BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Seat lumbar support

12-26-2021, 05:21 AM   #1
Bpj5000
Rep
Drives: None

Seat lumbar support

New to m2’s and recently test drove a 2018 lci (not comp).
During the test I realised there was no lumbar adjustment and ended up not being able to get comfy. Passenger same.

I have seen on Carsales few non comp lci cars do have the lumbar adjustment round dial and many do not.

Was this feature an option only and did it only come when heated seats were optioned? Trying to work out what cars to target as it’s often hard to see, not all ads include the lower seat side picture.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 07:01 PM   #2
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpj5000 View Post
During the test I realised there was no lumbar adjustment and ended up not being able to get comfy. Passenger same.

I have seen on Carsales few non comp lci cars do have the lumbar adjustment round dial and many do not.

Was this feature an option only and did it only come when heated seats were optioned? Trying to work out what cars to target as it’s often hard to see, not all ads include the lower seat side picture.
I had a 2017 OG M2 and it had lumbar support as does my current M2 Comp...my understanding was all with electric seats should have lumbar support.
It might be applicable to the M2 Pure?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
I had a 2017 OG M2 and it had lumbar support as does my current M2 Comp...my understanding was all with electric seats should have lumbar support.
It might be applicable to the M2 Pure?
I can confirm the 2016/17 dealer specification guide shows Lumbar as standard on all M2's except the Pure version.
Appreciate 1
PHX102160.50
      12-26-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

My LCI has lumbar. It was a factory option on the LCI’s. Heated seats were the same - standard on the early models and then an option on the LCI’s.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 12:14 AM   #5
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

With the OG LCI front seat lumbar adj and seating heating became separate cost options (note these options weren’t available on Pure cars). pre LCI both lumbar/heating had been standard on non-Pure cars & again not available to option on Pure.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 01:17 AM   #6
Bpj5000
Rep
Drives: None

Ok, so lumbar and heated seat were separate options on lci’s. Thanks

I’m surprised so many 2017/18 cars advertised at the moment don’t have this option.

For me it’s something I won’t always use, but at times need it…..getting old, won’t get a car without it.

Last edited by Bpj5000; 12-27-2021 at 03:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 07:35 AM   #7
Kikuchiyo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI, LBB, 6MT

Quote:

Quote:
Just for your information.
My 2017 OG does have the function however its controller is not a round handle but a electrical rocker button located on a seat rail along with other seat adjustment buttons.
My car is a Japanese model. It may not be applicable to other regions.
      12-27-2021, 03:07 PM   #8
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo View Post
Quote:
New to m2's and recently test drove a 2018 lci (not comp).

Was this feature an option only and did it only come when heated seats were optioned? Trying to work out what cars to target as it's often hard to see, not all ads include the lower seat side picture.
Quote:
Just for your information.
My 2017 OG does have the function however its controller is not a round handle but a electrical rocker button located on a seat rail along with other seat adjustment buttons.
My car is a Japanese model. It may not be applicable to other regions.
The rocker switch should be the seat bolster width controller.
Lumbar is a round controller with 4 way up down and in out functions for the lumbar.
Appreciate 0