BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Full BMW M2 options / equipment list (+ codes)

08-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #111
wdong
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 30D/ 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
Just went by the dealer to get my M2 configured. The sales guy asked me to confirm all the options and sign the papers.

I agreed with him to buy the dealer demo car (HEA car = Handler-Erst-Ausstattung). So my car needs to be on display at the dealer for one weekend for the official reveal and reception of the M2. I can drive it home Sunday evening.

He couldn't give me an exact date yet, but his BMW order screen stated the production is set for February 2016. Normally it takes about two to three weeks for a new car to get from Germany to Belgium. So I estimate somewhere around the beginning of March I will get my M2. I will check with him from time to time to see if the date changes. You'll be the first to know!

Complete BMW M2 options/equipment list translated by jzmundy and MR.

(STD) means standard. Remember this is for an European spec M2.

Attachment 1260922
Attachment 1260923

thank you for the updates? did you asked your dealer about whether the M2 is limited production or allocation to each region?

i came back from a dealer this morning (Melbourne, Australia), they said it probably limited production like the 1M

can you help to ask your dealer? thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #112
Nexus68
Registered
Rep
Drives: A 45 AMG

Hi guys,

IŽam new in here and I have serious plans to buy a M2.
I found that post in the interior list and have no clue what it is?

8SM - Chassis number visible from the outside

thx for your help.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 06:43 AM   #113
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus68 View Post
Hi guys,

IŽam new in here and I have serious plans to buy a M2.
I found that post in the interior list and have no clue what it is?

8SM - Chassis number visible from the outside

thx for your help.
It just shows your cars vin number thru the windscreen nothing more special then that :-)

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #114
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdong View Post
thank you for the updates? did you asked your dealer about whether the M2 is limited production or allocation to each region?

i came back from a dealer this morning (Melbourne, Australia), they said it probably limited production like the 1M

can you help to ask your dealer? thank you
I hate to be cynical, but you can rarely trust what a dealer tells you about things like this. We get more information through these forums than most dealers get. A dealer only gets information about supply through their allocations, which is a very limited view. They might get feedback from their higher-ups, but even that isn't particularly strong information.

The dealer has a strong incentive to have you believe that the car will be limited. If you believe the car is limited, it creates a sense of urgency, which is sales tactics 101.

There has been no substantiated leaks with regard to production numbers. There are estimates, but that's all. The most significant factor is production capacity. The M2 will be produced at BMW's Leipzig facility, which was recently expanded, but is still suffering from capacity constraints. This facility produces the 2-series Active Tourer, which is (apparently) selling like hotcakes. Speculation is that this will lead to a limited supply of M2 units.

This is materially different than the 1M, which was limited as a matter of decree, rather than supply constraint. It is also speculated that the M2 will see a normal multi-year production run, which will make supply of the M2 much greater than the 1M.

In other words, don't let the dealer sell you on the idea that they should be able to charge MSRP+ for the M2.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #115
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I hate to be cynical, but you can rarely trust what a dealer tells you about things like this. We get more information through these forums than most dealers get. A dealer only gets information about supply through their allocations, which is a very limited view. They might get feedback from their higher-ups, but even that isn't particularly strong information.

The dealer has a strong incentive to have you believe that the car will be limited. If you believe the car is limited, it creates a sense of urgency, which is sales tactics 101.

There has been no substantiated leaks with regard to production numbers. There are estimates, but that's all. The most significant factor is production capacity. The M2 will be produced at BMW's Leipzig facility, which was recently expanded, but is still suffering from capacity constraints. This facility produces the 2-series Active Tourer, which is (apparently) selling like hotcakes. Speculation is that this will lead to a limited supply of M2 units.

This is materially different than the 1M, which was limited as a matter of decree, rather than supply constraint. It is also speculated that the M2 will see a normal multi-year production run, which will make supply of the M2 much greater than the 1M.

