08-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #1563
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
You can cover the holes with bumper plugs, demanding new bumper cover for this is overacting , its not that the bumper is damaged that they need to replace the bumper
It depends who you ask and what that person's level of OCD is. I also don't think it's fair for anyone to determine how OCD another person should be about their car. To some people, drilling holes in the bumper is not a big deal. To others, it *is* a form of damage. I know that if my bumper had drilled holes by the dealer, I would flat out refuse the car. Period. Sure, there are plugs you can buy, but it's not the same thing. I know for a fact there are many people who would pass on buying a car (new or used) if they saw that the front bumper has been drilled through. Now, you may argue that drilled bumpers can be easily patched and resprayed, but to that I would say that factory paint is irreplaceable. This circles back to the PPF vs no PPF discussions. Some people are okay with having their front end full of scratches, dings, and rock chips. They call it "character". I'm not one of those folks.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 05:28 PM   #1564
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

OK its time: Got the call today. 6 months and 9 days after I placed my deposit...Monday is the day I pick up my car.
Appreciate 10
boss2k1040.50
JCZ51482.50
NathObeaN1304.50
AUSf222687.00
///AVM2528.00
Jophy61.50
      08-28-2020, 06:41 PM   #1565
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
OK its time: Got the call today. 6 months and 9 days after I placed my deposit...Monday is the day I pick up my car.
YES!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
Mavallone164.50
      08-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #1566
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
wow, why not tomorrow?
      08-28-2020, 07:02 PM   #1567
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Quote:
You can cover the holes with bumper plugs, demanding new bumper cover for this is overacting , its not that the bumper is damaged that they need to replace the bumper
It depends who you ask and what that person's level of OCD is. I also don't think it's fair for anyone to determine how OCD another person should be about their car. To some people, drilling holes in the bumper is not a big deal. To others, it *is* a form of damage. I know that if my bumper had drilled holes by the dealer, I would flat out refuse the car. Period. Sure, there are plugs you can buy, but it's not the same thing. I know for a fact there are many people who would pass on buying a car (new or used) if they saw that the front bumper has been drilled through. Now, you may argue that drilled bumpers can be easily patched and resprayed, but to that I would say that factory paint is irreplaceable. This circles back to the PPF vs no PPF discussions. Some people are okay with having their front end full of scratches, dings, and rock chips. They call it "character". I'm not one of those folks.
dude , you are not an exception to the paranoid and OCD process , everyone who plans to drive a performance car is equally OCD and love cars and that's why they buy these cars and not a Honda or a Toyota which actually lasts more than a BMW

There's a big line between being OCD and practical
      08-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #1568
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
It has nothing to do with damage. You're spending ~$60k and told the guy not to do X. He does X. It's irrelevant how bad the effect of doing X is. You told him not to do it.
Appreciate 1
j23654.50
      08-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #1569
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
dude , you are not an exception to the paranoid and OCD process , everyone who plans to drive a performance car is equally OCD and love cars and that's why they buy these cars and not a Honda or a Toyota which actually lasts more than a BMW

There's a big line between being OCD and practical
Not sure where the exception reasoning came from, but I disagree with most of your points. That alone should tell you that not everyone thinks like you do. Many people love to drive the wheels off these cars and they are nowhere near OCD about them. They don't care enough about their paint to install PPF and they're willing to drill holes into the bumper without thinking twice about it. It's their car, so more power to them. But you shouldn't judge people for wanting to keep their cars pristine and without holes in the front bumper. If asking a dealership not to drill holes is too much OCD in your world, then we have completely different views on what it means to be practical.

