BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro Kit with Mystery Plug Dangling

02-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
supra0083
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Sunset Orange

Garage List
Eibach Pro Kit with Mystery Plug Dangling

I got a used 2019 with only 2400 miles on it just a few weeks back and started to discover more and more things on the car. It was purchased from an authorized BMW dealer. My friend noticed the car seems lower than usual, so I crawled under and see that Eibach Pro Kit was installed. I never drove a stock suspension one before, so although it felt stiff, it is livable and I get use to it. Now my main concern is that I see that in the right rear suspension, there is a bundle of zip tie with an unplugged electrical connector and I have no idea what that is. I am not sure if it is due to the work related to the Eibach install like forget to plug it back in and just zip tie it. It is not the exhaust flag plug since that was there. Hope someone has done DIY on the Eibach can shed some light on it. Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
supra0083
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Kind of resolved

I think I figured it out. The previous owner ised a splitter cable on the exhaust flap plug from the driver side, so the driver side control both exhaust flap controllers. Hence there is a dangling one on the passenger side. Is the OEM one control the flap individually?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra0083 View Post
I think I figured it out. The previous owner ised a splitter cable on the exhaust flap plug from the driver side, so the driver side control both exhaust flap controllers. Hence there is a dangling one on the passenger side. Is the OEM one control the flap individually?
Previous owner had an aftermarket exhaust that used two valve motors. Stock exhaust uses one valve.

He Probably has the M Performance exhaust. See if your stock exhaust has a clamp near the rear muffler and that will tell you where it was cut and clamped back on when he sold the car
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #4
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Previous owner had an aftermarket exhaust that used two valve motors. Stock exhaust uses one valve.
Do M2C's only have one valve? I thought they had two?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Do M2C's only have one valve? I thought they had two?
you're correct. I missed that OP said he had a 2019. 2 valves on the M2C stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #6
supra0083
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My best guess now is that the previous owner had an aftermarket flap controller and he took it off and just plug it back in to OEM on 1 side. I just put everything back to OEM location and seems working fine. Thanks for all the input.
Appreciate 0