In other words, don't let the dealer sell you on the idea that they should be able to charge MSRP+ for the M2.
True! I believe that the M2 will have a massive sales push from BMW. No limitation on numbers, just delivery constraints like with the Cayman GT4. They will just able to produce a X number a year due to limited supply from the factory.

All in all, as a dealer you can explain limited numbers in different ways (it is called sales techniques), but never believe it is "limited" which it will not be.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #116
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Actually the 1M was also limited to supply constraint within the 1 year it was produced. They planned for around 60 cars per month at the factory, which fluctuated based on the demand of the regular 1-series at X1. The only country that had a set number of production cars was the UK which was 450. Every car produced for the UK came tagged with its production number 1-450 on it somewhere.

The M2 will most likely be the same. An estimate of how many they will be wiling to churn out per month, but no max number per market (except maybe the UK again).

The real question is, will they continue production after the 2017 date last seen in the computer system? If not, the M2 may be the next 1M in terms of availability and value.

Last edited by PackPride85; 08-17-2015 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #117
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Actually the 1M was also limited to supply constraint within the 1 year it was produced. They planned for around 60 cars per month at the factory, which fluctuated based on the demand of the regular 1-series at X1. The only country that had a set number of production cars was the UK which was 450. Every car produced for the UK came tagged with its production number 1-450 on it somewhere.

The M2 will most likely be the same. An estimate of how many they will be wiling to churn out per month, but no max number per market (except maybe the UK again).

The real question is, will they continue production after the 2017 date last seen in the computer system? If not, the M2 may be the next 1M in terms of availability and value.
Interesting. I always thought that there was a set number for all regions. Good to know
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #118
wdong
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 30D/ 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:

i definitely believe what you have said!
however, with 2016 M3/M4 lowered its price to compete with C63 AMG S, the fully optioned M2 will be around 120,000 AUD, the M3 is just 139,000 AUD MSRP, i really thinking to get the M3 now!!!

hahaha
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #119
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
however, with 2016 M3/M4 lowered its price to compete with C63 AMG S, the fully optioned M2 will be around 120,000 AUD, the M3 is just 139,000 AUD MSRP, i really thinking to get the M3 now!!!

hahaha
Wtf... Those prices... Just, wtf
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:27 AM   #120
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

hahaha
Yikes! Australia pricing is tough to swallow!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #121
rcoccultwar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 8/15 M2

Quote:

hahaha
Recently told a family friend visiting from Australia who was job hunting here in Canada, paid $26,000Cdn for my FR-S. He couldn't believe it. I mentioned to him later test drove and was looking into a Dodge Viper. Might be wrong but relayed a quote that a brand new 2014 was $80,000Cdn.

Never been to Australia, but is there a reason why new cars are so expensive? North American's might want to be conscious of world pricing. Wouldn't be surprised with how things are going, new car prices will shoot up disproportionately.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #122
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdong

hahaha
This is why I'm pretty disappointed with the M2 from an Australian market perspective. Where is the value with N55 engine, No CF roof and crappy 2 series seats. I may as well pay the extra 20k just get the M3 but the problem for me is its too big for what I want in a drivers car.

It just highlights another factor where we get bent over here in Australia
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 07:20 AM   #123
Aussie_1M_M2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 1M

M2 - options

I just hope that when the official M2 option list is out they include:
* Sunroof (sadly missing off the 1M)
* M Carbon Ceramic Brake System
* Head-Up Display
* Same seats as the M3/4 - the M Seats
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #124
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_1M_M2 View Post
I just hope that when the official M2 option list is out they include:
* Sunroof (sadly missing off the 1M)
* M Carbon Ceramic Brake System
* Head-Up Display
* Same seats as the M3/4 - the M Seats
Hate to repeat this ad nauseum, but:

* Sunroof: It's option 403 on the Euro option list.
* M Carbon Ceramic Brake System: Not happening. There have been no test mules spoted with CCB, it's not on the option list, and it's too high-end of an option for an entry M-car.
* Head-Up Display: The F22 isn't offered with the HUD in any configuration, plus it's not on the option list.
* Same seats as the M3/4 - the M Seats: All test mules have standard Sport Seats with contrast stitching, much like the 1M.

