BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

12-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #595
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
Hard to tell for sure since the pictures are so small, but based on what I can see to buy everything new at full MSRP would be around

M2 C $58,900
Long Beach Blue $550
Executive Package $1200
DCT $2900
Destination $995

CF Front Splitter $1690
CF Side Winglets $951.00
CF Rear Spoiler $563.00
763M Wheelset $5870.00
Electronic Steering Wheel $1890.00
Pedal Covers $169.00
CF Rear Diffusor (maybe, but can't tell for sure) $1160.00
CF Mirror Caps (maybe, but could be a wrap) $988.00
IND and Acexxon Reflector Package $265.50
Roof appears to be a wrap $?
Red Brake Calipers (probably painted) $?
Aftermarket Floor Mats (Coco?) $?

Total $78091.50 + $?
VTBoss

It has been driving me nuts, so I actually called the Chrysler dealership.

The salesman is not a BMW SA, obviously, so he was not nearly as aware of all the 'goodies' discussed so frequently on this forum. In the end, he said he would have to call me back after he investigated and had accurate answers to all the questions.

Here is what I can tell you he told me, other than what is obvious to our eyes and largely pointed out by you above. Please forgive any inaccuracies in the information I have obtained to date; I can only go by what I was told with noted caveat. By the way, thank you for taking the time.

Non-smoker
Carbon fiber roof and mirrors covers
Aftermarket exhaust (uncertain if MPE?)
Aftermarket suspension (uncertain of manufacturer/parts)
Uncertain regarding any aftermarket tuning or engine/power train parts
Uncertain, but believed the brakes were M Performance upgrade (not painted calipers).

If/when I hear back from Chrysler salesman, I will update accordingly.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #596
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I'm sure they've been flooded with inquiries on the past few days. Someone needs to put down a deposit before the price starts going up.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #597
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

It's a gamble - it may have been molested within an inch of its life by a tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #598
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Who has a friendly service advisor that can check if the car still has warranty .
Appreciate 1
drgmt984.50
      12-07-2019, 02:27 AM   #599
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Parts bin? Oh, you mean like the 1M? Or the GT4? Or the iconic Lotus Espirit? Yeah, must be junk then.
Parts bin by no means the end result is bad, but it should be a decent value. Economy of scale and all.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #600
tranck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
At the dealer yesterday for an oil change - four M4 CS still on the lot - must be 6 months - all over 100K.

I asked one of the sales guys - just kinda threw up his hands and shook his head.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #601
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
At the dealer yesterday for an oil change - four M4 CS still on the lot - must be 6 months - all over 100K.

I asked one of the sales guys - just kinda threw up his hands and shook his head.
M4 CS runs until feb I believe. In the next 6 months they will probably get another M4 or two and then their M2 CS allocation(s) will come in. When the loaded M2 CS hits the floor with a markup , they will be able to sell off their M4 and will probably do so to customers looking for the M2 CS. With 20k off an M4 CS .... or simply far better lease rates, the M2 again will be used to step customers over to an M4.
Appreciate 3
dmboone254970.50
Tornado1M1201.50
smknjoe234.00
      12-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #602
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Parts bin? Oh, you mean like the 1M? Or the GT4? Or the iconic Lotus Espirit? Yeah, must be junk then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Parts bin by no means the end result is bad, but it should be a decent value. Economy of scale and all.
I think most of us (if not all of us) agree the M2 CS price should be somewhere in the mid-70s, high-70s at most. But the idea pushed by some that because a car draws from the parts bin that it's necessarily inferior or less valuable is hogwash. It's not like the M2 CS is just a parts bin Frankenstein, it presents a thoughtful evolution of the already successful M2.
Appreciate 6
devo755.00
Tornado1M1201.50
MinionM3492.00
smknjoe234.00
dmboone254970.50
      12-07-2019, 07:57 AM   #603
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
VTBoss

It has been driving me nuts, so I actually called the Chrysler dealership.

The salesman is not a BMW SA, obviously, so he was not nearly as aware of all the 'goodies' discussed so frequently on this forum. In the end, he said he would have to call me back after he investigated and had accurate answers to all the questions.

