BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C - Share your Journey

08-27-2020, 12:18 AM   #1541
blkonblk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Oh man, the M2C is certainly a beast! As soon as I picked up my car, I have been on the road driving. I freaking love this thing! ....
Congrats, nice diffuser, now get that big grin off your face!
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      08-27-2020, 01:07 AM   #1542
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Oh man, the M2C is certainly a beast! As soon as I picked up my car, I have been on the road driving. I freaking love this thing!

One interesting thing happened when I was on the road. A bird fly right across my path last minute and I completely destroyed the thing. Saw it absolutely explode! My heart immediately sank and thought I would have a large dent. Luckily, not a scratch, wow that was a terrifying moment. RIP bird

Also anyone notice a roll containing your front hitch and a screwdriver underneath the trunk floor? At first I thought it was a toolkit (like years past).
Congrats just to note that bag was also present in my OG M2. You should also find your wheel locking nut in it.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      08-27-2020, 05:44 AM   #1543
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
Seeing JC get his machine has got me bitting my nails. I learned that my ship makes two stops in the port of NY/NJ the last is at BMW's facility. On a lark I checked the tracker and it shows "In transit" is that to my dealer?

EDIT: I should mention the ship arrived at port at 7:00 AM this morning and was at BMWs dock by midday
Soon my friend!

Keep in mind from experience, the tracker is actually delayed. I would call BMW Genius to get an accurate report. When my car landed at the port of Charleston, it went to transit during that short time it was transferred to VPC. So essentially, it said at port, transit and then back at port (aka VPC).
Thanks for the info.

So how are you going to deal with the next 1200 miles? Switch to decaf coffee? Listen to piano melodies? Read the "World of Birds" over and over?

These tips are designed to keep your heart rate low, a semi catatonic state as it were, which will allow you to better tolerate the 1,200 miles before you can use the beast as she was intended!

Congrats again, stay safe and have fun!
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
Red229627.00
      08-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #1544
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
The experience of high anticipation and constant daydreaming of your car upon its arrival? Yeah, the last couple of months have been rough!

10 more hours until I get to pick up my car, boys! If it wasn't for some important deadlines, I would have taken the entire day off to go and pickup my car. Is that crazy?!

I am sooooo pumped for you! Yes I daydreamer about the car until I picked her up, and well, I still wish I wasn't in the office and could go for a drive
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      08-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #1545
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Seeing JC get his machine has got me bitting my nails. I learned that my ship makes two stops in the port of NY/NJ the last is at BMW's facility. On a lark I checked the tracker and it shows "In transit" is that to my dealer?

EDIT: I should mention the ship arrived at port at 7:00 AM this morning and was at BMWs dock by midday
Soon my friend!

Keep in mind from experience, the tracker is actually delayed. I would call BMW Genius to get an accurate report. When my car landed at the port of Charleston, it went to transit during that short time it was transferred to VPC. So essentially, it said at port, transit and then back at port (aka VPC).
JC - took your advice and called BMW Genius, She is out of VCP and been assigned a carrier. She is expected to leave on the 30th and arrive at my dealer on 9.2. Let's see what happens...

How was Day 2 of ownership?
Appreciate 1
Red229627.00
      08-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #1546
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Soon my friend!

JC - took your advice and called BMW Genius, She is out of VCP and been assigned a carrier. She is expected to leave on the 30th and arrive at my dealer on 9.2. Let's see what happens...

Hopefully, September will bring some sort of incentive on 2021 model.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #1547
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Soon my friend!

Have not even gone out yet. Pretty busy with work so been in the house all day. So to answer your question, 2nd day ownership has been pretty lackluster so far 😅.

Hoping to stretch its legs tomorrow and I have a 5 hour drive on Saturday, so looking forward to that!
      08-27-2020, 07:12 PM   #1548
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:

If the dealer is worth a fart, they will take a day to prep her... I’m sorry you have to wait... I’m so anxious for you!

Also, it is bloody hell trying to keep the engine under 4500 RPMs. I’m driving every day and unfortunately it’s going to be a month at least before I get to 1200 miles.

Last thing and then I will get off my soap box. Get this:
https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...06-mini-cooper

Made me love the drive even more!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #1549
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papibigred View Post
Quote:

If the dealer is worth a fart, they will take a day to prep her... I’m sorry you have to wait... I’m so anxious for you!

