BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

12-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #529
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I believe somebody already did this earlier within this thread.
That was probably me

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=24
Yes, it was you.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #530
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
M2C
6MT
Exec pack 61606 includes mperformance steering wheel
CF hood - 6440
CF roof - 3k est includes install
CF trunk - 4280
763M wheels - 6460 - 800 for black
M-performance exhaust - 4520 + install
Tune - $1k est.
M performance coilovers -2860 + install

Without installation costs I come to $90,166. Some will say that you can get these parts cheaper after the fact. However, that eliminates the ability to easily finance the vehicle. One could reasonably assume you could sell the factory wheels to make up some cost. Please point out what I'm missing.
Unfortunately, since several parts are currently exclusive to the M2 CS such as the CF hood, CF roof, CF center console, M adaptive suspension, and Merino leather it's a little difficult to make a direct comparison

BTW, the M2 CS does not have a CF trunk

Can you, for example, add $25K+/- worth of aftermarket parts to build a M2 C that would crush a stock M2 CS on a racetrack?

Quite easily (with money to spare)

Can $25K+/- turn a M2 C into an exact replica of the M2 CS with the same fit, finish, integration and warranty as the factory?

Not so easy
Yes, as in this example below.

I cannot believe this thing is sitting on a Chrysler lot in Nevada.

///AVM

https://www.auto.com/cars/bmw-m2-com...18#ad_carousel
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:24 PM   #531
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Steel or aluminum roof?
Metal roof.
      12-03-2019, 05:28 PM   #532
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
M2C
6MT
Exec pack 61606 includes mperformance steering wheel
CF hood - 6440
CF roof - 3k est includes install
CF trunk - 4280
763M wheels - 6460 - 800 for black
M-performance exhaust - 4520 + install
Tune - $1k est.
M performance coilovers -2860 + install

Without installation costs I come to $90,166. Some will say that you can get these parts cheaper after the fact. However, that eliminates the ability to easily finance the vehicle. One could reasonably assume you could sell the factory wheels to make up some cost. Please point out what I'm missing.
Unfortunately, since several parts are currently exclusive to the M2 CS such as the CF hood, CF roof, CF center console, M adaptive suspension, and Merino leather it's a little difficult to make a direct comparison

BTW, the M2 CS does not have a CF trunk

Can you, for example, add $25K+/- worth of aftermarket parts to build a M2 C that would crush a stock M2 CS on a racetrack?

Quite easily (with money to spare)

Can $25K+/- turn a M2 C into an exact replica of the M2 CS with the same fit, finish, integration and warranty as the factory?

Not so easy
Yes, as in this example below.

I cannot believe this thing is sitting on a Chrysler lot in Nevada.

///AVM

https://www.auto.com/cars/bmw-m2-com...18#ad_carousel
You think those are painted calipers or the m performance ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:10 PM   #533
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I agree with the above. Im suggesting that if the price listed in this thread is correct, then it may represent a fair purchase when referencing an M2C trying to build a similar platform. If someone just wants to build an M2C that's faster than a CS, then easy peazy. Tune, suspension, tires. My guess probably $8k worth of goodies.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #534
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
I think those are the real deal . . . whoever pimped that M2C out did so perfectly and appears to have spared no expense, and all we know is what we can see. My suspicion is the owner did not stop with things we can only see?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #535
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think those are the real deal . . . whoever pimped that M2C out did so perfectly and appears to have spared no expense, and all we know is what we can see. My suspicion is the owner did not stop with things we can only see?

///AVM
Still not a 60k+car is it . Maybe 58?

But yea it if wasn't Long Beach blue I would be interested .
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #536
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Arciga

You know the old saying . . . it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. The dealership would likely take $58K, or even less.

Color, of course, is very subjective . . . I happen to love the LBB.

I am guessing the prior owner dumped $20K+ into that car based on what we can actually SEE alone. It is like a 'best of' from the 'what did you do to your M2C today?'

At any rate, someone is going to get one hell of a pimped out M2C for about $60K, probably less.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 12-03-2019 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #537
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I wonder if it has the m performance suspension installed. Probably has ppf applied. That's a pretty crazy deal sitting there. Not to mention from a good climate.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      12-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #538
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Arciga

You know the old saying . . . it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. The dealership would likely take $58K, or even less.

Color, of course is very subjective . . . I happen to love the LBB.

At any rate, I am guessing the prior owner dumped $20K+ into that car based on what we can actually SEE alone. It is like a 'best of' from the 'what did you do to your M2C today?'

At any rate, someone is going to get one hell of a pimped out M2C for about $60K, probably less.

///AVM
Agreed

I went to the dealer website trying to get a better look

You can see the front. And rear reflector delete. Racing studs / wheel nuts of of some sort.

Couldn't really tell if there was a performance exhaust but I would say yes.

It is even wired for the heated wheel according to the vin decoder .
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #539
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I wonder if it has the m performance suspension installed. Probably has ppf applied. That's a pretty crazy deal sitting there. Not to mention from a good climate.
I did look at the car fax on the website and didn't see the break in service.

