BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > E85 pros/cons & why I don't use it.

10-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #89
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

I feel bad for the X4M people. Cars change easily, but behavior does not.
Appreciate 2
      10-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #90
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Hilarious...come on down, I'll race you if that'll coax your ego. But the fact of the matter is you lack the intelligence to search for these items yourself and it's all been available online. Next you lack to understand why your car had a DTML or misfires many years ago. There are HPFP solutions, LPFP solutions, and others available to fill in the gaps for N55's...but you'll have to search for them if you really care that much.

Anyways glad I didn't bother reading much of your posts as it's like seeing an adult cry in front of nobody that cares. Pretty sad really. Carry on though as I know you will...let me know when you're in Cali...perhaps hit up a Shift S3ctor and everyone can see how "fast" you are.
DKX4///M756.00
      10-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #91
DKX4///M
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Next you lack to understand why your car had a DTML or misfires many years ago. There are HPFP solutions, LPFP solutions, and others available to fill in the gaps for N55's...

Just bc you might not know these things doesn't mean anyone that does is making it up, sorry...

No ones crying, just decided not to engage in the name calling and insults...

But thanks bro...You've been helpful...Wish u the best...

Your opinion, really doesn't bother me, it did start to frustrate me just bc you seem to be a hopeless case, but I realized how dumb that was to let it get to me...I have more important things going on, and I know the truth here, and I know anyone that actually reads it will think you embarrass yourself...

So yea I'm gonna go to big boy room...Maybe you guys can argue with eachother. whatever

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-16-2020 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #92
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Land Cruiser, '18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Didn't expect to listen to this kind of crap on bmw forums ... NASIOC sure, bummer that we deal with this crap here too. Why haven't mods locked this yet?
      08-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #93
Leaveatrail86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
The fear of ethanol has been blown out of proportion imo, BMW fuel systems use teflon lines so no issues with ethanol degrading lines or tanks. The low and high pressure fuel pump will need to be upgraded to run full e85, but once that is done then there is no issues with corrosion on those either. The injectors should be fine with full e85. Take a look at the bmw 320i active flex available in brazil, it utilizes the n20 engine and is built for full e85 or gas use. A quick browse on real oem specifying the brazilian 320i did not show any variations in engine, fuel injector, pistons from a regular n20 so the whole fear of corrosion is overblown imo. I will try to find an active flex car's vin to really get accurate information.

To make it a fool proof solution use:
1) Top cylinder lube: https://www.powerpluslubricants.com/...ERTOPLUBE.html
This will eliminate all lubricity issues present with E85

2) Ethanol stabilizer: https://www.goldeagle.com/product/st...60-protection/
This will eliminate any corrosion concerns due to moisture.

This pretty much solves the two large issues with running e85. The only cons now is the reduced fuel economy which shouldn't matter too much if you live in the US and the government subsidizes e85 costs. You also get higher octane fuel and the evaporative cooling effect which is great if you like to track you car.
I’ve run into you before looking for advice.

I’ve learned my injectors had failed. A few weeks ago cyl 6 injector failed, now last night it was cyl 1. Dorch stage 2 hpfp, fbo, plugs gapped correctly. My blend is just like zm2 at e40 exactly. So if the injectors can handle e85 just fine why did my injectors go out? Exactly. I stand with op’s original post. Our m2’s just don’t do well with e85. You have to upgrade the entire fuel system it seems. Sheesh
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #94
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaveatrail86 View Post
I’ve run into you before looking for advice.

I’ve learned my injectors had failed. A few weeks ago cyl 6 injector failed, now last night it was cyl 1. Dorch stage 2 hpfp, fbo, plugs gapped correctly. My blend is just like zm2 at e40 exactly. So if the injectors can handle e85 just fine why did my injectors go out? Exactly. I stand with op’s original post. Our m2’s just don’t do well with e85. You have to upgrade the entire fuel system it seems. Sheesh
Did you run a fuel filter? Ethanol is an extremely good solvent and that picks means it'll pick up debris extremely well and that means your injectors are susceptible to getting clogged without a fuel filter.

Did you also run a top cylinder lube or run a tank of fresh gas in between every few tanks of ethanol mix? If you don't run top cylinder lube you'll have to run a tank of fresh gas every once in awhile.

The injectors may be able to tolerate the ethanol, but it won't be able to tolerate debris. Lack of lubricity in ethanol can be an issue as well too, so top cylinder lube will solve this.

Last edited by F87source; 08-06-2022 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #95
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

I should also mention that ethanol blends require more fuel volume for the same power. This means you're also working your injectors harder, and if you're really chasing big power you will be pushing your injectors to 100% capacity every time. This means even if ethanol has no impact the strain of pushing your injectors to 100% duty cycle at all times will inevitably kill them. Because technically Injectors need to have some head room, in the area of 10-15% capacity.
Appreciate 0