Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerExcessive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I guess that's a no.. ����

It's so weird how this rumor got started and took on a life of its own.. ����
Logically, there also isn't any incentive for BMW to include this small feature for the '21s anyways- imagine the cascading operational changes that need to happen to build the car differently to include the feature when production is most likely already optimally streamlined. For what, just 1 model year and just 1 feature? When in contrast, they could just copy/paste the 2020 playbook and keep shipping cars and making $$$.
I honestly figured that but you know, sometimes they surprise you..

They added new features like Adaptive Cruise Control on the standard F22 but I've notice since the 2016 MY, specifically the M2 models, they stay stagnant, when it comes to new features, for every subsequent year, except with major changeovers like the LCI & M2C..
Agree, it would have been interesting to have BSM, but we should be happy the US Version doesn't have the extra wheel flare. :-)
I created a lemons/lemonade life-hack, to compensate for the thereof Blind Spot Monitoring.

I coded and removed the speed lockout, in my rear-view camera and PDC sensors, so, at will, I can have my rear view camera and PDC sensors active, anytime I need to, without the system cutting it, with left in the stock mapping.

The rear-view camera's fish-eye lens and PDC alerts are enough for me to have a good, real-time 150° view of my rear and sides, including any and all blindspots.

The only drawback of removing the speed lockout is the rear view camera feed never automatically, extinguishes (obviously), so I now have to manually power it off, each time, via the PDC button.

Which is not too much of a hassle, considering the added benefit of an enhanced rear view image and a poor man's BSM system 😎
Poochie

Having read your posts over time I am under impression your specialty is electronic matters . . . are you an electrician by trade or are electronics just an interest for which you've gained more insight than the average car?

///AVM
LoL, no sir, just have avid interest on the subject and I learned as I go alone.. When I'm passionate about something, I really dig my heels into it.. That's all ☺️

Back in the day, my professors in my contract law classes used to keep asking me; "Do you work for a bank or something" because I taught them a few new things about their lessons plan.. I had to dumb it down a little, so I didn't arose suspicion 🤨

Humbly and to keep it succinct, I'm just a run-of-the-mill nerd.. Even have four eyes to keep up with the stereotype 🤓
Appreciate 3
///AVM2529.50
ADDONE230.00
      08-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #1410
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
AVM - Well said. I dont think the exhaust sucks either, especially for someone my age (see other thread ) who doesn't need constant attention (only once in a while when I control it). ASD - I like it because it is subtle enough to me, and more importantly, its paired to the exhaust when it opens up in S and S+, and the whole package just sounds great to me. And while I hear you on the pull to red line (I believe its flat from 5500 to 7500), I am rarely above 5500. I usually shift around 5500, so no mods needed.

The 30 minute drives to nowhere got me through COVID. While most stayed home, as did I for the most part, I was sure to drive the beast daily for 30-60 minutes. It was pure therapy, as it is today every time I drive it.
Well said... I’m 24 hours away from picking mine up and I just want to experience the performance of the car as it was designated. I ordered it without ever driving it, but based on the forums’ reviews, and the overall smiles I have seen over and over, I just want to enjoy the commute. To the office, to the store, to NOWHERE. Anyway, I’m sure it’s obvious I cannot contain my personal excitement, but appreciate the summary on some of the more “finicky” points. Sorry in advance for the 5000 posts tomorrow when I get her...
Appreciate 4
      08-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #1411
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by papibigred View Post
Well said... I’m 24 hours away from picking mine up and I just want to experience the performance of the car as it was designated. I ordered it without ever driving it, but based on the forums’ reviews, and the overall smiles I have seen over and over, I just want to enjoy the commute. To the office, to the store, to NOWHERE. Anyway, I’m sure it’s obvious I cannot contain my personal excitement, but appreciate the summary on some of the more “finicky” points. Sorry in advance for the 5000 posts tomorrow when I get her...
Papi

First, congrats in advance . . .

Second, no need to apologize . . . this thread has become about sharing enthusiasm around taking new ownership.

