BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Now for the wait...

02-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #89
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Oh man i just went through this wait last week. Granted mine was being transported from Illinois to CA but still. It took a good week and a half to get here.
Flybigjet and I somehow don't have too much sympathy for your week and a half wait

Congrats though on the car! Can't wait to get in the driver's seat.
Appreciate 1
xxyion759.00
      02-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #90
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Nope. Nada. Still showing at the port in Europe.

Texted my SA today and he says he sees the same thing on his big BMW computer.

Specifically, he texted back: "Still shows at port on my end. Once it’s on a ship then I will get a route time but until then, we’re in limbo."

R.
So my car is now 'in transit' on a ship (shows up on the tracker too) . My SA said it apparently left yesterday, so it's on its way!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #91
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
So my car is now 'in transit' on a ship (shows up on the tracker too) . My SA said it apparently left yesterday, so it's on its way!
Our cars must literally be next to each other!

I checked after I read your post, and mine is "In Transit" as well!

Wohoo!

R.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #92
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Our cars must literally be next to each other!

I checked after I read your post, and mine is "In Transit" as well!

Wohoo!

R.
Congrats! Yeah, they are going to keep each other company the whole way.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #93
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Flybigjet and I somehow don't have too much sympathy for your week and a half wait

Congrats though on the car! Can't wait to get in the driver's seat.
Haha yeah true. Thanks though the car is a blast. But it sounds like your cars are well on their way. SHouldnt be too much longer now!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 06:39 PM   #94
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

My SA just contacted me.

Car is supposed to hit the port in Cali on 3/24.

Then, about 7 business days to get to CO.

Then 1-2 business days for prep, depending on when it arrives at the dealership.

Which means (drum roll please.....)..... the car is looking like it will be available for delivery the day AFTER I leave for vacation!!!!!

Of course, the coronavirus might taco the vacation, so it's going to be..... interesting.

Right now, Micronesia is completely shut down-- you can't get to any of the islands unless you wait two weeks in Guam. And, the dive boat I'm supposed to be on in Truk Lagoon may be bankrupt by then-- things aren't looking good at all!

Worst case if I do go somewhere, the dealer has off-site covered storage that the car can sit in for a while.

R.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #95
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
My SA just contacted me.

Then 1-2 business days for prep, depending on when it arrives at the dealership.

Which means (drum roll please.....)..... the car is looking like it will be available for delivery the day AFTER I leave for vacation!!!!!

Of course, the coronavirus might taco the vacation, so it's going to be..... interesting.

Right now, Micronesia is completely shut down-- you can't get to any of the islands unless you wait two weeks in Guam. And, the dive boat I'm supposed to be on in Truk Lagoon may be bankrupt by then-- things aren't looking good at all!

Worst case if I do go somewhere, the dealer has off-site covered storage that the car can sit in for a while.

R.
Oof! That sucks, man (on all accounts). Maybe you can wire the captain some money and get him to step on the gas a little bit...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #96
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
My SA just contacted me.

R.
Damn that sucks. No, not off site (more miles on the M). Tell his to keep it on-site and close by locked up with a bit red sign "SOLD. DO NOT DRIVE"
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #97
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Damn that sucks. No, not off site (more miles on the M). Tell his to keep it on-site and close by locked up with a bit red sign "SOLD. DO NOT DRIVE"
We discussed this-- it's only about two miles away, so no biggie.

And, I've instructed them to not even take the transport plastic off, so it's not something that they'll want sitting on the floor.

I might get lucky by a day-- we'll see.

R.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #98
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
We discussed this-- it's only about two miles away, so no biggie.

And, I've instructed them to not even take the transport plastic off, so it's not something that they'll want sitting on the floor.

I might get lucky by a day-- we'll see.

R.
Got it!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #99
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

This wait is killing me.

It feels like the days are dragging on...I feel like I've read every thread and gone through every site for parts that I can now. Anyone got any suggestions to get through the rest of this wait?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #100
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This wait is killing me.

It feels like the days are dragging on...I feel like I've read every thread and gone through every site for parts that I can now. Anyone got any suggestions to get through the rest of this wait?
At the end of the day, you have to remember that it's just a car.