The sooner you adjust your expectations, the less disappointed you'll be. That or it's time to move up the line to the M4.

Last edited by bradleyland; 08-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Corrected sunroof option.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #125
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Hate to repeat this ad nauseum, but:

* Sunroof: It's not on the Euro option list, but it could make it to the US market, IMO.
* M Carbon Ceramic Brake System: Not happening. There have been no test mules spoted with CCB, it's not on the option list, and it's too high-end of an option for an entry M-car.
* Head-Up Display: The F22 isn't offered with the HUD in any configuration, plus it's not on the option list.
* Same seats as the M3/4 - the M Seats: All test mules have standard Sport Seats with contrast stitching, much like the 1M.

The sooner you adjust your expectations, the less disappointed you'll be. That or it's time to move up the line to the M4.
Sunroof is on the option list that leaked - option 403.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #126
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Sunroof is on the option list that leaked - option 403.
Son of a bitch. I read it over three times lol.

Glass roof!

Thanks for the catch
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #127
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdong

hahaha
This is why I'm pretty disappointed with the M2 from an Australian market perspective. Where is the value with N55 engine, No CF roof and crappy 2 series seats. I may as well pay the extra 20k just get the M3 but the problem for me is its too big for what I want in a drivers car.

It just highlights another factor where we get bent over here in Australia
The value is no different. Each market is getting a car with the same major features in the M2 and M4 and the one that costs less has less features on it. It's also readily apparent in pretty much all markets that BMW will definitely get you an M4 (or M3 should you desire ) relatively quickly vs waiting for an M2..

I think we all can agree that the prices Australians pay is far higher than most, however it would cost even more if they made a car differently just for the Aussie market by making an Aussie only s55 powered M2 (oy oy oy! That would be cool though! ) but that dream went by the wayside long ago..

.. All this whining about the n55. Whether it is an S50/s52/n54/n55 etc.. It's an M car and an M motor when BMW puts an M logo on it ...

The " crappy " seats can be retrofit and I am sure you can find a better seat than the ones in the m4 if you pick up an M2 for 20k less right ? Ya could even price a set of M3/M4 buckets and have the dealer drop them in for you if you really want..!

If the cf roof or the ceramic brakes are what you gotta have then you need to start taking to your dealer about making you a screaming deal on an M4.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #128
SliChillax
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: Ex BMW owner, will return soon

Garage List
Quote:
Although you're right about everything, I don't agree with this "it's not high end enough for ceramics" mentality. The new Audi RS3 is offered with ceramics and it's based on the A3... which is based on a Golf. I'm not saying the M2 will have ceramics but if it did, it wouldn't be weird.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #129
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliChillax View Post
Although you're right about everything, I don't agree with this "it's not high end enough for ceramics" mentality. The new Audi RS3 is offered with ceramics and it's based on the A3... which is based on a Golf. I'm not saying the M2 will have ceramics but if it did, it wouldn't be weird.
Yeah, to be clear, I don't think it would be weird either, but this appears to be the reasoning presented as to why the car won't have them. I'm not sure if there's actual insider information that supports it, but the most common argument seems to be that BMW want to keep the M2 a safe distance from the M4. The lack of a CCB option helps create that distance.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #130
Squddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

Are there any details about what makes the engine special?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #131
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post

Complete BMW M2 options/equipment list translated by jzmundy and MR.

(STD) means standard. Remember this is for an European spec M2.

Attachment 1260922
Attachment 1260923

Still hoping for red or orange seats in the M2.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #132
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squddie View Post
Are there any details about what makes the engine special?
Yes, the car it sits in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8rGrl View Post
Still hoping for red or orange seats in the M2.
You are going to be disappointed.
Appreciate 0