Here is what I can tell you he told me, other than what is obvious to our eyes and largely pointed out by you above. Please forgive any inaccuracies in the information I have obtained to date; I can only go by what I was told with noted caveat. By the way, thank you for taking the time.

Non-smoker
Carbon fiber roof and mirrors covers
Aftermarket exhaust (uncertain if MPE?)
Aftermarket suspension (uncertain of manufacturer/parts)
Uncertain regarding any aftermarket tuning or engine/power train parts
Uncertain, but believed the brakes were M Performance upgrade (not painted calipers).

If/when I hear back from Chrysler salesman, I will update accordingly.

///AVM
Appears to be a local one owner car with a clean Carfax

https://www.lasvegasdodge.com/detail...M2/J20037A/CAI

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/ccc_Displa...2U7C53K7D14518

Assuming everything checks out and there are no known issues, it could end up being a very good deal for someone if they like all the mods and the DCT
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 02:08 PM   #604
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
M4 CS runs until feb I believe. In the next 6 months they will probably get another M4 or two and then their M2 CS allocation(s) will come in. When the loaded M2 CS hits the floor with a markup , they will be able to sell off their M4 and will probably do so to customers looking for the M2 CS. With 20k off an M4 CS .... or simply far better lease rates, the M2 again will be used to step customers over to an M4.
Yep M4 CS ends production in February which makes sense since M2 CS begins a month later in March. Maybe they are trying to sell remaining M4 CS before announcing the M2 CS price.
Appreciate 1
RPM33598.00
      12-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #605
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I think most of us (if not all of us) agree the M2 CS price should be somewhere in the mid-70s, high-70s at most. But the idea pushed by some that because a car draws from the parts bin that it's necessarily inferior or less valuable is hogwash. It's not like the M2 CS is just a parts bin Frankenstein, it presents a thoughtful evolution of the already successful M2.
Kindred spirits:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's a recurrent point of criticism about the M2 CS: BMW smashing its own windows with the greedy M2 CS price positioning. If BMW would position the M2 CS base price at €75K-€80K (instead of €95K and more), it would be better received and generate more sales. Now BMW gets negative feedback. And 'limited edition' is just a marketing 101 trick for a money-grab that they forgot to apply with M4 CS and M3 CS sales.

The fact that BMW is still not disclosing the M2 CS price for the US, even at official presentation: as if BMW does not want to rain on its own parade.

During the closed room preview event of Sep 17, BMW announced a €91K base price (taxes included) for Belgium. On Nov 6 (less than 2 months later) base price was €96.5K (€5.5K extra). Frankly speaking, IMHO BMW greedily biting the hand that feeds it, does not reflect client care.
      12-08-2019, 06:27 PM   #606
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

It's certainly interesting to me that they wouldn't just reward the enthusiast with a great car by selling more of them for a little less. The 1M was and still is popular largely due to the volume of people that could then and still can afford it. You can't build a cult following without a cult. The M2 CS will just wind up being Wikipedia fodder that no one cares about because they've never seen one let alone driven one.
Appreciate 2
lax01792.50
MDuckie93.00
      12-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #607
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's certainly interesting to me that they wouldn't just reward the enthusiast with a great car by selling more of them for a little less. The 1M was and still is popular largely due to the volume of people that could then and still can afford it. You can't build a cult following without a cult. The M2 CS will just wind up being Wikipedia fodder that no one cares about because they've never seen one let alone driven one.
They are a for profit business first and foremost!

Then they are a hat for everyone else. Meaning they have a car for just about every taste. Small, big, slow, fast, low end, high end ect.

Lastly, they cater to the enthusiast.

Unfortunately, just the way of the world these days.

I guess we should just be happy they are still bothering with making cars like the M2cs
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #608
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Quote:

Then they are a hat for everyone else. Meaning they have a car for just about every taste. Small, big, slow, fast, low end, high end ect.