Finally, not sure they are 'finicky points? Rather, relate to what I consider a lot of 'group think' present across all forums and the internet, in general (e.g., YT). People get caught up in what every one else thinks which - often, but not always - comes with some unwarranted pre-conceived notions. There are more than I listed, and you may or may not agree my views on those I listed. Perfectly fine, of course.

Looking forward to your reporting back after delivery.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 05:21 PM   #1412
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
We look forward to 5000 posts, because this car truly inspires that. I look forward to the chance of getting in the M2 every time. It truly is a special car. Start a thread with some pics once you get your car. Remember to break her in well, and not be afraid to push it within the break-in rules. This car wants to be driven, not babied, and there's nothing like breaking it in right.
Appreciate 3
///AVM2529.50
      08-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #1413
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Omg! I'm getting close too, boats still got about 4 weeks at sea before it reaches our shores.

I will be living through you guys whilst I wait, looks like I'll be the last to take delivery out of the original batch of owners discussing VINS and production dates 1-2 months ago
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #1414
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Omg! I'm getting close too, boats still got about 4 weeks at sea before it reaches our shores.

I will be living through you guys whilst I wait, looks like I'll be the last to take delivery out of the original batch of owners discussing VINS and production dates 1-2 months ago
AUS,

Well yours had the longest journey! I hear mine will reach NYC /NJ port on 8.24.20. Not sure how long it will take to get from port to my dealer? It's only 60 miles, but I'm sure there are hoops to jump through before its loaded on a truck.

I dont know how I have put up with the wait! It has been been painful!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #1415
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
AUS,

Well yours had the longest journey! I hear mine will reach NYC /NJ port on 8.24.20. Not sure how long it will take to get from port to my dealer? It's only 60 miles, but I'm sure there are hoops to jump through before its loaded on a truck.

We are getting close Mav! you're around the corner.

In AU, takes about 2-3 weeks to clear customs after the car docks then a few days for dealer delivery/registration. So chances are I'll have it late Sept, early Oct.

Tell me about it, Ordered the car in May and take Delivery in Oct...

5 months total wait for me
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #1416
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
AUS,

In AU, takes about 2-3 weeks to clear customs after the car docks then a few days for dealer delivery/registration. So chances are I'll have it late Sept, early Oct.

Aus

Trying to make light of it, you are grandfathered into the 2022 G87 M2C - Share Your Journey thread

It won't be long. . . Sounds like 4-6 weeks.

We will be here waiting for you. . . with plenty of enthusiasm.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
AUSf222689.50
      08-19-2020, 09:51 PM   #1417
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
AUS,

Yes, 5 months does suck, I do feel for you. Not sure if you remember my sad tale....Ordered in February, COVID hit, factory shut down, BMW cancelled my order. Got a new allocation and ordered a 21 in June. Hopefully she will arrive just before September!

I will be sure to post pics when she happens! It always helps me to live vicariously through others whose wait is finally over! As they say, this too shall pass and we will be driving our cars and the wait will be behind us.
Appreciate 2
AUSf222689.50
      08-20-2020, 08:10 AM   #1418
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
AUS,

Where is you dealer located? My experience was thus:
  • Car arrived to NJ port on 8/10
  • Car inventoried on 8/11
  • Car arrived at dealer in Connecticut around 8/17
  • Car prep was 1 day, Xpel and Tint another day
  • Pick up today 8/20
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #1419
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
AUS,

Where is you dealer located? My experience was thus:
  • Car arrived to NJ port on 8/10
  • Car inventoried on 8/11
  • Car arrived at dealer in Connecticut around 8/17
  • Car prep was 1 day, Xpel and Tint another day
  • Pick up today 8/20
You get it today? Send pics man! Dealer is in Darien
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #1420
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AUS,

Yes, 5 months does suck, I do feel for you. Not sure if you remember my sad tale....Ordered in February, COVID hit, factory shut down, BMW cancelled my order. Got a new allocation and ordered a 21 in June. Hopefully she will arrive just before September!

