BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > F87 N55 PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo Build Journal | 529wHP / 542wTQ

10-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #133
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon89 View Post
I'm trying to get hold of it, as soon as I have it I'll post it on here.
Yes please do, it does seem very promising I had no idea the A90 hpfp could flow that much more. Only issue is it does require fabrication to make it work.

But if it's alot cheaper then maybe it isore promising than current options if it does flow the 620 bhp that the Supra guys are saying it does.
I've just had a look on a couple of super videos and one of them says that the hpfp is 350 bar.
So I guess this is more than enough..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 03:36 PM   #134
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
I've just had a look on a couple of super videos and one of them says that the hpfp is 350 bar.
It looks like it so far, I wonder how much power it can support on full e85.

Also how much fab work is needed? The video didn't show, and most importantly how much does this cost.
      10-27-2019, 04:15 PM   #135
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It looks like it so far, I wonder how much power it can support on full e85.

Also how much fab work is needed? The video didn't show, and most importantly how much does this cost.
The pumps made by Bosch so it would be mass produced so cost to be very low in comparison to one of the aftermarket hpfp. Also if you look carefully at the video you can see the base of both pumps are identical in the mounting face. all you will have to do is drill to new holes in the flange to bolt it down in the correct orientation to the existing hpfp. And I imagine as it's a Bosch pump you could probably get away with just bolting up existing fuel lines onto it..
Companies like Bosch don't like reinventing the wheel just slightly improving it..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #136
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep

I think I might have sussed it, this is just a guess but I think that the new supra runs the high-pressure fuel pump from the new x3m.
It looks identical. This is a screenshot of a BMW assembly video of that engine.

If you watch the video from the beginning and pause it as soon as you see them and compare it to the one in the video from the tuning company even the solenoid looks identical and the three little dots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:58 PM   #137
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I think I might have sussed it, this is just a guess but I think that the new supra runs the high-pressure fuel pump from the new x3m.
It looks identical. This is a screenshot of a BMW assembly video of that engine.

If you watch the video from the beginning and pause it as soon as you see them and compare it to the one in the video from the tuning company even the solenoid looks identical and the three little dots.
This is a technical document from BMW The engine s58. It states that its fuel system runs at 350 bar. The reason why it has 2 is to ensure under full load that it keeps it at 350 bar I'm assuming.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 04:59 PM   #138
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The pumps made by Bosch so it would be mass produced so cost to be very low in comparison to one of the aftermarket hpfp. Also if you look carefully at the video you can see the base of both pumps are identical in the mounting face. all you will have to do is drill to new holes in the flange to bolt it down in the correct orientation to the existing hpfp. And I imagine as it's a Bosch pump you could probably get away with just bolting up existing fuel lines onto it..
Companies like Bosch don't like reinventing the wheel just slightly improving it..
Just because it is massed produced doesn't mean bmw will resell it at a cheap price.... and who knows if you can even buy it directly from Bosch.

It might only require minor drilling which would be good and the lines looked different so some fittings would be required, this would be fine but since there has been little documentation of a retrofit I will reserve judgement until there has been more done.

Appearances and reality don't often lead to the same results, so that's why part numbers are required. You can't just say it looks like an x3m pump and therefore it is one, the exterior could be the same but the internals could be vastly different. Also the exterior could have size differences not apparent to the visible eye.

Just because they're improving a design doesn't mean that it will be a simple fitment, every engine is different and so is the ecu so fitment and wiring, voltage, resistance etc could be different. It just so happens that the Supra HPFP fits and seems to work without issue, but since I have seen only 1 case so far and no images of install, or pricing of this pump I wouldn't go around saying this is going to be better than a tried and trued XDI pump.
      10-27-2019, 05:11 PM   #139
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just because it is massed produced doesn't mean bmw will resell it at a cheap price.... and who knows if you can even buy it directly from Bosch.

It might only require minor drilling which would be good and the lines looked different so some fittings would be required, this would be fine but since there has been little documentation of a retrofit I will reserve judgement until there has been more done.

Appearances and reality don't often lead to the same results, so that's why part numbers are required. You can't just say it looks like an x3m pump and therefore it is one, the exterior could be the same but the internals could be vastly different. Also the exterior could have size differences not apparent to the visible eye.

Just because they're improving a design doesn't mean that it will be a simple fitment, every engine is different and so is the ecu so fitment and wiring, voltage, resistance etc could be different. It just so happens that the Supra HPFP fits and seems to work without issue, but since I have seen only 1 case so far and no images of install, or pricing of this pump I wouldn't go around saying this is going to be better than a tried and trued XDI pump.
I didn't say it was better than the pump you mentioned. And mash produced parts for cars in general tend to be cheaper than aftermarket I don't think anyone can dispute that..
Time will tell. I know someone at BMW so I'll ask him to give me the part number for the fuel pump on the X3M and on BMW's own literature they say it runs at 350bar. But it's not unlike BMW to tell fibs lol
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 05:16 PM   #140
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I didn't say it was better than the pump you mentioned. And mash produced parts for cars in general tend to be cheaper than aftermarket I don't think anyone can dispute that..
Time will tell. I know someone at BMW so I'll ask him to give me the part number for the fuel pump on the X3M and on BMW's own literature they say it runs at 350bar. But it's not unlike BMW to tell fibs lol
You should start a new thread for this because we are starting to thread jack, so sorry OP, very cool m2 build so far and hope to see more content! I won't be replying to HPFP talk here to avoid further clutter, so feel free to tag me in your new thread if you desire, I am also very interested in a potential cheaper solution but I am still skeptical.

