BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Do people notice your M2?

02-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #67
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
I picked up my LBB in October. I should preface by stating that it's only a weekend car but, except for a couple of google eyes here and there, it hasn't garnered a lot of attention. Oddly, last weekend the wife and I were driving to a restaurant that we go to all the time and along the way I had three different people pull up at different red lights and want to either race or have me make some noise. The next morning I was in a parking lot and a Challenger came slowly rolling by with the windows down and some kid, couldn't have been older than 20, yelled "Damn! That's bad ass". I just started laughing and he drove off. No attention since then including tonight when we went to the same restaurant.

Certainly not like my Z3 I got back when they were actually rare. I would literally walk out of a store and there would be a crowd around it in the parking lot. For at least a year I couldn't get gas without someone wanting to talk about it. Then all of a sudden they were everywhere along with every other manufacturer's roadster.

Last edited by jtfields; 02-26-2017 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #68
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG, 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
I picked up my LBB in October. I should preface by stating that it's only a weekend car but, except for a couple of google eyes here and there, it hasn't garnered a lot of attention. Oddly, last weekend the wife and I were driving to a restaurant that we go to all the time and along the way I had three different people pull up at different red lights and want to either race or have me make some noise. The next morning I was in a parking lot and a Challenger came slowly rolling by with the windows down and some kid, couldn't have been older than 20, yelled "Damn! That's bad ass". I just started laughing and he drove off. No attention since then including tonight when we went to the same restaurant.

Certainly not like my Z3 I got back when they were actually rare. I would literally walk out of a store and there would be a crowd around it in the parking lot. For at least a year I couldn't get gas without someone wanting to talk about it. Then all of a sudden they were everywhere along with every other manufacturer's roadster.
I have seen the LLB at Bimmerfest last year and it that blue really stands out. Depending on the light it can give a turquoise perception, really beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #69
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Lives View Post
There is lots of love with Alpine White in "chics-ville"

AW will protect you from the Dick lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR-Tech View Post
Nice, btw, did you sell the M2? The CS doesn't have a release date yet, that I know of
Hi,
Yes,I sold it a few months back when I heard the CS was going to be made.The market is different in the UK compared to the US as it seems there are more available here threatening the used sales prices.I also found the performance too similar to the m*35i models.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 04:00 AM   #70
ahgood
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 bmw M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahgood View Post
test
Working! Interesting rear tint
Hi,she has 30%rear,20%side rear and 50%front tint.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 04:52 AM   #71
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Hi,
Yes,I sold it a few months back when I heard the CS was going to be made.The market is different in the UK compared to the US as it seems there are more available here threatening the used sales prices.I also found the performance too similar to the m*35i models.
its about much more then just performance, you can't compare the M2 to a 240i or 140i that's the worst kind of tunnel vision
Appreciate 1
KO764.50
      02-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #72
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
I chose MG, in part, to stay under the radar. Enthusiasts will notice and I don't care about anyone else.
My motivation to pick MG was the same and I also removed the M2 badges (were possible).
      02-27-2017, 06:54 AM   #73
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
I noticed the increased aggression as well. Get frequently challenged.
Not happend so far...most people react very friendly at the car... In my two months of ownership there were people giving thumbs up and some people came over to tell me they loved how the car looked and sounded (standard M2 exhaust). I always say thanks and that I only bought the car, but I did not build and designed it....that's all BMW's work

02-27-2017, 07:07 AM   #74
Nine Lives
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Maxi

Quote:
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
its about much more then just performance, you can't compare the M2 to a 240i or 140i that's the worst kind of tunnel vision

Oh,I see,it's about how one must feel the love when you drive the M2 as to not do so gives you the worst kind of tunnel vision.

Obviously the feeling of being loved up was wasted on me by all accounts then...blinkers back on
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2017, 07:15 AM   #75
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QM View Post
I noticed the increased aggression as well. Get frequently challenged.
Not happend so far...most people react very friendly at the car... In my two months of ownership there were people giving thumbs up and some people came over to tell me they loved how the car looked and sounded (standard M2 exhaust). I always say thanks and that I only bought the car, but I did not build and designed it....that's all BMW's work

