BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MPE Valve Question

06-03-2018, 01:21 AM   #1
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
MPE Valve Question

Hi guys.

I press the button twice in rapid succession and the valves open but they close about 10-15 seconds without me doing anything. This can't be normal?

It's just idling in comfort if that make a difference?

Anyone else experience this and what is the fix?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
430409M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ///M2 PE

The valves are suppose to always remain open after you activate them until the car is powered down. The valves close automatically if the receiver loses connection with the hand held controller.

There have been a significant amount of people who have experienced exactly this. The usual fix has been to either check that the fuse that controls the Bluetooth system is pushed firmly into its spot and to check that all electrical connections are firm. Next would be a dealer visit for inspection and if all else fails to have the whole thing warrentied and replaced. A new MPE system should have a 2 year limited warrenty.

I forget the exact fuse number right now, but it is located in the trunk under the carpeting to the left side of where the spare tire isn't located. Inside that fuse box it will be on the far left side, kinda middle of the column.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I find that mine doesn’t stay on unless I am in sport or sport +.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
look585
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 430409M2 View Post
The valves are suppose to always remain open after you activate them until the car is powered down. The valves close automatically if the receiver loses connection with the hand held controller.

There have been a significant amount of people who have experienced exactly this. The usual fix has been to either check that the fuse that controls the Bluetooth system is pushed firmly into its spot and to check that all electrical connections are firm. Next would be a dealer visit for inspection and if all else fails to have the whole thing warrentied and replaced. A new MPE system should have a 2 year limited warrenty.

I forget the exact fuse number right now, but it is located in the trunk under the carpeting to the left side of where the spare tire isn't located. Inside that fuse box it will be on the far left side, kinda middle of the column.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I find that mine doesn’t stay on unless I am in sport or sport +.
OK, thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #5
tutankhamon
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB BMW M2

I am going through this entire ordeal. Battery in the remote was replaced - no luck, remote itself got replaced - no luck. Tomorrow the bluetooth module itself will be replaced, we will see if that fixes it.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #6
look585
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
I replaced the battery and it seems it's fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 11:47 AM   #7
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutankhamon View Post
I am going through this entire ordeal. Battery in the remote was replaced - no luck, remote itself got replaced - no luck. Tomorrow the bluetooth module itself will be replaced, we will see if that fixes it.
Did replacing both battery and receiver module resolve the issue? Being very late to the M2 game, my used M2 came with MPE and no warranty left. I want to weight my option if I should just start replacing these.
Appreciate 0