BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > APEX | NEW 19” EC-7 & SM-10 M2 & M2 Competition Wheels

10-23-2019, 04:59 AM   #199
CrazyK
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAggie View Post
Wheels and tires on with the 265/295 R888r setup. Definitely happy with the look and happy about the tire size. However, my goal was to acquire wheels that provided the contact patch I was looking for without spacers which these wheels do not achieve since I have the M Performance coilovers. Can't win them all I guess.
Thanks for sharing the photos! The car came out great with the Anthracite wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2C View Post
Expert@ApexRaceParts any plans on any other M2C specific setup that doesnt require spacers and that is lighter than this EC7 setup? Been waiting for you guys to launch something else Competition specific.

This is a great question. Just to clarify, the 19x9.5" ET28 EC-7 does not require spacers when used with stock suspension or lowering springs. Spacers are only needed when using certain adjustable coilovers like KW, Öhlins, or the BMW M Performance kit which is made by KW.

To avoid spacers with the setups mentioned above, the 19x9.5" ET22 can be used, but it will require camber plates and around -2.0º or more of front negative camber in order to clear.

Coilovers can be used with the ET28 without spacers with the correct spring configuration. This means a short linear main spring without helper springs, and a smaller strut body diameter which can be found on dampers from JRZ (we sell these), MCS, Moton, etc.

--Dylan
I am using lowering springs Kw Has kit and my set up requires spacers. I am running 5mm all round. 2.1 front with 265r888r is rubbing right now.

Which suspension to use in order to get rid of spacers?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #200
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_73 View Post
I was glad to help.
Front wheel ET28 J9.5
Thanks.
Thanks Champ!!
I am going to order the 22 and know for sure I can get away without running a spacer.
I assume you have zero rubbing on the front when you were running 7.5mm spacer.

BTW how much are you lowered by.
Thanks once again for all you help and input
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #201
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
I am using lowering springs Kw Has kit and my set up requires spacers. I am running 5mm all round. 2.1 front with 265r888r is rubbing right now.

Which suspension to use in order to get rid of spacers?
I think Carbon_73 is getting away with no rub due to him
running camber plates
maybe he can chime in and comment.
but either you way lower than he is and with a 5mm spacer you at ET 23.

can you run the with no spacer and have enough clearance on Strut?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #202
mcgarnigle
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
Thanks Champ!!
I am going to order the 22 and know for sure I can get away without running a spacer.
I assume you have zero rubbing on the front when you were running 7.5mm spacer.

BTW how much are you lowered by.
Thanks once again for all you help and input
I'm running the +28 front with a 7.5mm spacer with 265/30 r888r's.

Mperformance coilovers and tck plates.

-3.2 degrees negative camber.

No rubbing inside or outside.
Appreciate 1
whoop_ass355.00
      10-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #203
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnigle View Post
I'm running the +28 front with a 7.5mm spacer with 265/30 r888r's.

Mperformance coilovers and tck plates.

-3.2 degrees negative camber.

No rubbing inside or outside.
Awesome and thanks for your info!
Exactly what I have been saying you can get away with going with
the ET22 wheel but i think camber plates are a must to clear the fender.

Waiting Patiently for Apex to release the EC-7R in 19"

hurry up already APEX!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #204
CrazyK
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think Carbon_73 is getting away with no rub due to him
running camber plates
maybe he can chime in and comment.
but either you way lower than he is and with a 5mm spacer you at ET 23.

can you run the with no spacer and have enough clearance on Strut?
Can not, this is causing the issue...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #205
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyK View Post
Can not, this is causing the issue...
Get some camber plate's on there or go with Ohlins or a coil over with a 60mm spring, should help with more clearance
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #206
CrazyK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Get some camber plate's on there or go with Ohlins or a coil over with a 60mm spring, should help with more clearance
Ohlins is the plan for the next season, we have tough winter with snow)))
Hope I will have the perfect clearance because I am rubbing hard on the front right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #207
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

About to buy some EC-7's. Any news potential for another group buy or forum member code?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #208
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Thanks for sharing the photos! The car came out great with the Anthracite wheels.

This is a great question. Just to clarify, the 19x9.5" ET28 EC-7 does not require spacers when used with stock suspension or lowering springs. Spacers are only needed when using certain adjustable coilovers like KW, Öhlins, or the BMW M Performance kit which is made by KW.

To avoid spacers with the setups mentioned above, the 19x9.5" ET22 can be used, but it will require camber plates and around -2.0º or more of front negative camber in order to clear.

Coilovers can be used with the ET28 without spacers with the correct spring configuration. This means a short linear main spring without helper springs, and a smaller strut body diameter which can be found on dampers from JRZ (we sell these), MCS, Moton, etc.

--Dylan
What spacer size would you recommend to clear Ohlins for the front and rear?

Also, any pics of folks using these wheels with 255/35 - 275/35 street tires?
      12-17-2019, 01:38 PM   #209
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
What spacer size would you recommend to clear Ohlins for the front and rear?

