BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > This whole dealer experience and M2C is an awful experience

06-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #23
Bimm3rM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Did you work with them in the past ?
Your salesperson is the GM ?

Last edited by Bimm3rM4; 06-15-2018 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 12:31 AM   #24
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimm3rM4 View Post
Did you work with them in the past ?
Your salesperson is the GM ?
I've been speaking with them for 4 months. Didn't want to throw the salesperson under the bus because he's been trying very hard and didn't want to post his name. He's been on my side and trying to get the deal to go through. The GMs, idkwtf, just tell me 4 months ago that you want to markup the car and you wont let customers configure it.

I just want to buy the car, why do we have to deal with this BS?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 01:35 AM   #25
Bimm3rM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
I've been speaking with them for 4 months. Didn't want to throw the salesperson under the bus because he's been trying very hard and didn't want to post his name. He's been on my side and trying to get the deal to go through. The GMs, idkwtf, just tell me 4 months ago that you want to markup the car and you wont let customers configure it.

I just want to buy the car, why do we have to deal with this BS?
I sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 08:48 AM   #26
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
No deposit,. I was asking repeatedly to put down a deposit and they would not take one. Multiple times!
I think thats a red flag.. When does a dealer ever turn down money, if not to purposely avoid having to make a commitment? Usually, when we were ordering M2s, to reserve a spot, a refundable deposit of $500 or $1000 was required.
Poochie9104.50
      06-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #27
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

It's just like internet dating. Everyone is playing five people at the same time looking for the best hookup.

We complain about the dealers, but you see all these posts stating "i'm #1 at three dealerships". Are you buying three cars? That creates a false demand for the car and messes up the situation for people trying to buy from a local dealership.

I agree they're pretty annoying though. It took them 2 or 3 days after the allocation dropped to decide if I was going to get the "first allocation" on a car I've been promised since October.
Appreciate 5
Apone15.00
boostm3683.00
F87_LCI1787.00
      06-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #28
JacobBMW14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I really doubt that all the MSRP deals in this round are spoken for. There definitely isn't the hype of the 1M and it's not limited.
I disagree, there is equal hype for the M2C as the 1M even more I’d argue. No one really knew what the 1M was when I came out.. it really only caught on after the first track reviews started to come in.

I talked to the general manager at my local dealership and he was there when he 1M came out... said the M2C is hype is just as real and has current M2 owners chomping at the bit. Only difference is this is not going to be a limited run however, probably just 2 years.

I’ve thought about purchasing a 1M however, it doesn’t really make sense as a daily driver anymore.. wouldn’t feel right racking up the miles on it.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #29
nomade30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2, 91 325, 05 DMAX

You guys need to get that shame on dealer thread going. If the community can make it so dealers that do this shit get little to no M2 orders, it will stop very quickly.
Appreciate 3
AlpsRider2865.00
McPurrs290.00
      06-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #30
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Just going to voice some frustration. I thought I was first on the list and had the slot locked down but got the call at the last minute prior to building out the car to be told that they are seeing a lot of hype for this car and they don't plan on selling for MSRP and i lost my spot and don't have the ability to build or spec it out.

I guess at the end of the day it's nice to not worry and save some money but on the other hand I was looking forward to it.

Just saying, this whole experience is shit.
This happened to me as well. There was a 10k markup that was reduced to 5k because of the “nice guy” discount. I didn’t find out until we were almost done that they wanted to add this. I walked, got in the car, and called another dealership. Other dealership agreed to sell at MSRP so I cruised in, settled the build, and paid the deposit and now I’m status 111.

Point is, don’t give up. Msrp can be had and there are still open allocations out here in so cal. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #31
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

It's not that uncommon for a dealer not to accept a deposit. When I ordered my LCI, I was actually concerned that they didn't take a deposit, but it all worked out and I paid MSRP no markup.

I bought my car in SoCal because the NorCal dealers, as confirmed by akkando earlier in this thread, are awful. I was so worried because they'd not take a deposit, I stopped in at the dealer when I was down in SoCal for business and introduced myself to my CA. He was friendly, but surprised to see me because from his perspective, we were all done, and just waiting for the car to be built and arrive.

I admit that the demand for the Competition is likely to be higher than the LCI was, but I'm pretty sure my dealer won't be taking deposits still, and yet I do trust them.

