BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 Coupe (F87): Wallpapers, Specifications, Info, Pictures, Videos

10-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #397
T!m3
BMW maniac!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
Just get it over with and go by an M3 or an M4.
I prefer to stay with s65. Since they cannot make some s65 bi-turbo
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #398
vstM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

I guess I have to live with no M1/2 buttons and no transmission power levels. Not that the list of disappointments wasn't big enough
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #399
Puwka
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Навая Fu ///M залупа китайская ,в БМВ геи ,как и пиндосы пиздаболы ,да еще Обама ЧМО !!!
Аллилуйя Мать вашу !!!

Last edited by Puwka; 10-14-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #400
lepp0012
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
Non-functioning side vents? Pep Boys special? Please God no.
Yeah, those bug me way more than the mirrors! They look to be just slapped on, and not at all integrated into the sheet metal. Big fail in my book.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #401
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Pretty, looks much better than its older siblings in the front and rear fascia. What's up with that weight, though?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #402
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
mirrors too
M5 and M6 do not have the M mirrors with that piece almost connecting that everyone is talking about. The 1M had it but there is no more 1M and this is a first M2 so its not breaking any traditions. Everyone just expected it to have them and are disappointed cause of their own expectations not because of tradition.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #403
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Actually they didn't just put in the N55 with a tune. This much more akin to an actual M-motor. It is same bore and stroke as N55, n54, and S55. But it gets the internals from S55. It is more like a S55 with a single twin scroll turbo.

The M2 is a parts bin car like the 1M. But clearly there was much more thought put into the M2.

Auto Express is saying limited numbers, 500 for UK. So it might be hard to get like the 1M.
Fascinating how no matter where you go, there is always someone arguing over engine heritage. Some folks don't consider the S55 a "proper" M engine, others defend their Vtec 4-pot as a ode to Honda's racing roots.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #404
Puwka
Enlisted Member
Rep

Эй куча сраных ковбоев с дырками в очке как дуло на т34 ,жрите бургеры и маркетинговую шляпу !!!
Алби Бек вафлисты !!!
Чуть не забыл Обама чмо !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #405
MikeRR
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Stop whining guys, I understand that the higher the expectations the higher the risk to be disappointed but come on - most of you are whining about small details. All over this car should (will) be a blast to drive, I have absolutely no doubts. And finally that is what it is all about.
It could have been more, I am also a bit disappointed there are no M mirrors (was not even hoping they would add hood bulge or CF roof - I knew they would not). I would have liked Merino leather and would have been willing to pay premium for that, I would have liked getting Recaros... but at the end FOR ME the all over package is more than OK for the price.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #406
Puwka
Enlisted Member
Rep

Кто сучнет или забанит его все ебал !!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #407
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
Do my eyes deceive me or does the DCT weigh less? 3450lbs as opposed to 3505?
BMW.com says the following so I assume the above numbers are a typo...

Quote:
With a light and compact design, the M 6-speed manual transmission decreases the total weight of the car, resulting in an array of benefits in the field of dynamics, agility, acceleration and fuel consumption. The lightened gear box also balances the axle load distribution to nearly 50:50, giving the car more neutral and stabilised driving characteristics in every situation.
      10-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #408
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puwka View Post
Навая Fu ///M залупа китайская ,в БМВ геи ,как и пиндосы пиздаболы ,да еще Обама ЧМО !!!
Аллилуйя Мать вашу !!!
As a Russian speaker, this both amused and confused me.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #409
Bam226
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i M sport

Not sure if this has been answered yet but are there plans for a sun roof, carbon roof or convertible?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #410
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
M5 and M6 do not have the M mirrors with that piece almost connecting that everyone is talking about. The 1M had it but there is no more 1M and this is a first M2 so its not breaking any traditions. Everyone just expected it to have them and are disappointed cause of their own expectations not because of tradition.
The M5 and M6 have had different mirrors than the series cars for quite some time now. M specific and designed by BMW M.

They haven't had the dual prongs since the E34 but that doesn't mean they aren't M mirrors. The top piece is not what makes an M mirror an M mirror.

The M mirror design changes with time and application, but they have been differentiated from series vehicles for much of its recent history.

The M5 has had different side mirrors than the standard 5er since the Model Year 1993 "facelift" of the E34 M5.

E39. The trend continued henceforth.

E60/E61.

F10.

The M6 has had different side mirrors than the standard 6er since the E63/E64.

F06/F12/F13.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #411
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
The M5 and M6 have had different mirrors than the series cars for quite some time now. M specific and designed by BMW M.