I guess we should just be happy they are still bothering with making cars like the M2cs
Porsche fans - " there is no substitute "

BMW fans- " we should just be happy with what we get "
Appreciate 1
dmboone254970.50
      12-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #609
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I think business has forgotten how to create loyalty. Their charts merely show how to offset a loyalty decline. Hopefully the new head honcho helps reestablish brand loyalty. Downside is that it's gonna be electric boogie woogie woogie woogie
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1201.50
      12-08-2019, 07:31 PM   #610
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:

Sure, if it was a reasonable price...otherwise, BMW can eat it - I'll go back to Porsche and buy a used car in a heartbeat
Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1201.50
      12-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #611
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. We should all Accept mediocrity.
I'm not saying we should settle for mediocrity.

I'm saying for a company like BMW to still bother with putting out these type of cars is a positive given the general direction of the automotive industry.

The reality is there are other brands that cater more to enthusiasts!......and maybe instead of bitching about what BMW did or didn't do, we should just look elsewhere if we are not satisfied with the offering.

As these cars like the M3gts M3/4cs and M2cs don't do well in the market.........well, eventually BMW will just throw in the towel and not even bother spending the development dollars to bring them to market in the future.

Maybe an eventuality if success is not found....and so far, not looking so great 😩
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
Sedan_Clan24809.50
      12-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #612
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm saying for a company like BMW to still bother with putting out these type of cars is a positive given the general direction of the automotive industry.

The reality is there are other brands that cater more to enthusiasts!......and maybe instead of bitching about what BMW did or didn't do, we should just look elsewhere if we are not satisfied with the offering.

As these cars like the M3gts M3/4cs and M2cs don't do well in the market.........well, eventually BMW will just throw in the towel and not even bother spending the development dollars to bring them to market in the future.

Maybe an eventuality if success is not found....and so far, not looking so great 😩
You make it sound like these cars not doing great isn't something bmw can control - it is.

Price the car properly instead of ripping customers off. There's a start.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #613
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You make it sound like these cars not doing great isn't something bmw can control - it is.

So, we don't know what BMW's development and testing costs are as well as a 100 other costs that go into bringing a limited production car to market. We just don't!

I'm not defending their pricing....I'm the first to say it seems high or there is no value ect.

However, they are pricing it to cover costs and make a profit. They are a for profit company.

So, if they can't manage to turn a profit on these limited special edition cars....they are simply not going to continue to make them.

Simple economics!
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
Poochie9099.00
      12-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #614
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, we don't know what BMW's development and testing costs are as well as a 100 other costs that go into bringing a limited production car to market. We just don't!

I'm not defending their pricing....I'm the first to say it seems high or there is no value ect.

However, they are pricing it to cover costs and make a profit. They are a for profit company.

So, if they can't manage to turn a profit on these limited special edition cars....they are simply not going to continue to make them.

Simple economics!
It's a parts bin car nothing more nothing less.

I'm irritated how BMW tries to do this. That ate a big piece of humble pie on the M4CS.

There is a reason M4CS cars litter dealerships around the globe.

Let's hope they learn their lesson.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2019, 04:15 AM   #615
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
That ate a big piece of humble pie on the M4CS.

And still, these cars collect dust because the dealerships, at least here in the US, refuse to offer big discounts off of MSRP. I'm seeing nothing less than $105k which, to me, is about $30k more than what the M4 CS model is worth.

Their lesson has yet to be learned.

Last edited by No Boost; 12-09-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
tranck499.00
      12-09-2019, 04:24 AM   #616
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Quote:
That ate a big piece of humble pie on the M4CS.

And still, these cars collect dust because the dealerships, at least here in the US, refuse to offer big discounts off of MSRP. I'm seeing nothing less than $105k which, to me, is about $35k more than what the M4 CS model is worth.

Their lesson has yet to be learned.
Yep. I picked up mine for the same price as a new M4 comp pack so for me it was a no brainer.

Don't get me wrong - Love everything about this car - it's the best of the entire generation but not for retail. For retail it's highway robbery.
Appreciate 3
No Boost4019.00
dmboone254970.50