It was explained to me by my CA that deposits cannot be legally kept even after allocation, so they serve no purpose to the dealership besides additional finance overhead that needs to be managed. I did have to give my credit card details for a deposit, but they never ran the card. My CA told me that if I was prepared to go that far, it was enough to show that I was a serious customer. That was about a year ago today!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 12:07 PM   #32
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
My dealer didn't accept a deposit either even though I insisted. However, I had a written purchase agreement at MSRP signed by both parties. My client advisor had told me when I put my name down that he would only take a deposit when they get the allocation. Yesterday, I got their first allocation and left $500 deposit.

I learned my lesson when I was trying to order a 2016 M2 2 years ago. Contacted tens of dealers and most of them wanted to get over MSRP. The ones that were at MSRP had long waitlists. I didn't give up and found a #1 spot at a dealer but ended up getting an M4 instead. So, I was more experienced for M2C. Started my research to find a good dealer about a year ago and finally found one. I live in CA (Bay Area) but I'm getting the car from a NY dealer, which should tell you at least something about CA dealers. I'm not saying all CA dealers are shitty but good ones are extremely rare. It just takes some time and patience to find a trustworthy dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #33
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Which dealership and salesperson were you working with?
Long Beach in CA, Phillip.
These guys are criminals. I drove 500 miles to trade in my m3 for an M2 with an agreed price in writing and they offered me $9000 less when I got there. Run away.
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #34
Bimm3rM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxcamel View Post
These guys are criminals. I drove 500 miles to trade in my m3 for an M2 with an agreed price in writing and they offered me $9000 less when I got there. Run away.
They saw your M3 before or they saw it once you got it there to trade it in with the M2 ?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #35
Trapperj
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I reckon I’m lucky. My SA also is a dealer for Porsche. Me being a old fart, I’ve purchased a few P cars from him over the years, the last being a GT4. I simply sent a short text asking him about the M2. He asked me a few questions..(DTC or manual, exc pkg, color, sunroof or no, wheel black or no)

Wife & I drove up today to see him. $1k deposit. It was so painless, and he is so easy to deal with. Rare these days to find a SA that’s been around long enough to develop relationships with other dealers. Very important IMHO, as many times it’s who they know & the willingness other dealers/SAs have in making the customer happy. I asked him today how many of his new car sales are to first time buyers. His response was almost none. Nearly all repeat business.

I’m in East TN. Be happy to share the SA....just ask. The Principal Dealer is Rick Hill.
Now the hard part, which never seems to get any easier. Waiting.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #36
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Just going to voice some frustration. I thought I was first on the list and had the slot locked down but got the call at the last minute prior to building out the car to be told that they are seeing a lot of hype for this car and they don't plan on selling for MSRP and i lost my spot and don't have the ability to build or spec it out.

I guess at the end of the day it's nice to not worry and save some money but on the other hand I was looking forward to it.

Just saying, this whole experience is shit.
Standard operating procedure for Southern California.

I am sure some other locals will comment.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #37
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

Quote:
They saw your M3 before or they saw it once you got it there to trade it in with the M2 ?
it doesn't matter. if they didn't see it in person. or new they would only be making a valid offer when seeing the tradein in person.. . why did they offer him a value as a trade over the phone/remotely at all ?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #38
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
What was the aftermath of that?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:46 PM   #39
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
What was the aftermath of that?
Simple, I went to Valencia bmw, and they gave me the price that Long Beach promised with no fuss. I've bought three cars from them and they're always fair, have readily available allocations for most M cars, and treat you respectfully. I should've gone there in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #40
Bimm3rM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Valencia is asking 5k over msrp for the M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #41
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
perhaps if they promised someone MSRP they honor that.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #42
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Try talking to Polo Lopez there.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #43
aerokubectl
Major
Rep

Got everything squared away, steller Service and professionalism with Center BMW.

The nice part is that these guys are literally 5 blocks from my house. Got my order number and will now patiently await arrival !
Appreciate 5
Poochie9104.50
bmxcamel554.00
pz6193278.50
boostm3683.00
      06-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #44
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Got everything squared away, steller Service and professionalism with Center BMW.

The nice part is that these guys are literally 5 blocks from my house. Got my order number and will now patiently await arrival !
congrats dude! like i said, i purchased from Center before and my SA was no bs'er, very straightforward not not trying to nickel and dime me.
Appreciate 0