BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Not happy with Remus exhaust sound

03-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
bmwfan1234
Private
Rep
Drives: M2c, X3M

Not happy with Remus exhaust sound

I'm running a full Remus Race (including mid pipes) and it just doesn't sound good. My old M4 used to crackle on overrun with an MPE, this just doesn't do it.

I am still running OPF, is it worth removing these for straight pipes? Or should i try a different exhaust first?
I'm not looking for a quiet exhaust, and i'm running stage 1 tune so no issues with cel.
Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 06:08 AM   #2
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan1234 View Post
I'm running a full Remus Race (including mid pipes) and it just doesn't sound good. My old M4 used to crackle on overrun with an MPE, this just doesn't do it.

I am still running OPF, is it worth removing these for straight pipes? Or should i try a different exhaust first?
I'm not looking for a quiet exhaust, and i'm running stage 1 tune so no issues with cel.
Any help is appreciated.
AA Midpipe
Remus Race Back
No OPF
Catless DPs

Best an M2C is gonna sound imo
Remember, despite how fun the car is, it will never sound objectively "good" simply due to the engine setup
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #3
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
AA Midpipe
Remus Race Back
No OPF
Catless DPs

Remember, despite how fun the car is, it will never sound objectively "good" simply due to the engine setup
Wow. I have AA mid and Remus Race Rear and it is pretty loud to me. Cold start is amazing but my neighbor won't love it.

I imagine with catless DPs it is not subtle!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:

Any help is appreciated.
I'm not terribly familiar with OPF since we don't have it in US. Is it not part of the mid-pipe? One key difference with AA mid is that it is a single large pipe vs two on the Remus mid.

Sound wise, I am happy with the AA Mid and Remus Race rear though I might have been better off with Remus Sport rear and the AA Mid. I don't this the Remus rear is your issue. Probably the mid and maybe OPF.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #5
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got f1? View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
AA Midpipe
Remus Race Back
No OPF
Catless DPs

Wow. I have AA mid and Remus Race Rear and it is pretty loud to me. Cold start is amazing but my neighbor won't love it.

I imagine with catless DPs it is not subtle!
I've only heard the setup once in person, but I don't have it.

My M2C is AA midpipe and catless w/stock Axelback
Even that is astronomically loud when you're on it, but the tone could be better
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:

Any help is appreciated.
Add the Active Autowerke midpipe to your REMUS exhaust

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #7
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Your problem are the OPFs, not the Remus. If you remove them maybe you will desire a center resonator.
Appreciate 0