And BTW, I'm as OCD about my Toyota as I am about my M2C. So your analogy is flawed.
Appreciate 1
Up4speed170.00
      08-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #1570
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Can't wait to see your sweet ride my friend!!! I'm excited for you because I have experienced the sweet nectar of the M2C. Can't wait for you to join us!
      08-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #1571
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Can't wait to see your sweet ride my friend!!! I'm excited for you because I have experienced the sweet nectar of the M2C. Can't wait for you to join us!
Thank You! Gonna be hard to work on Monday! Did you say you have a road trip this week end? Enjoy man, you can really get to know the car on that kind of a drive
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #1572
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank You! Gonna be hard to work on Monday! Did you say you have a road trip this week end? Enjoy man, you can really get to know the car on that kind of a drive
You know it! A 5 hour drive and I am so looking forward to it. Hoping to leave at 6am so I have most of the roads all to myself!

I was thinking back to the lockdown when many members had the roads all to themselves at all hours. Wow, wonder what that was like! Lucky bastards! (Disclaimer: Covid is a serious matter, this statement is not discounting that)
      08-28-2020, 09:33 PM   #1573
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Quote:
It has nothing to do with damage. You're spending ~$60k and told the guy not to do X. He does X. It's irrelevant how bad the effect of doing X is. You told him not to do it.
Thats upto you , nornal dealership will ask you to buzz off and sell the car easily , question is whether its worth to you to call off deal and wait another 3-4 months for just a simple issue. These cars are in demand and its a sellers market

If its any car on the lot its fine to walk away but if its a car built to your taste is it worth to walk away ?? Loss is yours
      08-28-2020, 09:38 PM   #1574
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You know it! A 5 hour drive and I am so looking forward to it. Hoping to leave at 6am so I have most of the roads all to myself!

I was thinking back to the lockdown when many members had the roads all to themselves at all hours. Wow, wonder what that was like! Lucky bastards! (Disclaimer: Covid is a serious matter, this statement is not discounting that)
Enjoy the drive , have you installed PPF? Going by some comments you are not OCD and love your car if you don't have a PPF 😀
      08-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #1575
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats upto you , nornal dealership will ask you to buzz off and sell the car easily , question is whether its worth to you to call off deal and wait another 3-4 months for just a simple issue. These cars are in demand and its a sellers market

If its any car on the lot its fine to walk away but if its a car built to your taste is it worth to walk away ?? Loss is yours
Not really. We're in a pandemic with 50 million jobs lost. I can assure you that we're not in a "seller's market" with the M2C.

These cars are still widely available for order and spec any way you want them. If my dealership drilled holes in the bumper, I could very easily get the same exact deal next day through another dealership. And yes, I'd be willing to wait another month and a half before it gets here.

Asking the dealership not to do something this trivial is not rocket science. If they can't honor a simple request like this, you're probably better off never dealing with them again.

This is no different than some dealerships insisting on a new car prep, which most of us OCD folks know scratches and mars the paint beyond belief. That's why I tell them to leave all body film intact.

Last edited by j23; 12-27-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
Up4speed170.00
      08-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #1576
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not really. We're in a pandemic with 50 million jobs lost. I can assure you that we're not in a "seller's market" with the M2C.

There's a reason why so many of us received 10% discounts off sticker on these cars in the last several months.

These cars are still widely available for order and spec any way you want them. If my dealership drilled holes in the bumper, I could very easily get the same exact deal next day through another dealership. And yes, I'd be willing to wait another month and a half before it gets here.

Asking the dealership not to do something this trivial is not rocket science. If they can't honor a simple request like this, you're probably better off never dealing with them again.

This is no different than some dealerships insisting on a new car prep, which most of us OCD folks know scratches and mars the paint beyond belief. That's why I tell them to leave all body film intact.
how many got 10% discount, not many..Your stats are wrong . It is a sellers market
      08-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #1577
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your stats are wrong. It is a sellers market
There's no such thing as a seller's market in a recession. Not sure how you came up with your logic, but it's absurd.

Last edited by j23; 12-27-2020 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 10:08 PM   #1578
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's a reason why so many of us received 10% discounts off sticker on these cars in the last several months.

how many got 10% discount, not many..Your stats are wrong . It is a sellers market
The point was that many people got these cars below sticker because of the times we're in. If you don't believe it, just ask around.

