Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So, kind of an odd part of my journey to share.

As recently reported, owning two 'visceral' driving experiences did not equate to twice the fun for me. I simply did not enjoy owning the 718 CGTS and M2C simultaneously.

Not to rehash all of it - and despite being an admitted Porsche fanboy - I simply wanted to keep the M2C. So, I tested the market for the 718 CGTS. The market is ripe and I got full asking offer within 24h. Transaction took about one week to complete. . . Sold and sitting in my garage awaiting transport truck to pick up on Monday.

I'll definitely find my way back into the Porsche lineup again. WHEN that occurs will depend upon whether the G87 M2C lives up my expectations . . . which I have impression it will.

In the interim I'm going to 'play' with the M2C. I'm going give the beast a little better posture and growl on Monday . . . scheduled at local Bimmer dealership for MP coilovers and MP exhaust.

Does not need, and I did not even want the MP exhaust, but JC likes spending my money and he forced me to get it.

So, come Wednesday I will be about $12K further into the M2C experience . . . thank you JC!

I'll report back once the beast is fully charmed.

///AVM
MP coilover and MP exhaust costs 12K ? thats ridiculous
Tell me about it . . . JCZ5 better enjoy that damn MP exhaust . . . as that puppy is expensive.

///AVM
How much is the MP exhaust alone?

You like the M2C so much that you sold the porsche ? Is that a better car ?
Better is defined in the eye of the beholder and with specific use cases. Really shows how great the M2C is from a fanatic Porsche owner. Also rare for a Porsche owner to admit he likes the "lesser" car 😉.

Anyways, I still have to experience the Porsche drug long-term.
      09-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #1630
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As recently reported, owning two 'visceral' driving experiences did not equate to twice the fun for me. I simply did not enjoy owning the 718 CGTS and M2C simultaneously.

Not to rehash all of it - and despite being an admitted Porsche fanboy - I simply wanted to keep the M2C. So, I tested the market for the 718 CGTS. The market is ripe and I got full asking offer within 24h. Transaction took about one week to complete. . . Sold and sitting in my garage awaiting transport truck to pick up on Monday.

I'll definitely find my way back into the Porsche lineup again. WHEN that occurs will depend upon whether the G87 M2C lives up my expectations . . . which I have impression it will.

In the interim I'm going to 'play' with the M2C. I'm going give the beast a little better posture and growl on Monday . . . scheduled at local Bimmer dealership for MP coilovers and MP exhaust.

Does not need, and I did not even want the MP exhaust, but JC likes spending my money and he forced me to get it.

So, come Wednesday I will be about $12K further into the M2C experience . . . thank you JC!

///AVM
Tell me about it . . . JCZ5 better enjoy that damn MP exhaust . . . as that puppy is expensive.

///AVM

Don't have quote in front of me. MPE was more than MP coilovers, but labor cost for coilovers ($1,300) was three times that of exhaust.

I also got some Burger spacers which I may or may not have placed? Game time decision once I see how the beast sits.

Your question as to whether I think the M2C is better than the 718 CGTS is a loaded question. . . what is 'better?'

Let me say I just wanted to keep the M2C.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #1631
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

We need pics lol
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 10:21 PM   #1632
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

///AVM

///AVM

He won't say it, but I think his actions speak louder than his words.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      09-18-2020, 12:57 AM   #1633
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
@Poochie

You with us brother . . . you've been awfully quiet lately

///AVM

I appreciate your concern but I'm still buzzing around..

Lately, I've been doing more research than sharing, in an attempt to efficiently warp up some automotive maintenance items, before the temperature drops even further.

There are a lot of useful, crowd-sourcing information here but it's not always explicitly stated, requiring one literally read between the lines, which can take time, to sift through all the pearls amongst the swine - so to speak..

For instance, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to replace my rear shocks/dampers, since the bolt that holds the rod to the shock mount, just spins in place, with no leverage to grasp and be removed (No. 1 in photo below), without having to purchase BMW's "Special Tool," at a cost of $200 (as if )..

However, TIL that a simple $15 Allen socket can possible lock the shock rod in place, allowing the bolt to be extracted. Here's to hoping 🤞🏼

So, my time was not wasted, since I just saved a bunch of money, by not having to pay a repair shop for something I can now accomplish myself.

