BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > REMUS Exhaust BMW M2 Competition|Official Pictures & Videos|

08-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #177
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Just had my Remus Sport installed on my US spec M2C. For those who don't know, I also tried Remus Race and AA midpipe before this. I found it too loud for my taste and went back to stock for awhile. Remus Sport currently is paired with the stock midpipe since I wanted to hear how loud it was going to be before adding an aftermarket midpipe to the equation. Here's my review:

If you want something that's significantly louder than stock then this is not the right setup for you by itself but adding AA midpipe would help greatly for more volume based on my prior experience. I don't know how Remus did it but Remus Sport sounds significantly deeper than stock exhaust despite being paired with the stock midpipe. In my exhaust search, I was looking for something a bit louder than stock without ruining the tone and something that looks better than that fugly stock muffler (even though mine was painted in black). Remus Sport checks all the boxes for me and I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier! It's nowhere near as loud as my previous Remus Race+AA mid combo but it has really nice tone and added volume. Videos in general don't do any exhaust justice but I have a few sound clips available on my IG (@cntzl.m2) if anyone wants to check out how it sounds (Listen to it with your headphones on as it's closer to how it sounds in person). When I get a chance, I'll upload the videos to Youtube and share the links here as well. Long story short, I highly recommend checking out Remus Sport for those who are looking for a nice balance between the tone and the added volume.

No more hanging muffler:
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
Dav3948.50
JeremyDFW458.00
TProfit81.50
AndrewC198910910.50
RemusUSA227.50
filet.M2c784.00
ewohar21.50
      08-02-2019, 02:00 AM   #178
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
For us European with OPFs this exhaust could be still too quiet, I think the combo AA mid pipe + Remus sport would be great.
Not a fan of 100mm tips though.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:10 AM   #179
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Just had my Remus Sport installed on my US spec M2C. For those who don't know, I also tried Remus Race and AA midpipe before this. I found it too loud for my taste and went back to stock for awhile. Remus Sport currently is paired with the stock midpipe since I wanted to hear how loud it was going to be before adding an aftermarket midpipe to the equation. Here's my review:

If you want something that's significantly louder than stock then this is not the right setup for you by itself but adding AA midpipe would help greatly for more volume based on my prior experience. I don't know how Remus did it but Remus Sport sounds significantly deeper than stock exhaust despite being paired with the stock midpipe. In my exhaust search, I was looking for something a bit louder than stock without ruining the tone and something that looks better than that fugly stock muffler (even though mine was painted in black). Remus Sport checks all the boxes for me and I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier! It's nowhere near as loud as my previous Remus Race+AA mid combo but it has really nice tone and added volume. Videos in general don't do any exhaust justice but I have a few sound clips available on my IG (@cntzl.m2) if anyone wants to check out how it sounds (Listen to it with your headphones on as it's closer to how it sounds in person). When I get a chance, I'll upload the videos to Youtube and share the links here as well. Long story short, I highly recommend checking out Remus Sport for those who are looking for a nice balance between the tone and the added volume.

No more hanging muffler:
excellent!!!

ps- are those the CF tips?

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #180
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
excellent!!!

Looks like the 102mm carbon tips with titanium internals

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #181
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
For us European with OPFs this exhaust could be still too quiet, I think the combo AA mid pipe + Remus sport would be great.
Not a fan of 100mm tips though.
Yes, AA mid with Remus Sport would sound really nice but dramatically louder than stock OPF M2C. I realized I don't have such a high tolerance for loud exhausts after my experiment with Remus Race and AA midpipe. Also, I go to Laguna Seca quite often and it has a pretty strict sound limit so Remus Sport fits the bill for me. I might consider adding a midpipe in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

excellent!!!

Yes, CF tips.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #182
M4 GTS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02M3 19X3M40 on order 21 GT4

Is Remus sport less expensive than Race? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #183
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 GTS View Post
Is Remus sport less expensive than Race? Thanks
It's slightly more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 03:39 PM   #184
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
It would be nice to see some unbiased dynos of all the configurations, race vs sport, AA + Remus vs AA + stock etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #185
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW HS M2C DCT

I didn't see any new vids on your IG, just the old ones wit the race system. Would also love to hear this in person! I'm in Campbell
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #186
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
I didn't see any new vids on your IG, just the old ones wit the race system. Would also love to hear this in person! I'm in Campbell
They get deleted after 24 hours. I just added Remus Sport videos to my story highlights as well. You can also check it out sometime in person. I'm in San Mateo area.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #187
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep

