BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > End of an Era - The Final Few EDs Comprehensive Compilation

10-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #749
marshall834
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i

Great to see those of you finally getting to enjoy your cars!

Update on mine: Still at port (I think a week now?). Then another ~13 days to cross the ocean, so I think I'm at least 2.5-3 weeks out.

I visited a few local PPF installers yesterday and think I got one picked out. One was working on those badass new Vettes, that was purdy. Haven't decided on CeramicPro, I think I will ceramic myself. Will also head to Tirerack Warehouse and pickup some all seasons for this nice 30 degree weather we're having.
E46 323ci
B6 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #750
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freya - 2018 MGM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post

Update on mine: Still at port (I think a week now?). Then another ~13 days to cross the ocean, so I think I'm at least 2.5-3 weeks out.

I visited a few local PPF installers yesterday and think I got one picked out. One was working on those badass new Vettes, that was purdy. Haven't decided on CeramicPro, I think I will ceramic myself. Will also head to Tirerack Warehouse and pickup some all seasons for this nice 30 degree weather we're having.
Mine is the same way. Becoming unacceptable. This happened with my last ED...it waited at the port for like 2.5 weeks. Problem for me now is that it's going to put my car at the Performance Center in late November to early December, which I've already told my CA is not just unacceptable, but not doable for me. Will be interesting if I have to tell him sorry I have to cancel because I cannot go get the car now. Starting to feel it's doomed.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 08:02 PM   #751
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / former e46 M3 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall834 View Post

Mine is the same way. Becoming unacceptable. This happened with my last ED...it waited at the port for like 2.5 weeks. Problem for me now is that it's going to put my car at the Performance Center in late November to early December, which I've already told my CA is not just unacceptable, but not doable for me. Will be interesting if I have to tell him sorry I have to cancel because I cannot go get the car now. Starting to feel it's doomed.
You jinxed us all!

Kidding. Kind of.

My car status is "awaiting carrier assignment".

I hit final assembly in June - it's 2020 model slated for early May production but delayed from covid factory shutdowns.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #752
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
You jinxed us all!

Kidding. Kind of.

I hit final assembly in June - it's 2020 model slated for early May production but delayed from covid factory shutdowns.
Yikes, assume you are having it sent directly to you?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 06:38 AM   #753
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / former e46 M3 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Quote:
You jinxed us all!

Kidding. Kind of.

Yikes, assume you are having it sent directly to you?
Yeah, I happily took the hold out deal and had it shipped. It wasn't much compared to ED but something to ease the pain.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #754
F82PRETEND
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I happily took the hold out deal and had it shipped. It wasn't much compared to ED but something to ease the pain.
I did forget to add that my CA told me I was going to get that (or something perhaps similar to it) from BMW. He wasn't sure on the specifics and it wasn't much (hint, equal in value to the BMWCCA rebate). My biggest issue is still that I will not, and honestly cannot, drive mine home on/after November 15. As far as I know mine's still at the port and the earliest yet-to-depart ship to arrive in Brunswick is mid-November per the Wallenius schedules. If it takes a couple weeks to get from ship to Performance Center, then I'll have to be the guy that says yea sorry, you have to figure it out because I'm not taking it. Beyond frustrating, but honestly, I'm to the point where it just is what it is with this car.
Appreciate 0