BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Gtechniq Completed

07-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #1
BigJRocksIt
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Gtechniq Completed

After about a week and a half of hard work, finally completed the ceramic application to my M2C. I'm really happy with the results, and the support from Gtechniq on their product.

I followed the advice of FrozenGT and spent a ton of time on paint correction, maybe 3 full days. This is a must as the better your paint is, the better the results you will get. What killed me was that sometime between me buying all the product and the last time I drove the car, I had a ton of rock chips appear on the front. I actually used the BMW repair paint, some wet-sanding, and polishing to repair all of the spots. I've never sanded a car this expensive, it was quite nerve-wracking. There were still a few spots that turned out lighter than I wanted, but I was not going to go over them a 4th time. I'll just get the front resprayed in a couple of years and then PPF.

My complete process was as follows:
  1. Wash/strip wax
  2. Fallout decontamination (this was neat)
  3. Paint correction (rock chips)
  4. Full polish
  5. 1 layer of CSL
  6. 2 layers of EXOv4
  7. Wheels coated with C5

It's slick as anything, and I'm anxious to see how it holds up long-term. Oh, and I also bought some Halo as well for my PPF but decided not to use it. The PPF on the rear got hit by the polishing pad and induced some scuffs that won't come out. I'll either get it replaced soon or have it removed altogether. Looking back I would have probably had the entire front of the car done in PPF from the start.

Thanks for all the advice on this process, appreciate everyone's help!
Attached Images

Last edited by BigJRocksIt; 07-08-2020 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 3
pz6193278.50
ae03440240.00
HazChem262.00
      07-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I've been debating on pulling the trigger on the CSL/EXO combo. It's gotten nothing but positive reviews. The results speak for themself.
Appreciate 0