Watched. Congrats, amazing! Sound and appearance. Just to confirm, you have the AA pipe as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 07:06 AM   #188
mkh_23
Rep
Drives: 19' M2 Comp LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
May I get a quote for the AA Midpipe+Remus Race with CF tips
Would love one for the Remus Sport too. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #189
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
Watched. Congrats, amazing! Sound and appearance. Just to confirm, you have the AA pipe as well?
No, right now I only have Remus Sport. I might add AA midpipe in the future especially if and when I move out of state lol. I do a lot of track days at Laguna Seca and it has a pretty strict 90dB sound limit. I don't think I can pass sound if I add AA midpipe. Remus Sport by itself is just perfect for me (at least for now).
Appreciate 1
RemusUSA227.50
      08-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #190
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik F87 View Post
May I get a quote for the AA Midpipe+Remus Race with CF tips
Would love one for the Remus Sport too. Thanks!
Done

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #191
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, right now I only have Remus Sport. I might add AA midpipe in the future especially if and when I move out of state lol. I do a lot of track days at Laguna Seca and it has a pretty strict 90dB sound limit. I don't think I can pass sound if I add AA midpipe. Remus Sport by itself is just perfect for me (at least for now).
Gotcha, sounds wonderful and exactly what I'm looking for. I'll shoot you a PM, would love to check this out in person. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #192
M4 GTS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 02M3 19X3M40 on order 21 GT4

Quote:
what happened with 93db or 95db few years back. LOL!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #193
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 GTS View Post
what happened with 93db or 95db few years back. LOL!
There are still some rare 92db and 103dB events but maybe 2-4 days in a year. Also, those days (especially 103dB) are much more expensive and sold out months in advance lol. Laguna is my favorite track but the 90dB sound limit is ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #194
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Am I wrong or Remus sport axle back for M2C is very very similar - almost identical - to Remus for M4 (the only one available)?
https://remus.eu/bmw-m4-f82
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #195
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Am I wrong or Remus sport axle back for M2C is very very similar - almost identical - to Remus for M4 (the only one available)?
https://remus.eu/bmw-m4-f82
Similar but not that much... Remus Sport for M2C for instance has resonator built into the outer pipes, which IMO contributes to the deeper sound.

Notice the bulges on the pipes that has valves:

This is how they look from inside:

Appreciate 3
VIERsr2621.50
RemusUSA227.50
filet.M2c784.00
      08-07-2019, 01:36 AM   #196
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
It's true you're right. I love the way Remus sounds in combination with AA midpipe on the M4, much better than the Remus midpipes, this is the sound I was looking for my M2C and maybe I found it!

Last edited by VIERsr; 08-07-2019 at 02:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
RemusUSA227.50
      08-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #197
RemusUSA
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: One of each

REMUS M2 Competition Sport Exhaust

@cntzl Sorry for the delay in writing this to you. Just wanted to thank you for your continued support and for contributing to the thread regarding your new set up. I am happy to hear that this one is working better for you as I know the other combo was a bit much for your liking.

I am very impressed with the sound of the sport system and I am going to be adding that to our offerings here in the US based on yours and some others feedback. Now I have to remember yet another part number!!! In any case just wanted to give you a shout out and let you know how much we appreciate the support. I know you are in the Bay Area and if you are ever up our way feel free to swing by to say hello.

Also a little shout out to my man Justin at Auto Talent for assisting with this.
Appreciate 1
M-Pilot4859.00
      08-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #198
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusUSA View Post
@cntzl Sorry for the delay in writing this to you. Just wanted to thank you for your continued support and for contributing to the thread regarding your new set up. I am happy to hear that this one is working better for you as I know the other combo was a bit much for your liking.

I am very impressed with the sound of the sport system and I am going to be adding that to our offerings here in the US based on yours and some others feedback. Now I have to remember yet another part number!!! In any case just wanted to give you a shout out and let you know how much we appreciate the support. I know you are in the Bay Area and if you are ever up our way feel free to swing by to say hello.

Also a little shout out to my man Justin at Auto Talent for assisting with this.
Likewise, thanks for the speedy delivery and amazing support! Also thanks for reminding me about Justin.AutoTalent. Thanks so much Justin for going above and beyond as always and answering all my questions patiently. Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0