Also, it is bloody hell trying to keep the engine under 4500 RPMs. I’m driving every day and unfortunately it’s going to be a month at least before I get to 1200 miles.

Last thing and then I will get off my soap box. Get this:
https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-short-throw-clutch-stop-2006-mini-cooper

Made me love the drive even more!
Thank you for the tip. Have you considered the "Ultimate Clutch pedal" guys have tried that, as well as clutch stops. I have been studying the Auto Solutions short shifter kit and I have made up mid mind to take the plunge on that mod.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24775841

A ton of other members of this forum have installed it to rave reviews. It seems to address a less then perfect part of our cars...Shifter feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 12:48 AM   #1550
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

What was the miles on your ordered cars when you picked up , my rule is it should not be more than 10 miles on a custom ordered car
      08-28-2020, 01:41 AM   #1551
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:

Also anyone notice a roll containing your front hitch and a screwdriver underneath the trunk floor? At first I thought it was a toolkit (like years past).

Congratulations, finally.. 🙌

That's a tow hitch/hook, it screws unto an opening of the front or rear bumper, to be able to tether the vehicle to the truck, while in motion.

They also includes a typical double-sided screwdriver (the metal shaft can be removed from the handle), for your connivence.

The tow eye hook typically attaches here:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      08-28-2020, 05:45 AM   #1552
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
What was the miles on your ordered cars when you picked up , my rule is it should not be more than 10 miles on a custom ordered car
I sent the obligatory email: No drilling the front bumper for a plate mount. No driving unless absolutely necessary. No dealer badges, stickers etc... This is the 3rd BMW I bought from this dealer, so I expect things will be fine. I will report back on mileage
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 07:12 AM   #1553
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
I sent the obligatory email: No drilling the front bumper for a plate mount. No driving unless absolutely necessary. No dealer badges, stickers etc... This is the 3rd BMW I bought from this dealer, so I expect things will be fine. I will report back on mileage
Quote:
Mine had 16 miles at delivery, but I am fine with that.

And I also had explicit instructions to the dealer, but I also wrote hand wash only. My CA also made sure it was parked indoors only. In fact, my car will be parked outdoors when I get back, so in a sense, the CA was even more particular than me! Great news in my book
      08-28-2020, 07:45 AM   #1554
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
All my BMWs came with exactly 6 miles on the odo. Only one not ordered was the M2, but it literally rolled off the truck and into my arms, and it too had 6. I'll take 6 as the magic number for an undriven car (for joy rides/test drives, that is)
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #1555
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
My dealer policy is not to install front plates on any M car, even though it is the law. They only do it upon delivery once approved by the customer
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #1556
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
All my BMWs came with exactly 6 miles on the odo. Only one not ordered was the M2, but it literally rolled off the truck and into my arms, and it too had 6. I'll take 6 as the magic number for an undriven car (for joy rides/test drives, that is)
Are those 6 miles driving from the port to ship to VDC, PDI etc, do they reset the speedometer ?
      08-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #1557
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
I walked away from an Acura vehicle delivery after noticing the dealer had drilled holes for front license plate mount in direct conflict with our written communication. Salesman was not happy he lost the sale, but he understood.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #1558
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Are those 6 miles driving from the port to ship to VDC, PDI etc, do they reset the speedometer ?
I would assume the 6 are for the all things you list, since the vehicle has rolled out of the plant. The odo can not be reset by law. No one had a chance to drive my cars at all for any reason once they were delivered to the dealer, so I assume 6 miles is about right for the logistics stuff.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #1559
Red2296
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Mine had 10 when I picked it up Tuesday, the M4 had 11. Both sat at the port in Germany for roughly a month so maybe they juggled them around a little but who knows.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #1560
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
My dealer policy is not to install front plates on any M car, even though it is the law. They only do it upon delivery once approved by the customer
Mine too, but I'm far too neurotic about it to leave it up to policy!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #1561
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I walked away from an Acura vehicle delivery after noticing the dealer had drilled holes for front license plate mount in direct conflict with our written communication. Salesman was not happy he lost the sale, but he understood.
Thats another reason why I write the email, I wouldn't refuse my M2c, Ive waited too long, but I would demand a new bumper cover.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 03:28 PM   #1562
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thats another reason why I write the email, I wouldn't refuse my M2c, Ive waited too long, but I would demand a new bumper cover.
You can cover the holes with bumper plugs, demanding new bumper cover for this is overacting , its not that the bumper is damaged that they need to replace the bumper