There's no such thing as a seller's market in a recession. Not sure how you came up with your logic, but it's absurd.
many people bought it at sticker or got nominal discount, do your research and search the forum

you are a new member and don't have proper info
      08-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #1579
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The point was that many people got these cars below sticker because of the times we're in. If you don't believe it, just ask around.

many people bought it at sticker or got nominal discount, do your research and search the forum

You're both right, the pandemic has thrown off the natural balance between supply and demand for new and used cars, driving up vehicle prices and putting all the bargaining power into the hands of car dealers, who are enjoying fatter-than-normal profits.

It's nothing like the Great Recession of 2008-2009, which forced General Motors and Chrysler into bankruptcy and left other global automakers on the ropes.

In mid-March (2020), every major auto manufacturer stopped production — for the first time since World War II. That led to a shortage of vehicles on dealer lots, in particular pickup trucks and SUVs.

Shifts in attitudes toward public transportation during the pandemic also drove more people into the car market, many for the first time.

Used cars grew scarce too, as fewer people traded in vehicles or returned leases during the pandemic's early lockdowns. And many banks aren't collecting on bad auto loans, either, meaning that fewer vehicles than usual were repossessed.

The rest of the year remains a big question mark, and the volume of auto sales will likely depend on the virus and the government's response, says economist.

If the federal government does more to prop up the economy, including more stimulus money for consumers, he expects auto sales to keep rising. But if unemployment worsens, demand will fall.

Although the demand for new and used cars are greater now, the M2C is a niche model, it's not something your typical nuclear family goes for, more so of a luxury, so the demand is not as dire as BMW's bread-and-butter models.

So, currently, dealers are more willing to discount this model, over say of of their more mainstream offerings.

There are deals to be had:

Official M2 / M2 Competition Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541148

2020 M2 Comp - Massively Discounted https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1691864

https://poststar.com/news/local/used...38c5ba309.html

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/10...g-long-trends/
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 10:17 PM   #1580
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy the drive , have you installed PPF? Going by some comments you are not OCD and love your car if you don't have a PPF 😀
Nah in the end I decided not to get PPF, which I know is a touchy subject. But this car is meant to be driven and paint chips happen. A foot away, you can barely see them anyways. The first ding is the worst, but in the end, it's just a motorized appliance, like I like to say... 😉

Also, don't get me wrong, it's a nice car and I plan to take care of it. But it's also not an individual color, paint to sample or whatever that cost thousands of dollars.

My plan is to just drive the hell out of it and enjoy every minute! PPF will cause me too much stress because I would be agonizing over every detail and checking to see if there are cuts in my wrap. And for me, it takes away from the ownership experience. But to each their own!
boss2k1040.50
      08-28-2020, 10:40 PM   #1581
Up4speed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 Ferrari 458  [0.00]
2015 Golf GTI  [0.00]
Quote:

I told the dealer the same thing. No front plate, and leave the plastic on everything. I told him that I'll do the prep myself.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2020, 11:09 PM   #1582
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your stats are wrong. It is a sellers market

For such a wise member with "proper info" and a high post count, it seems silly that you consider this a seller's market.

Last edited by j23; 12-27-2020 at 11:50 PM..
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      08-29-2020, 12:20 AM   #1583
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

For such a wise member with "proper info" and a high post count, it seems silly that you'd geto suckered in at sticker.
who told you I am paying sticker?

Another loose talk without any backup information, without knowing how much discount I am getting this kind of comment is nothing but signs of immaturity
      08-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #1584
papibigred
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW, M2C; ‘18

Duck season.
Rabbit season.
Duck season!
Rabbit season!
Rabbit season!
No its duck season!
Ok Doc!

Oh wait, this isn't looney tunes!

@Mav - How was the ride?!? Remember 4500 rpms!
Appreciate 2