car to keep the high beams on without blinding other cars.

As far as the G05 X5, it possible it might have the proper hardware to code this feature but I can't confirm this with certainty. And also, the coding would certainly be different. The parameters I shared only has been confirm to work for the F22/87.
Now I'm excited to get this coded.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #1944
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:

Quote:

As far as the G05 X5, it possible it might have the proper hardware to code this feature but I can't confirm this with certainty. And also, the coding would certainly be different. The parameters I shared only has been confirm to work for the F22/87.
Now I'm excited to get this coded.
It is now my favorite coded feature. Because it really is something new and substantial. Folding in mirrors is great, but It does not hold a candle to this! Also, this was easier to code than any of my other features on bimmercode. The others took awhile, this was so rapid! Now I just want to get full screen CarPlay...might have to reach out to that guy on this forum to make that happen
      10-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #1945
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
It is now my favorite coded feature. Because it really is something new and substantial. Folding in mirrors is great, but It does not hold a candle to this! Also, this was easier to code than any of my other features on bimmercode. The others took awhile, this was so rapid! Now I just want to get full screen CarPlay...might have to reach out to that guy on this forum to make that happen
Nice. Yea, I am close to EAS here in SoCal and I'd just go there and pay them $100 to code as many items as I like in one session. Now I am wondering if the M2C can benefit from M3/4 CS/GTS eDiff/MDM coding.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      10-19-2020, 10:48 PM   #1946
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I just went to code my M2C as per the directions given above, but the menus mentioned were different. I'm not sure if that's because I have a 2021 with adaptive LED?

I did it anyway. Posting some photos to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Car fired up and it seems fine, but I need a confirmation from the experts here.

For C_HBA_GRHB_ENA, I could only select both of the checkboxes together or the highway one. Is this right?

For C_HBA_ENA, I could only select both enable or both disable.

For C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA, I could only select both disable or enable.

When I say "both", I mean both are automatically selected, regardless of which one I select.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #1947
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Jesus, now I'm getting high beam malfunction messages. Crap!

Where did I mess up?

Thoughts Poochie ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #1948
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

High beam warnings are gone now after cycling the car on/off.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      10-19-2020, 11:38 PM   #1949
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Whew, I thought I would had an angry customer there for a second..

The coding is correct, take your car for a ride and test out the operation..
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      10-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #1950
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Will do.

Strange that these warnings appeared and then disappeared on their own. Ever see that happen?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:45 PM   #1951
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Will do.

Strange that these warnings appeared and then disappeared on their own. Ever see that happen?
Yes, errors sometimes appear after coding, Bimmercode usually clears them after a session but they can linger.

As long as they are not permanent, you have nothing to worry about..

Just clear them a second time and restart the vehicle.

Also, when you are coding, put on your seatbelt; this prevents the vehicle from going into "Sleep Mode"..
Appreciate 2
j23654.50
///AVM2529.50
      10-20-2020, 01:06 AM   #1952
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Now that you're activated the Glare Free High Beam portion of the lighting.

You can now enable Variable Light Distribution, whereas on low beam operation, depending on your speed, the light beam pans out further or retreats, as illustrated in the first photo.

BMW explanation of this feature:

[COLOR="Blue"]The motorway light distribution increases the range of the driving light under certain conditions.

The footwell module (FRM) or front electronics module (FEM) switches the headlights to motorway light distrubution mode under following conditions:

Driving speed exceeds 68 miles per hour for longer than 30 seconds

Driving speed exceeds 87 miles per hour
The headlights are lowered once the driving speed falls below 68 miles per hour.

The headlights are lowered (reducing the headlight beam throw) in gradual stages as the speed drops below 68 mph.

Miles per hour:
68 miles per hour
62 miles per hour
55 miles per hour
50 miles per hour

From 80 kilometres per hour, the headlights are fully reset to country road light distribution.

There are different light distributions for city, county road, freeway and full high-beam headlight.

An asymmetrical shorter headlight beam through was realised in the light distribution for city. A greater headlight beam throw is not necessary due to the street lighting.