Obviously it wouldn't make sense to swing by your friendly local dealer and make sure the car is still Under warranty
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #540
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Medphysdave

Not sure WHAT suspension is installed, but it appears the prior owner spared no expense in ///M parts, so I suspect it is OEM? Regardless, that car sits perfectly! The prior owner really knew what the hell he/she was doing when it comes to M2 mods.

For two days I have been sitting here wondering just how the hell that car ended up in a used Chrysler car lot? I am also wondering just how long it will remain there? . . . Everyone on this forum recognizes something special when they see it.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #541
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did look at the car fax on the website and didn't see the break in service.

Obviously it wouldn't make sense to swing by your friendly local dealer and make sure the car is still Under warranty
Looks like they had a child seat in rear driver's side. They even have blue tipped lug nuts. Dealer likely didn't give the person that traded it in much of anything for the upgrades. I agree that it could might be had in the 56k to 58k range. I bet dealer only paid 50k for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #542
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks like they had a child seat in rear driver's side. They even have blue tipped lug nuts. Dealer likely didn't give the person that traded it in much of anything for the upgrades. I agree that it could might be had in the 56k to 58k range. I bet dealer only paid 50k for it.
Medphysdave

We are realistically looking at $65K M2C with $20K+ of ///M Performance upgrades that can be likely had for $58K. Yes, slightly broken in (10K miles), but EVERY car falls into the exact same category once it is driven off the lot.

I cannot confirm, but I seriously doubt the original owner did not get the 1,200 mile service done. Hard to imagine anyone would put so much thought and money into a vehicle and abandon free/routine maintenance.

Very interesting how little those ‘upgrades’ are worth when it comes to initial resale . . . and how valuable they are to the next buyer. Better stated, how much value the next owner will be getting.

I wonder how this will equate to the M2CS down the road when it comes to resale value?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #543
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Medphysdave

We are realistically looking at $65K M2C with $20K+ of ///M Performance upgrades that can be likely had for $58K. Yes, slightly broken in (10K miles), but EVERY car falls into the exact same category once it is driven off the lot.

I cannot confirm, but I seriously doubt the original owner did not get the 1,200 mile service done. Hard to imagine anyone would put so much thought and money into a vehicle and abandon free/routine maintenance.

Very interesting how little those ‘upgrades’ are worth when it comes to initial resale . . . and how valuable they are to the next buyer. Better stated, how much value the next owner will be getting.

I wonder how this will equate to the M2CS down the road when it comes to resale value?

///AVM
100% agree
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      12-03-2019, 09:48 PM   #544
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
I agree with the above. Im suggesting that if the price listed in this thread is correct, then it may represent a fair purchase when referencing an M2C trying to build a similar platform. If someone just wants to build an M2C that's faster than a CS, then easy peazy. Tune, suspension, tires. My guess probably $8k worth of goodies.
Geez... someone needs to buy this car! What a good looking car, and with lots of goodies!!!
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      12-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #545
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:
Quote:
Medphysdave

Very interesting how little those 'upgrades' are worth when it comes to initial resale . . . and how valuable they are to the next buyer. Better stated, how much value the next owner will be getting.

///AVM
All those specific upgrades only matter to a select few people who happen to care about those upgrades.

I see it like renovations before selling your house....you may or may not get your money back on it.

Typically you don't! I think that translates to cars as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #546
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Geez... someone needs to buy this car! What a good looking car, and with lots of goodies!!!
I am 2,400 miles from Las Vegas . . . wishing it were only 240 miles

I am not a betting man (no pun intended) but, if I were, I would wager there will forum member taking ownership by week's end . . . and one hell of a happy camper!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #547
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Medphysdave

Very interesting how little those 'upgrades' are worth when it comes to initial resale . . . and how valuable they are to the next buyer. Better stated, how much value the next owner will be getting.

///AVM
All those specific upgrades only matter to a select few people who happen to care about those upgrades.

I see it like renovations before selling your house....you may or may not get your money back on it.

Typically you don't! I think that translates to cars as well.
Absolutely!

Original owner lost his ass on 'upgrades.' Next owner gonna reap reward.

Of course upgrades are buyer specific, just as the stock M2C vs 'whatever' is a matter of preference. That stated, the car in mention is jam packed with ///M Performance parts that are wildly popular on this forum. . . and with prospective M2CS buyers.

Perhaps not you nor I, but somebody is going to get one hell of a deal on one hell of vehicle.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      12-04-2019, 01:26 AM   #548
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

For two days I have been sitting here wondering just how the hell that car ended up in a used Chrysler car lot? I am also wondering just how long it will remain there? . . . Everyone on this forum recognizes something special when they see it.

///AVM
Because Hellcat?!
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      12-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #549
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
I could maybe get past LBB (not a fan, but could get a wrap) and consider making an offer, but the DCT kills it for me.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      12-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #550
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Or $11K over M2C if you consider $15K in CF parts and install (heard that approx. number mentioned in a previous thread).

So with 11K it's not bad for the exclusivity 😂
15K worth of CF parts that bring little to no value in relation to the price...
Appreciate 0