I will be sure to post pics when she happens! It always helps me to live vicariously through others whose wait is finally over! As they say, this too shall pass and we will be driving our cars and the wait will be behind us.
I'm in a similar situation to yours, ordered Feb, still waiting...

Only my car is on the same boat as AUSf22 and will be lucky if I see it in Sep at all.... pretty long wait for a car that was not a "pre production" order. Not blaming anyone though.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #1421
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
I'm in a similar situation to yours, ordered Feb, still waiting...

Only my car is on the same boat as AUSf22 and will be lucky if I see it in Sep at all.... pretty long wait for a car that was not a "pre production" order. Not blaming anyone though.
Aus and Super

I am only guessing, but I suspect it could be worse . . . I wonder how long it will take for your G87 M2C to get from MEXICO to Australia?

September does not seem that far away, given it is August 20th. Here before you know it!

We will be waiting!

Now, Papi posted his pics, but there were no pics and he deleted post. So, I assume he is working out the technical difficulties and we will treated to his new beast shortly.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #1422
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

So happy! Of all the stupid issues, the door keeps flying out of my hands when I open it.

IND reflector delete, Xpel front and rocker panel, tint

6MT and it took me about 20 miles to get the hang of the manual again!

The hard part is NOT to hit 4500rpm during break in...
Appreciate 4
///AVM2529.50
boss2k1090.00
      08-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #1423
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So happy! Of all the stupid issues, the door keeps flying out of my hands when I open it.

The hard part is NOT to hit 4500rpm during break in...
Sweet I am also HS and Bicolor!
Appreciate 1
Red229627.00
      08-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #1424
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Aus and Super

I am only guessing, but I suspect it could be worse . . . I wonder how long it will take for your G87 M2C to get from MEXICO to Australia?

September does not seem that far away, given it is August 20th. Here before you know it!

We will be waiting!

Now, Papi posted his pics, but there were no pics and he deleted post. So, I assume he is working out the technical difficulties and we will treated to his new beast shortly.

///AVM

Sorry! My career is in IT yet I completely fail in posting pictures in a forum! Problem solved!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #1425
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So happy! . . .

The hard part is NOT to hit 4500rpm during break in. . .
Papi

Congrats!

Looks awesome!

Are those the silver (so called bi-color) wheels?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #1426
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Papi

Congrats!

Looks awesome!

Are those the silver (so called bi-color) wheels?

///AVM

Yes Bi Color. Felt black would be too pronounced for me. Had a guys jaw hit the floor when I pulled up next to his GTI. Love fellowgearheads.

This weekend I will be painting the muffler, adding the sto n sho and putting in the rear reflector deletes. At which point the my wife had asked me to slow down my purchases (significantly).
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
      08-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #1427
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
. . . At which point the my wife had asked me to slow down my purchases (significantly).
Well, your beast doesn't need anything else (for now ).

Just you behind the wheel and good times to be had.

Enjoy!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:08 PM   #1428
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Papi

Are you SURE you want to paint that muffler?

I ask for a couple reasons.

(1) You did go with silver wheels and the muffler is a silver 'accent.'

(2) I was aware, albeit somewhat ambivalent to all the group think regarding the muffler prior to taking ownership. After taking ownership I have to admit I have not only come to accept the muffler, it is actually one of my favorite features.

By no means suggesting YOU should or will like it, but wondering if your views might change after some ownership time?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 10:03 PM   #1429
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
(2) I was aware, albeit somewhat ambivalent to all the group think regarding the muffler prior to taking ownership. After taking ownership I have to admit I have not only come to accept the muffler, it is actually one of my favorite features.
Oh my god. I finally agree with you on something.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #1430
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Oh my god. I finally agree with you on something.
I did it today. Painted the muffler along with a couple other tweaks. I just couldn’t not take the opportunity to do it while I had it on jacks. Other stuff was key hole delete, rear reflector delete (gloss honeycomb), ceramic coated wheels and calipers, and Sto N Sho front plate holder.
Appreciate 0