In the light distribution for county road the light distribution targets good illumination of the road sides and high range. For this purpose, the light/dark boundary will be raised in the outer area.

This illuminates traffic signs and obstacles clearly sooner and better. A limitation of the headlight beam throw in the center serves to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

The light distribution for freeway approximately correspond with the light distribution for county road; however, the limitation in the centre does not apply.

Combined light distributions are also available for the last mentioned light distributions. During the transition from light distribution for county road to light distribution for freeway, the characteristic properties of the correspondent light distributions vary.

In addition, a speed-dependent raise of the light/dark boundary occurs for the light distribution for freeway to increase the range.

Both headlights can be moved vertically and also horizontally by a few degrees. The light cones thereby receive a new targeted alignment.[/COLOR]

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > [COLOR="DarkRed"]LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y [/COLOR]> 9C,9C,9C (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > [COLOR="DarkRed"]C_AFS_ENA[/COLOR] > Enable (Both)

Enjoy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
///AVM2529.50
JCZ51482.50
j23654.50
      10-20-2020, 07:05 AM   #1953
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
I am so glad these functions are standard on my AU spec adaptive
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      10-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #1954
JCZ5
Major
Rep

@j23 don't worry, I have MY21 with adaptive and these are the correct functions. Every time you code something, it does throw malfunctions or errors, which will be cleared, per Bimmercode instructions.

Poochie you're giving me homework every night! Where was this the last time?! JK! Also love the screenshots you provide on bimmercode, super helpful and ensures I am actually selecting the correct actions.
///AVM2529.50
      10-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #1955
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:

As far as the G05 X5, its possible it might have the proper hardware to code this feature but I can't confirm this with certainty. And also, the coding would certainly be different. The parameters I shared only has been confirm to work for the F22/87.
Poochie,
I, too, would like to try out the VLD, but am kinda hesitant because the passenger side light’s beam is already quite high IMO.
When I pass cars on the 1st lane, I can see my passenger side light shining high enough to brighten exit signs and what not.
I feel like the mode 4 you described above (raising it 0.2 degrees) will make it worse.
What are your thoughts?
Should I manually lower mine, or is it working as designed and I’m just being paranoid?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 01:54 PM   #1956
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:

Poochie,
I, too, would like to try out the VLD, but am kinda hesitant because the passenger side light's beam is already quite high IMO.
When I pass cars on the 1st lane, I can see my passenger side light shining high enough to brighten exit signs and what not.
I feel like the mode 4 you described above (raising it 0.2 degrees) will make it worse.
What are your thoughts?
Should I manually lower mine, or is it working as designed and I'm just being paranoid?
Well, I certainly don't want you to glare anyone and one positive thing about the stringent US automotive lighting laws is that all headlights must have a manual beam adjustment, so you can tune the beam to avoid dazzling anyone.

So, if you feel the projection is too high, maybe have a shop or a dealer that specializes in headlight alignment check it out.

You can try the VLD then revert back the coding, if you feel it's glaring anyone.

I personally had it active for years and I'm very contentious to other drivers, yet, I've never notice it dazzling anyone else.

VLD is speed-dependent, so the headlight beam only rises as you traveling at higher speeds. By then, the velocity of the vehicle is moving that quickly, it doesn't have a chance to a nuisance to anyone, In my opinion but keep in mind, normally, the driver side light is always appear lower than the passenger side.

https://www.hella.com/techworld/us/T...djustment-835/

This is example of what the manual beam adjustment looks like:

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      10-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #1957
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
I am so glad these functions are standard on my AU spec adaptive
Good for you, I guess Uncle Sam over here doesn't want our headlight beams doing the Macarena, on their public highways but that's nothing $30 and a Bimmercode APP can't fix.. 😎
Appreciate 1
AUSf222689.50
      10-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #1958
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Poochie - coded the next set of lighting functions. Interesting enough "LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y" was already active for both. Just did it for "C_AFS_ENA". We shall see if I notice a difference tonight!

I like how BMW states one feature will only be activated 87 miles per hour. Wont be going that quickly on backroads at night, that's for sure.