Anyways, for anyone interested in what I'm referring to, the video below at the 1:15 point illustrated my dilemma.

Anyone with any viable suggestions, please feel to chime in.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      09-18-2020, 06:21 AM   #1634
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
@Poochie

You with us brother . . . you've been awfully quiet lately

///AVM

I appreciate your concern but I'm still buzzing around..

Lately, I've been doing more research than sharing . . .
Poochie

Thanks for chiming in, and glad you are safe in Gotham.

I realize you need to do your homework, otherwise you would not be the sub-forum go-to source of technical information.

With regard to those limited-use tools that can be expensive . . . I am pretty sure auto part stores such as AutoZone rent tools for a reasonable price. Just an option to look into. . . but I'm also sure you already knew that too.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      09-18-2020, 06:23 AM   #1635
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
We need pics lol
Of course. . . I know how to feed the mob

I guess I will now also have to change my avatar. I figured the day would come at some point.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      09-18-2020, 01:39 PM   #1636
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfresh15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
OK its time: Got the call today. 6 months and 9 days after I placed my deposit...Monday is the day I pick up my car.
daaamn, 6 months?? I assume yours was delayed due to covid, cause they quoted 8 weeks for me as of a couple weeks ago..hoping running far past that isn't the norm
Yup, totally Covid...
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #1637
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

///M Performance Exhaust and Coilovers

OK Gang, next segment of MY journey . . . wanted to make the beast a bit nastier.

Got the ///M Performance Exhaust and Coilovers installed today at local BMW dealership.

Coilovers were obtained for primarily aesthetic purposes. Could not stand the huge fender-to-tire gaps on stock suspension, particularly the fact that the front gap was more than twice that of the rear. Of note, I evaluated with and without spacers after the technician and I dialed in height . . . ended up going with 10mm Burger spacers on all four corners.

Despite my pleasure with the aesthetic outcome, I came away equally impressed with the improved ride and handling at BMW recommended rebound and compression settings. The two words that come instantly to mind are SOFTER ride and TIGHTER handling. Will require some more seat time to determine if I will chase ‘better’ by tweaking settings, but I am more than pleased with the current ride and handling.

I did not want the MPE, but brother JCZ5 insisted . . . dude loves to spend my money. At any rate, my upfront thoughts were that I would be getting an obnoxious system that droned and overwhelmed the sweet S55 acoustics coming from under the hood. I could not be more wrong in my prejudice. . .

The MPE transforms the stock exhaust note into a wonderful GROWL that does not overwhelm the engine acoustics, rather, enhances the overall acoustic experience. No drone whatsoever and, as you move from Efficient to Sport to Sport Plus the decibels seem to match-up nicely with the level of driving enthusiasm. Given the fact that I did not even want the MPE, I have to say the system absolutely blew my expectations away.

I know folks around these parts love their pics. Here you go . . . Enjoy.

///AVM
Attached Images

Last edited by ///AVM; 09-22-2020 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 10
JCZ51482.50
PLF693762.50
tjsabec52.50
AUSf222687.00
Poochie9099.00
BigKutta3870.50
blkonblk192.00
HazChem262.00
VisualEcho6625.50
      09-22-2020, 08:42 PM   #1638
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

@///AVM what happened to not "modding" your car? Seems like you went all out! Many congrats and hope it transforms the driving experience.

I am very interested in the coilovers. Soft and tight seems counter intuitive, but I know you're not the only one to have made this assessment. Drive it for a week and report back once the suspension settles. I already have the 763M wheels on the docket, can't believe I may have to add the coilovers after.

Still not sold on the MPE myself 😂😂
      09-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #1639
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
OK Gang, next segment of MY journey . . . wanted to make the beast a bit nastier.

Got the ///M Performance Exhaust and Coilovers installed today at local BMW dealership.

Coilovers were obtained for primarily aesthetic purposes. Could not stand the huge fender-to-tire gaps on stock suspension, particularly the fact that the front gap was more than twice that of the rear. Of note, I evaluated with and without spacers after the technician and I dialed in height . . . ended up going with 10mm Burger spacers on all four corners.

