BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Any rubbing on 265/35 front stock PSS and camber

09-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #1
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C SO

Hi y'all,

Recently blew my front right sidewall when cornering thru a sausage curb. And I happened to have a pair of stock rear tires laying around (had a small nail but repairable). I'm wondering if I can fit the stock PSS 265/35 with 788m front with stock suspension but camber plates? Have around -2.5F camber.

I've heard people rubbing on full lock or full compression but given that I have camber and PSS star spec have a slimmer sidewall profile, I don't know if I can get away with it.

Thanks!

Edit: just fitted the 265 to the front. Left wheel rub the front fender liner a bit on left turn but nothing substantial. Any advice to massage the fender?
Attached Images

09-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Should fit without any rubbing issues whatsoever. What it does to your rake and ABS I can't say.
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50
      09-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

A while ago there was a whole thread with a lot of reports of 265/35 rubbing on the M2C because the fender liner is different than the M2, so some resorted to using a heat gun to push in the liner. The issue being that the front of the tire contact the liner at full lock turning.

In my personal experience with my OG M2, lowered on coilovers, stock camber... I get some rub on hard compression, but turn in is all clear. That's both with OEM 265/35 Conti 3 or 265/35 Sottozero Serie II winter tires.

I also have a bit of experience with different tire brands now, and can say that tire sizes definitely aren't standardized between brands and models. My 265/35 Sottozero is physically taller and wider than my 265/35 Conti 3. And different submodels can also be different sizes. Ie, PSS BMW Star Spec vs PSS Mercedes Spec vs PSS Porsche Spec.

And there are so many people here with different suspension and tire/wheel configs that your best bet in knowing if your tire will fit is to try it yourself and see.
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50
      09-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #4
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Should fit without any rubbing issues whatsoever. What it does to your rake and ABS I can't say.
That's my gut feeling as well! But I've been tracking the car and full compression might be the edge cases in the rubbing situation. I might just try them out for a while and report back.
      09-30-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
A while ago there was a whole thread with a lot of reports of 265/35 rubbing on the M2C because the fender liner is different than the M2, so some resorted to using a heat gun to push in the liner. The issue being that the front of the tire contact the liner at full lock turning.

In my personal experience with my OG M2, lowered on coilovers, stock camber... I get some rub on hard compression, but turn in is all clear. That's both with OEM 265/35 Conti 3 or 265/35 Sottozero Serie II winter tires.

I also have a bit of experience with different tire brands now, and can say that tire sizes definitely aren't standardized between brands and models. My 265/35 Sottozero is physically taller and wider than my 265/35 Conti 3. And different submodels can also be different sizes. Ie, PSS BMW Star Spec vs PSS Mercedes Spec vs PSS Porsche Spec.

And there are so many people here with different suspension and tire/wheel configs that your best bet in knowing if your tire will fit is to try it yourself and see.
This is the long, detailed correct answer.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #6
Fabb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

I've never knew M2c has different fender liner. I will keep it in mind definitely
      09-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #7
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

just take a heat gun and mold the corner that sticks out I run re-71r with run wider no issues after five min with a heat gun
Appreciate 1
Fabb227.50