Great picture. Yes I get the thumbs up as well, but also the road racers' attention. Probably partly due to LBB.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #76
pmilani
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 CS (LRG)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
These days in my area I see lots of cars with very strong flashy colors so that it seems a trend, for any kind of car really.
Given that, the M2 generally kinda mixes with rest and does not stand out too much when in motion -- that is, not because of the color. It does get the car enthusiast's attention but I have a feeling it is not much about the color but more about the car and the ancestry of M-series.
Actually I've noticed the sound gets maybe more attention than the color. When you make the burbles noise I see heads turn around and follow like sunflowers.
Considering also that people mainly drive cars with more subdued noise vs. USA, it looks like the car enthusiast always has an ear ready to detect the occasional sporty car passing by
Also I've had the opposite experience on the road than a couple of fellow forumers: I can drive even slower than anyone would drive normally and 99% people seem to stay behind without complaints and don't try risky overtakes. Only 1 time there was this douche coming in quick behind me, the "get out, I cannot wait 1 millisecond" kind of guy: he initiate an overtake in a prohibited area AND 100mt before an intersection -- I could not resist and accelerated leaving him to eat some dust. 10 seconds later on a straight, safe area I slowed down for him to pass... guess what now he wouldn't even overtake when I drove slower than the speed limit. I hate when people drive with their brain up in their a$$
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #77
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That looks sick!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #78
tutankhamon
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB BMW M2

LBB gets a lot of attention for me it seems. Many honks, flashing lights and thumbs up on a daily basis. The best though was running into another LBB M2 as luck would have it, the exchange was pretty awesome
Appreciate 1
VR-Tech117.00
      02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #79
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

My LBB M2 gets a bit of attention, but nowhere near the attention my AW Z4M Coupe gets.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #80
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
My LBB M2 gets a bit of attention, but nowhere near the attention my AW Z4M Coupe gets.
That's because that car and color combo is God mode . We are not worthy
Appreciate 2
VR-Tech117.00
gmzanatta1823.00
      02-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #81
Ghost of Akina
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (LBB 6MT)

I followed an M235i into the parking garage at work the other day. I had it in burble mode (mostly because I like the level of traction/stability intervention at that setting but also for the noises). After I parked up in the furthest corner he walked over to take a look and was like "damn that's cooler than mine."

It definitely doesn't get as much attention as my red FR-S did in 2012 though (2013 MY, one of the first in town). I'm okay with that.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #82
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post
Quote:
That's because that car and color combo is God mode . We are not worthy
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
LGWGN249.50
Ian ///M491.00
      02-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #83
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Nice!

My old E46 M3, I use to get M4 owner trailing it all the time.

Sating Pearl white with Cinnamon Interiors

Appreciate 5
gmzanatta1823.00
Ian ///M491.00
BD SM3RF276.50
Jimmle9.00
KO764.50
      02-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #84
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
test
Working! Interesting rear tint
Are the rear reflectors gray or black?
      02-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #85
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmilani View Post
These days in my area I see lots of cars with very strong flashy colors so that it seems a trend, for any kind of car really.
Given that, the M2 generally kinda mixes with rest and does not stand out too much when in motion -- that is, not because of the color. It does get the car enthusiast's attention but I have a feeling it is not much about the color but more about the car and the ancestry of M-series.
Actually I've noticed the sound gets maybe more attention than the color. When you make the burbles noise I see heads turn around and follow like sunflowers.
Considering also that people mainly drive cars with more subdued noise vs. USA, it looks like the car enthusiast always has an ear ready to detect the occasional sporty car passing by
Also I've had the opposite experience on the road than a couple of fellow forumers: I can drive even slower than anyone would drive normally and 99% people seem to stay behind without complaints and don't try risky overtakes. Only 1 time there was this douche coming in quick behind me, the "get out, I cannot wait 1 millisecond" kind of guy: he initiate an overtake in a prohibited area AND 100mt before an intersection -- I could not resist and accelerated leaving him to eat some dust. 10 seconds later on a straight, safe area I slowed down for him to pass... guess what now he wouldn't even overtake when I drove slower than the speed limit. I hate when people drive with their brain up in their a$$
Lol i had a pedestrian yell out "Slow down!" when I was doing the speed limit because I took first to a high rpm
      02-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #86
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
Lol i had a pedestrian yell out "Slow down!" when I was doing the speed limit because I took first to a high rpm
lol i had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday! Yelled at by some busy body...and i was comfortably below the speed limit...ugh, some ppl.
Appreciate 1
VR-Tech117.00
      02-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #87
tutankhamon
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB BMW M2

^^This happens to me all the time in my neighborhood. I'm always at or below the speed limit in the area as there is a school. Yet with my cars being a bit louder, people automatically assume increased volume equates into increased speed. It must by psychological lol, but I've pissed off many moms
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #88
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
I pissed off an old lady walking her dog the other day, due to sound only. I wasn't speeding. I rather enjoyed it.
Appreciate 0