Despite my pleasure with the aesthetic outcome, I came away equally impressed with the improved ride and handling at BMW recommended rebound and compression settings. The two words that come instantly to mind are SOFTER ride and TIGHTER handling. Will require some more seat time to determine if I will chase ‘better’ by tweaking settings, but I am more than pleased with the current ride and handling.

I did not want the MPE, but brother JCZ5 insisted . . . dude loves to spend my money. At any rate, my upfront thoughts were that I would be getting an obnoxious system that droned and overwhelmed the sweet S55 acoustics coming from under the hood. I could not be more wrong in my prejudice. . .

The MPE transforms the stock exhaust note into a wonderful GROWL that does not overwhelm the engine acoustics, rather, enhances the overall acoustic experience. No drone whatsoever and, as you move from Efficient to Sport to Sport Plus the decibels seem to match-up nicely with the level of driving enthusiasm. Given the fact that I did not even want the MPE, I have to say the system absolutely blew my expectations away.

///AVM
Looks amazing! Why the MPE rather than Dinan or others?
Appreciate 2
///AVM2528.00
boss2k1040.50
      09-22-2020, 08:45 PM   #1640
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
@///AVM what happened to not "modding" your car? Seems like you went all out! Many congrats and hope it transforms the driving experience.

I am very interested in the coilovers. Soft and tight seems counter intuitive, but I know you're not the only one to have made this assessment. Drive it for a week and report back once the suspension settles. I already have the 763M wheels on the docket, can't believe I may have to add the coilovers after.

Still not sold on the MPE myself 😂😂
JC

Remind me, technician wants me to stop in at dealership this Friday to retake height measurements taken today to make sure there is no abrupt or uneven settling of suspension.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #1641
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papibigred View Post
Looks amazing! Why the MPE rather than Dinan or others?
Thank you Papi

Why MPE?

Hmmm, I guess I just wanted to stick with OEM BMW parts and service.

My expectations were very low, as the stock exhaust seemed fine to me. As per my original post, I am honestly very impressed.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #1642
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:

///AVM
Car looks great but that M performance muffler hanging out still looks ugly
      09-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #1643
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Boss

I know the prevailing view around these parts regarding the low hanging fruit. . . I am actually an outcast in my finding the look very appealing.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:54 PM   #1644
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:

///AVM
The under hanging muffler seems to be standard option for all M performance sedans/coupes. They're present in the new M3/4 as well.

I personally don't mind it and I actually like the look. Yay for me
      09-22-2020, 09:22 PM   #1645
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

I'm sure its already answered but while we are drooling about your mods, how much hp does the MPE add, or just for the sound? I don't like the OEM muffler hanging down but kind of like the MPE... i could learn to love it 😀
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      09-22-2020, 09:27 PM   #1646
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by papibigred View Post
I'm sure its already answered but while we are drooling about your mods, how much hp does the MPE add, or just for the sound? I don't like the OEM muffler hanging down but kind of like the MPE... i could learn to love it 😀
Thanks again Papi

I cannot answer your hp question, but I know who can . . . Poochie, you are up. While you are at it, what is the weight savings with the MPE?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 11:26 PM   #1647
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Wow looking good AVM!

How much did that set you back over in the states?
Would be a small fortune here in the land down under, mind you we are not able to order the M2C MPE as of yet as it hasn't passed compliance tests.

I'll take your MPE if you ever decide to part ways with it
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      09-23-2020, 02:20 AM   #1648
LakiTopalovich
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

What's the price difference between MPE and Akrapovic? Looking at these photos MPE looks like children had a welding hour in kindergarten.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:15 AM   #1649
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Boss

I know the prevailing view around these parts regarding the low hanging fruit. . . I am actually an outcast in my finding the look very appealing.

///AVM
I love it too. Nice to see they are embracing it (actually even owning it) on the newer models. I'm at the stage now where if it doesn't hang down it doesn't look right.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 07:37 AM   #1650
Skulinex
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '4 M3/'5 M3CS/‘18 M3CS /‘21M2C

Garage List
2015 Toyota 4Runner  [0.00]
2021 M2 Competition  [0.00]
2018 M3 CS  [0.00]
2004 M3  [10.00]
2005 M3 Competition  [0.00]
Quote:
Wanna see ugly? I just came running away from the G80 M3 forums and their “performance exhaust” launch
Appreciate 0