They haven't had the dual prongs since the E34 but that doesn't mean they aren't M mirrors. The top piece is not what makes an M mirror an M mirror.

The M mirror design changes with time and application, but they have been differentiated from series vehicles for much of its recent history.

The M5 has had different side mirrors than the standard 5er since the Model Year 1993 "facelift" of the E34 M5.

E39. The trend continued henceforth.
Missing he's point. No one said M5/M6 didn't have their own mirrors.

People are talking about specifically the M mirrors on M3/4s with the "bridge" and the only reason they expect to have it is because the 1M got it from the M3.

Sure, make a big deal out of every single thing the M2 "could have had" and complain about how M has lost it's way and lost the tradition. Still doesn't change the fact this car could be one of the best car M has ever produced.

Edit: Scott26 mentioned the reason M2 didn't get the M3/4 mirrors is because of the cost which is fine, since I'm sure most would rather them spend the money on more important things and keep the msrp at a reasonable level (which if rumors are true, it is)
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #412
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_Hoonigan View Post

People are talking about specifically the M mirrors on M3/4s with the "bridge" and the only reason they expect to have it is because the 1M got it from the M3.

Sure, make a big deal out of every single thing the M2 "could have had" and complain about how M has lost it's way and lost the tradition. Still doesn't change the fact this car could be one of the best car M has ever produced.

Edit: Scott26 mentioned the reason M2 didn't get the M3/4 mirrors is because of the cost which is fine, since I'm sure most would rather them spend the money on more important things and keep the msrp at a reasonable level (which if rumors are true, it is)
Yeah. I think anyone who has ever complained about the M3/4/5/6 becoming luxo-barges and losing what M stood for should absolutely love this car. I was one of those pissed at all the things this car was missing, but that was before I saw the proposed price tag. I completely assumed they were going to price this thing at $55k to start.
      10-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #413
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

The point is, people are referring to M mirrors. The "bridge" is just a means to an end, but "bridge" and M mirror are not mutually inclusive
From the renders, yes the "bridge" is certainly implied.
But that doesn't mean there can't be an M mirror designed without the bridge, a la F10 M5, E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 M3, etc.

People aren't nitpicking the "bridge" as some make it out to be.
That's not the tradition people are referring to.
The referenced tradition is that there is a specially designed mirror for the M cars, the "bridge" be damned.
So the problem people have is that the M2 mirror is identical to the dumbo ears of the series vehicles.
Let's not make it about the bridge, its about the mirror itself.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #414
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
As a Russian speaker, this both amused and confused me.
Yeah didn't know if google translate was just translating it weird or the guy is a wack job.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 04:14 PM   #415
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
Quote:

The point is, people are referring to M mirrors. The "bridge" is just a means to an end, but "bridge" and M mirror are not mutually inclusive
But that doesn't mean there can't be an M mirror designed without the bridge, a la F10 M5, E60 M5, E39 M5, E46 M3, etc.

The referenced tradition is that there is a specially designed mirror for the M cars, the "bridge" be damned.
So the problem people have is that the M2 mirror is identical to the dumbo ears of the series vehicles.
I was talking about that piece that almost connects. This is what people have been talking about as it was all over the renders. I never said the M5 and M6 didn't have m mirrors. I chose my words correctly which is why I specifically said the piece almost connecting on top.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #416
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
I was talking about that piece that connects. This is what people have been talking about as it was all over the renders. I never said the M5 and M6 didn't have m mirrors. I chose my words correctly which is why I specifically said the piece almost connecting on top.
I understand that but the issue at hand is not the piece that connects up top which is why i've referenced examples of instances where one can go about designing an M mirror sans the top piece.

The issue is that they [BMW M] didn't even bother designing one for the M2.
Bridge or no bridge, the mirrors are identical to a 228i. Its not about the bridge.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #417
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Exactly. How about the fact they didn't just throw in a N55 with a tune. It actually got S55 internals, bespoke intake system, additional water radiator, upgraded oil system. To me complaining about mirrors is minor nitpicks. The nuts and bolts of the car are going to produce one hell of a package.

Last edited by hellrotm; 10-14-2015 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #418
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
People are referring to M mirrors.

If that's what you think most people here are complaining about, you haven't been reading through the long pages enough. And I don't blame you, all the complaining gets old.

I get your point about "bespoke" mirrors. (lets call them M bespoke so no confusion) But you can also say that about the engine which is not a S engine and everything else people think the M2 should and must have to be an M car. These things have been discussed to death in the past year in this sub forum.

But again I refer to my last paragraph in my last post.

M2 is the entry level M car at the right size and right power for maximum hooniganism.

Last edited by OG///M; 10-14-2015 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 1