Also, any pics of folks using these wheels with 255/35 - 275/35 street tires?
You may be able to get away with 3mm spacers with 255 tires, but 5mm may be required depending on ride height.

We don't have any photos yet of that particular tire combo, but I'd also be prepared to dial in about -2º of front camber to ensure clearance with the spacers added.

--Dylan
      02-10-2020, 03:36 AM   #210
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

Planning on running 19 ec-7 with street tyres pss/ps4s. 265/30 front and 285/30 rear. Anyone running this with lowering springs for example H&R 30mm front and 20mm rear?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:57 AM   #211
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsturbo View Post
Planning on running 19 ec-7 with street tyres pss/ps4s. 265/30 front and 285/30 rear. Anyone running this with lowering springs for example H&R 30mm front and 20mm rear?
ye i don't see a problem as the issue comes with the spring perch of the coilover kits, stock strut has plenty space and with going with a shorter 30 profile tire it fits no problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:19 PM   #212
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
About to buy some EC-7's. Any news potential for another group buy or forum member code?
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 09:30 PM   #213
Elvis725
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0butt View Post
+1
I’d be interested also
Appreciate 1
MikeD943.00
      05-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #214
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
Here you go! Will give it an actual wash and remove the 5mm spacers in the rear later when I swap pads out this week
What suspension are you running here? Any spacers on the front? I'll be running the same wheel/tire setup, most likely with Ohlins. Hoping to avoid needing spacers.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #215
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
Here you go! Will give it an actual wash and remove the 5mm spacers in the rear later when I swap pads out this week
What suspension are you running here? Any spacers on the front? I'll be running the same wheel/tire setup, most likely with Ohlins. Hoping to avoid needing spacers.
I'm running kw v3's here. Even with ET28 and camber, due to the wider kw struts, I still need to run 5mm spacers here to be safe with the wider 255 RE71 tires.
Appreciate 1
Montaver2066.50
      05-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #216
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Updated picture for the wheel reference.
Running 255/275 combo as suggested in the original post for RE-71R.
Suspension is M Performance.

Appreciate 2
Montaver2066.50
F80_Katz760.00
      05-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #217
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Man Apex really dropped the ball on this wheel release from the get go. It should not take 10 pages of posts to decipher what works and what doesnt. First they say camber plates are needed, then they kind of back pedal and say well dont need them. Then you got a whole butt load of people needing to run spacers on these so called M2 specific wheels. This is a joke. If you want to offer a wheel set up that would work on the M2/M2C fine. But don't say as if it its custom built for the M2 when you gotta run camber plates and/or spacers to get things not to rub of suspension components or the actual damn sheetmetal of the car. If you are having issues with the front, offer a half inch narrower wheel with a custom offset that will work without any camber plates or spacers for stock or modestly lowered set ups. I'm suprised no one has the balls to say it like it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #218
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
Man Apex really dropped the ball on this wheel release from the get go. It should not take 10 pages of posts to decipher what works and what doesnt. First they say camber plates are needed, then they kind of back pedal and say well dont need them. Then you got a whole butt load of people needing to run spacers on these so called M2 specific wheels. This is a joke. If you want to offer a wheel set up that would work on the M2/M2C fine. But don't say as if it its custom built for the M2 when you gotta run camber plates and/or spacers to get things not to rub of suspension components or the actual damn sheetmetal of the car. If you are having issues with the front, offer a half inch narrower wheel with a custom offset that will work without any camber plates or spacers for stock or modestly lowered set ups. I'm suprised no one has the balls to say it like it is.
all depends on tire/tire size selection and suspension. keep in mind that not all 255 (or whatever size you choose) tires are the same actual width. some run wider than others.

no issues here with MPerf Suspension running on 255/275 RE-71R. no camber plates. no spacers.
Appreciate 1
F80_Katz760.00
      05-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #219
F80_Katz
F80_Katz
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 Bmw E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I ran these wheels just fine. No camber plates, no spacers, just lowered on H&R springs. With pretty wide tires too, 265/305. Also ran 255/295. The fitment and quality is spot on. For the price you can't really beat them.

That being said, the real issue is how available they are. Back ordered with a couple month wait usually turns people off. I'd get another set just for the hell of it if they were in stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 11:43 AM   #220
Mdkcrf250r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. Try to get any other wheel company to reply to the constant asks and questions of random forum members. Not to mention this pandemic thing happening. There are a lot of different options depending on your wants/needs. Suspension set up/brand, ride height, tire model, offset, wheel width, square, staggered, track, street, tire width, profile size. They're trying to get as much rubber under the fenders as possible and that means possible fitment issues if you have an uncommon setup. If you can't figure it out, let me know what wheels you want, the width, the tires you'd like to run and what you intend to use them for and I'll tell you what offset and widths will work. Apex is doing fantastic work and always have. I've been a customer for a long time and can't say enough about their awesome customer service.
Appreciate 0