Of course mass produced pumps will be cheaper, but if bmw controls that particular model bosch makes then there is no guarantee they will sell it cheaper. Look at all the oem parts bmw sells, are they cheaper vs. aftermarket parts? Exactly.......

I'm no doubting bmw's claim of 350 bar, but it isn't unusual for bmw to mess up technical documents like how the m2 had a closed deck block, and how realoem does mess up part numbers. What I'm saying is fitment may not be compatible based on looks, same thing goes with comparing the A90 supra HPFP to the x3m.
      10-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #141
Ramon89
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You should start a new thread for this because we are starting to thread jack, so sorry OP, very cool m2 build so far and hope to see more content! I won't be replying to HPFP talk here to avoid further clutter, so feel free to tag me in your new thread if you desire, I am also very interested in a potential cheaper solution but I am still skeptical.

Of course mass produced pumps will be cheaper, but if bmw controls that particular model bosch makes then there is no guarantee they will sell it cheaper. Look at all the oem parts bmw sells, are they cheaper vs. aftermarket parts? Exactly.......

I'm no doubting bmw's claim of 350 bar, but it isn't unusual for bmw to mess up technical documents like how the m2 had a closed deck block, and how realoem does mess up part numbers. What I'm saying is fitment may not be compatible based on looks, same thing goes with comparing the A90 supra HPFP to the x3m.
Yeah you're right sorry for cluttering your Fred got a bit carried away...

This thread is very detailed on the upgraded fuel pump followers if interested

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...74&page=11
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #142
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

All good guys! Definitely an interesting topic, thanks for opting to move to a different thread.

I look forward to joining in on the conversation in the new thread.
Appreciate 1
F87source7177.50
      10-29-2019, 05:47 AM   #143
Infamus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
great build...
Appreciate 1
Endeav388.50
      01-05-2020, 08:58 AM   #144
Jchoi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Gray F87 M2

Hey man, Loving the car build... i'm doing something similar but without the meth inject right now.. I was wondering how much was the hpfp and where'd you get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 01:09 AM   #145
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchoi View Post
Hey man, Loving the car build... i'm doing something similar but without the meth inject right now.. I was wondering how much was the hpfp and where'd you get it.
Hey! The HPFP was 1900 USD, and I got it from Tuning Tech FS. It's an XDI-35 HPFP.

Looks like Spool Performance just released their HPFP for the late model N55's. It's at a cheaper price point than the XDI-35 and seems to have good reviews from those who tested it in beta. Might be something worth checking out!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #146
OutoftheBlueM2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Insane build

mine is slowly but surely on it's way
Appreciate 1
Endeav388.50
      03-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #147
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Got around to installing a pair of Recaro Sportster GT’s complete with Matt Schnell mounting hardware in the M2. Here are some before and after photo's. Really shows how bad the OEM M2 seats look lol.

All coding will be taken care of by the guys at CodeMyBimmer. As far as what's next for the car before it comes out for Summer 2020, I'm planning on doing new brake pads / full fluid flush with something better than the OEM fluid. I also have some custom headlights being made as well!

Last edited by Endeav; 03-03-2020 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #148
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
Got around to installing a pair of Recaro Sportster GT’s complete with Matt Schnell mounting hardware in the M2. Here are some before and after photo's. Really shows how bad the OEM M2 seats look lol.

All coding will be taken care of by the guys at CodeMyBimmer. As far as what's next for the car before it comes out for Summer 2020, I'm planning on doing new brake pads / full fluid flush with something better than the OEM fluid. I also have some custom headlights being made as well!

Very nice!
Endeav388.50
      03-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #149
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Spent the afternoon sprucing up the M2 interior. Installed the following items:
  • BMW M-Performance Alcantara E-Brake Handle
  • BMW M-Performance Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
  • BMW M-Performance Electronic Steering Wheel
  • BMW M-Performance Rear Deck Lid Spoiler
  • IND F87 Alcantara Armrest
Overall a very easy install - just don't drop anything into the center console abyss with the DCT surround removed lol.

Next up on the upgrade list will be my headlight build that we're just waiting on parts to arrive, as well as brake pads. Going to be going with Ferodo DS2500's.

Appreciate 1
flybigjet6616.00
      03-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #150
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Next up on the upgrade list will be my headlight build that we're just waiting on parts to arrive
New rings? LCI retrofit?

I just blacked out my housings and that alone made a huge difference.

Appreciate 2
      03-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #151
Scrape
Car Guy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Great build thread. That was a lot of reading but this build is inspirational. Looking forward to the finished car.
      03-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #152
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
New rings? LCI retrofit?

I just blacked out my housings and that alone made a huge difference.
Going with a couple components from BavGruppe to make it look like the LCI. Blacking out the housing is definitely on the list - I absolutely hate the chrome / silver in the OEM headlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
Great build thread. That was a lot of reading but this build is inspirational. Looking forward to the finished car.
Appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed the build thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 05:57 PM   #153
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Going with a couple components from BavGruppe to make it look like the LCI. Blacking out the housing is definitely on the list - I absolutely hate the chrome / silver in the OEM headlight.
The vision rings? I considered that style but decided it doesn't look quite right on the 2 series. They seem a bit too compressed/squished in the housing IMO.

Appreciate 2
      03-29-2020, 10:17 PM   #154
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
The vision rings? I considered that style but decided it doesn't look quite right on the 2 series. They seem a bit too compressed/squished in the housing IMO.
Correct the vision rings! I feel like they look better than the non-LCI rings personally, but I can see what you mean. I think I'll also have the lenses etched - still on the fence about that one. I was hoping I'd be able to do the Vision X but unfortunately I'd need to have LED headlights to facilitate that in the true vertical center of the ring.
Appreciate 0