I'm keeping myself occupied-- upgrades, FAA check rides, learning how to do a different job to the best of my abilities, watching both my brother-in-law and "adopted" father circle the drain on hospice care, talking to work about taking time off once they pass away, trying to figure out what to do on vacation next month since I can't get to Micronesia due to this virus.

You know-- life.

.... and also taking a pretty significant pay cut due to the coronavirus insanity that's making everyone act like this is the zombie apocalypse.

I don't think I'll lose my job (I HOPE), but the effects from this virus will affect my pay and quality of life for at least a year-- and depending on how it impacts our contract negotiations (bad timing, that), maybe even five-six-or seven more years.

So, if nothing else, this has given me some perspective-- it's just a car (although a very nice one-- and I'm VERY glad I pulled money for it out of my investments before things went off a cliff)-- and it'll get here when it gets here.

Take a breath. Live your life. Put the car on the back burner. It'll be here soon enough.

Just my 0.03.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 06:36 PM   #101
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

MY20 M2C BSM- has Expel Ultimate Plus PPF installed before even left the dealer. Don't take a chance with rocks hitting your front bumper. You will have to pay to have them repaired and then PPF install on top of chips.

Here is mine-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #102
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I'm keeping myself occupied-- upgrades, FAA check rides, learning how to do a different job to the best of my abilities, watching both my brother-in-law and "adopted" father circle the drain on hospice care, talking to work about taking time off once they pass away, trying to figure out what to do on vacation next month since I can't get to Micronesia due to this virus.

You know-- life.

.... and also taking a pretty significant pay cut due to the coronavirus insanity that's making everyone act like this is the zombie apocalypse.

I don't think I'll lose my job (I HOPE), but the effects from this virus will affect my pay and quality of life for at least a year-- and depending on how it impacts our contract negotiations (bad timing, that), maybe even five-six-or seven more years.

So, if nothing else, this has given me some perspective-- it's just a car (although a very nice one-- and I'm VERY glad I pulled money for it out of my investments before things went off a cliff)-- and it'll get here when it gets here.

Take a breath. Live your life. Put the car on the back burner. It'll be here soon enough.

Just my 0.03.

R.
Thanks, you helped bring some good perspective to this conversation. At the end of the day it really is just a thing. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with such uncertainty in so many areas of your life. I hope things improve soon and thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #103
newcar55
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
MY20 M2C BSM- has Expel Ultimate Plus PPF installed before even left the dealer. Don't take a chance with rocks hitting your front bumper. You will have to pay to have them repaired and then PPF install on top of chips.

Here is mine-
How much of the car did you wrap?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 08:54 PM   #104
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcar55 View Post
Quote:

Here is mine-
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcar55 View Post
Quote:

Here is mine-
$2500-
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 08:51 AM   #105
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

Quote:

You know-- life.

Just my 0.03.

R.
X1000 on this. I'm actually getting the M2C in part because life is too short. Had a few people die at 60 around me (I'm pushing 40) so that gives you a new perspective as well. If corona drags on past June/July it will definitely hurt my finances as well.
      03-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #106
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Sorry to hear about all the troubles life is throwing at you. This virus has not helped at all. Hopefully this still means you guys can own this car still and hopefully it will be at least somewhat of a shining light in the dark.

Yes its just a material item, however sometimes the material items can make dealing with things out of our control a bit easier. Its why i play video games regularly.

Either way i still hope you guys get your cars soon and when you do, you enjoy the hell out of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #107
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Sorry to hear about all the troubles life is throwing at you. This virus has not helped at all. Hopefully this still means you guys can own this car still and hopefully it will be at least somewhat of a shining light in the dark.

Yes its just a material item, however sometimes the material items can make dealing with things out of our control a bit easier. Its why i play video games regularly.

Either way i still hope you guys get your cars soon and when you do, you enjoy the hell out of them.
Some good points there and also great well wishes to the folks here in the forums. It's much appreciated and I agree with your sentiment towards those going through these crazy/hard times.
Appreciate 0