BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tracking the global pandemic

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1162
Rep
1,414
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Tracking the global pandemic

US has more than 3,000 cases
UK deaths double in the last 24 hours
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
US has more than 3,000 cases
UK deaths double in the last 24 hours
Italy ...

Just heard Italy is refusing people older than 60 in their hospitals !
Hospitals are overloaded while they count already 1810 deaths from 24,747 cases !
I'm lost in words it's a disaster !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1162
Rep
1,414
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Italy ...

Just heard Italy is refusing people older than 60 in their hospitals !
Hospitals are overloaded while they count already 1810 deaths from 24,747 cases !
I'm lost in words it's a disaster !!!
Italy's mortality rate is over 7.3%....this is unprecedented and significantly exceeds the US mortality rates.

Wowie - this is frightful. We are self-quarantining and have taken very hard steps to distance ourselves from our beloved grandchildren during this time.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Wife is working from home for the time being and like you racerbruce we are sort of self quarantining now and are deciding if our daughter is going to school tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Italy ...

Just heard Italy is refusing people older than 60 in their hospitals !
Hospitals are overloaded while they count already 1810 deaths from 24,747 cases !
I'm lost in words it's a disaster !!!
Ferrari at Maranello has completely shut down, no road cars being produced or F1 work happening at all.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 04:25 PM   #6
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Ferrari at Maranello has completely shut down, no road cars being produced or F1 work happening at all.
Indeed my friend . I saw it earlier today => https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...nello-factory/
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Wife is working from home for the time being and like you racerbruce we are sort of self quarantining now and are deciding if our daughter is going to school tomorrow.
Don't let your daughter going at school . Over here in Belgium 11 toddlers got the virus !
Here => https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland...smet~a0a756d3/
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 04:35 PM   #8
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Don't let your daughter going at school . Over here in Belgium 11 toddlers got the virus !
Here => https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland...smet~a0a756d3/
I don't think we will, she also uses public transport to get to school 4 miles away.
We have stacked up with food here and at my mum's and sister's house for when the virus will 'peak' soon when all shops and schools will be shut.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 04:52 PM   #9
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Don't let your daughter going at school . Over here in Belgium 11 toddlers got the virus !
Here => https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland...smet~a0a756d3/
How are you going to spend the week my friend, I gather you may well be going in to the works as you are running things there, you for sure will be taking all the usual precautions to minimise any risk there.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2020, 05:17 PM   #10
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1162
Rep
1,414
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
How are you going to spend the week my friend, I gather you may well be going in to the works as you are running things there, you for sure will be taking all the usual precautions to minimise any risk there.
So great the celebration was rich!

Making the harder decisions to limit the risk is really the best choice right now, like school, etc.

We are hopeful that our decisions to limit exposure will help prevent sickness.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2020, 06:43 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
How are you going to spend the week my friend, I gather you may well be going in to the works as you are running things there, you for sure will be taking all the usual precautions to minimise any risk there.
Yes my friend . I have to work , because of my responsibility at the company .
Next week from tomorrow I work in PM/Shift because it's a 24/7 company .

More bad news about Corona Covid-19 :

Scientists discovered that the Corona virus is mutated when it came from China to Europe .
This means the Chinese Corona Covid-19 was named type "S" and is mutated in Europe in type "L"
Because 70% of sequenced SARS-CoV-2 genomes belong to L, the newer L type, that virus has evolved (mutated) to become more deadly and to spread faster.
The L-type disaster we can see grow in Italy and Spain ...

I personally saw the last days a lot of conspiracy theories ...
I never believed in such a BS .But I start to think the worldwide deadly situations are not normal anymore , I mean it's not a natural seasons virus like the flu .But they first told us , it was like the flu . That was BS !
As we know such deadly smart-viruses are man-made in labs !
I really hope my statement is/was wrong ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 03:08 AM   #12
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes my friend . I have to work , because of my responsibility at the company .
Next week from tomorrow I work in PM/Shift because it's a 24/7 company .

More bad news about Corona Covid-19 :

Scientists discovered that the Corona virus is mutated when it came from China to Europe .
This means the Chinese Corona Covid-19 was named type "S" and is mutated in Europe in type "L"
Because 70% of sequenced SARS-CoV-2 genomes belong to L, the newer L type, that virus has evolved (mutated) to become more deadly and to spread faster.
The L-type disaster we can see grow in Italy and Spain ...

I personally saw the last days a lot of conspiracy theories ...
I never believed in such a BS .But I start to think the worldwide deadly situations are not normal anymore , I mean it's not a natural seasons virus like the flu .But they first told us , it was like the flu . That was BS !
As we know such deadly smart-viruses are man-made in labs !
I really hope my statement is/was wrong ...
It's not that dissimilar to aids (what Freddie Mercury died from), except easier to pass on through being too close to others,sneezing and touching handles etc.
I certainly hope you are wrong about this more concentrate L-type thing and take care in your work place as I'm sure you will.
Out daughter staying put at home, we don't care what government says.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #13
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
So great the celebration was rich!

Making the harder decisions to limit the risk is really the best choice right now, like school, etc.

We are hopeful that our decisions to limit exposure will help prevent sickness.
We're following your advice and doing the right thing.
Pics will follow of the 'feast' and presents but not now.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 05:51 AM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It's not that dissimilar to aids (what Freddie Mercury died from), except easier to pass on through being too close to others,sneezing and touching handles etc.
I certainly hope you are wrong about this more concentrate L-type thing and take care in your work place as I'm sure you will.
Out daughter staying put at home, we don't care what government says.
My friend you took the right decision to keep your daughter at home

About the coronavirus 2 SARS-CoV-2 (L-Type) => https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...-overinterpret
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #15
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend you took the right decision to keep your daughter at home

About the coronavirus 2 SARS-CoV-2 (L-Type) => https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...-overinterpret
Very technical piece but I got the gist of it...Africa has it now so the pressure is on the medical scientists find the vaccine,I read a form of it has been tested successfully on mice and will be trialled on affected persons in June.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 05:47 PM   #16
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Very technical piece but I got the gist of it...Africa has it now so the pressure is on the medical scientists find the vaccine,I read a form of it has been tested successfully on mice and will be trialled on affected persons in June.
Just back home from work . Empty roads ! I never seen this before , the situation looks unreal !
At work : Don't go in a room where another person is ...Every visitor in our company must wear a mask , otherwise acces is refused !
Empty food stores ....

I expect a complete lockdown soon !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #17
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
1162
Rep
1,414
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Wowie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Just back home from work . Empty roads ! I never seen this before , the situation looks unreal !
At work : Don't go in a room where another person is ...Every visitor in our company must wear a mask , otherwise acces is refused !
Empty food stores ....

I expect a complete lockdown soon !!!
Such a sight it must be to find hardly any traffic and people....and the "run" on food stores is just incredible.

We went to one of our local food stores at 630 am this morning and it was BUSY....it's a 24/7 market chain of stores and the number of staff that were stocking shelves was unreal....there must have been a crew of at least 25. We were able to purchase fresh product (fruit, vegetables, etc) with everything still available; we bought for a two week period, anticipating the imminent decrease in goods and services; all restaurants have been ordered to close down; our state is restricting gatherings to 50 people (probably reducing to 10 people very soon); every day there are additional restrictions and closures.

Health officials say "rapid and widespread infection" is imminent.

Stay safe in Belgium.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #18
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Just back home from work . Empty roads ! I never seen this before , the situation looks unreal !
At work : Don't go in a room where another person is ...Every visitor in our company must wear a mask , otherwise acces is refused !
Empty food stores ....

I expect a complete lockdown soon !!!
Thats the way to do it, masks,and keep the distance.
All our food stores are bulging with everything like where Racerbruce's is!
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #19
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Such a sight it must be to find hardly any traffic and people....and the "run" on food stores is just incredible.

We went to one of our local food stores at 630 am this morning and it was BUSY....it's a 24/7 market chain of stores and the number of staff that were stocking shelves was unreal....there must have been a crew of at least 25. We were able to purchase fresh product (fruit, vegetables, etc) with everything still available; we bought for a two week period, anticipating the imminent decrease in goods and services; all restaurants have been ordered to close down; our state is restricting gatherings to 50 people (probably reducing to 10 people very soon); every day there are additional restrictions and closures.

Health officials say "rapid and widespread infection" is imminent.

Stay safe in Belgium.
I see . I stored also a food supply for +/- 1 month (but I always have food supply) As for my fresh meat , I order always at my local butcher .
Marc is my butcher in our little village . He's actually a friend , because I know him already from high school .

About the empty roads today :
So yeah the roads are empty by the virus . But hey ! Our mobile speed cams were still present and well hidden on my way to work .
Like usual I was alone in my car . Well , I said loud at that moment when I saw the speed cams ..."You guys are f@cking unbelievable" !
Belgium ....Ohhhhh man !

It's always a pleasure to speak with you . Stay safe too, and healthy !
Thank you my friend
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2020, 08:06 PM   #20
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Thats the way to do it, masks,and keep the distance.
All our food stores are bulging with everything like where Racerbruce's is!
That's like it was here 2 weeks ago in our food stores . But now the last 2-3 days the virus really approached us !
This weekend only children and people between 30-50 are hit by the virus .
It's very clear the virus is mutated and more dangerous . That's why people buy food supply like crazy .
Specialists took here a scan from the lungs from a man of 30 . He was very short of breath . I saw the scan foto , his lungs were filled for 80 % with fluid and infection , he was only 4 days sick !
Later this evening I heard that he died (May he RIP) It's a disaster !


At work the peoples behavior is completely changed . They are aware of the invisible danger .
My friend stay safe and healthy , also your family
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 03:56 AM   #21
M5theonlyone
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
3402
Rep
3,239
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's like it was here 2 weeks ago in our food stores . But now the last 2-3 days the virus really approached us !
This weekend only children and people between 30-50 are hit by the virus .
It's very clear the virus is mutated and more dangerous . That's why people buy food supply like crazy .
Specialists took here a scan from the lungs from a man of 30 . He was very short of breath . I saw the scan foto , his lungs were filled for 80 % with fluid and infection , he was only 4 days sick !
Later this evening I heard that he died (May he RIP) It's a disaster !


At work the peoples behavior is completely changed . They are aware of the invisible danger .
My friend stay safe and healthy , also your family
Thank you and to your family and close ones with best regards to your uncle.
Over here everyone seems to be on the roads, no let up.
It is said that it'll be better with warmer weather coming,15C with sun today and there's no reason for us not to be in our garden enjoying the outdoor in our controlled environment getting garden and lawn into shape after winter messed it up,then afterwards soaking in our 40C temp hot tub and of course not forgetting to having a burn in the M on my well known camera free roads when traffic calms down,can't wait
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #22
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
20369
Rep
11,970
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Thank you and to your family and close ones with best regards to your uncle.
Over here everyone seems to be on the roads, no let up.
It is said that it'll be better with warmer weather coming,15C with sun today and there's no reason for us not to be in our garden enjoying the outdoor in our controlled environment getting garden and lawn into shape after winter messed it up,then afterwards soaking in our 40C temp hot tub and of course not forgetting to having a burn in the M on my well known camera free roads when traffic calms down,can't wait
Yes my friend . I heard that as well , if the temps. are warmer the virus would disappear .
But as we know , in Italy and Spain it's always warmer (this week 20C) And look what is going on ...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-17-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST