BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1: 1800 tyres scrapped

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 01:19 PM   #155
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19639
Rep
11,820
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Your taking all the precautions and I'm sure your fine my friend.
I hope so
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit4505.50

      Yesterday, 01:51 PM   #156
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
751
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

MBelgium -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Your taking all the precautions and I'm sure your fine my friend.
My MBelgium friend -
What an incredible turn of events; without question, you did the right thing in directing your employee to get tested and to depart from the workplace; suggest taking all of the usual precautions when someone is not feeling well and REST this weekend, drink tons of water, etc; I'm sure you've already thought of this, but if you feel it is necessary and there are others in your home, perhaps distancing oneself for a period of time as well; asking for cover over your health and loved ones - right now.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 02:40 PM   #157
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19639
Rep
11,820
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My MBelgium friend -
What an incredible turn of events; without question, you did the right thing in directing your employee to get tested and to depart from the workplace; suggest taking all of the usual precautions when someone is not feeling well and REST this weekend, drink tons of water, etc; I'm sure you've already thought of this, but if you feel it is necessary and there are others in your home, perhaps distancing oneself for a period of time as well; asking for cover over your health and loved ones - right now.
I will . That's for sure .I'm not leaving my house over the weekend .
I just go outside to get some fresh air on my terras and a short walk in my garden .
My house is actually surrounded by a forest .It is very quiet here. I can only hear some birds .
I can not stop thinking about the situation . The thoughts in my mind are like : Is this real !
This situation from today gave me the feeling that the virus is closer than I thought it was ..
Today we got 69 new deaths in Belgium including a young girl . She was 16 !
Same in France a young girl 16 , died from the virus in the same week ..

Thank you my friend for the concern . Stay safe and healthy !
May their poor souls RIP !
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit4505.50

      Today, 07:27 AM   #158
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
751
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Checking in on my UK and Belgium Colleagues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I will . That's for sure .I'm not leaving my house over the weekend .
I just go outside to get some fresh air on my terras and a short walk in my garden .
My house is actually surrounded by a forest .It is very quiet here. I can only hear some birds .
I can not stop thinking about the situation . The thoughts in my mind are like : Is this real !
This situation from today gave me the feeling that the virus is closer than I thought it was ..
Today we got 69 new deaths in Belgium including a young girl . She was 16 !
Same in France a young girl 16 , died from the virus in the same week ..

Thank you my friend for the concern . Stay safe and healthy !
May their poor souls RIP !
Hopeful things are stable - drop a note when you can.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:01 AM   #159
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2465
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Hopeful things are stable - drop a note when you can.
How are things with you Racerbruce,you keeping yourself well there at home, that's where you have to stay and keep busy doing something within the household and you'll be fine.
Great sunny weather but blowy here, did some maintenance work on our CLK yesterday with my son helping me and been using the hot tub a lot, the stuff we put in, chlorine and de scaler to keep the water clean must be protecting us haha!
Wow just heard like right now that Costco has STOPPED selling meat!
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:35 AM   #160
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
751
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Greetings M5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
How are things with you Racerbruce,you keeping yourself well there at home, that's where you have to stay and keep busy doing something within the household and you'll be fine.
Great sunny weather but blowy here, did some maintenance work on our CLK yesterday with my son helping me and been using the hot tub a lot, the stuff we put in, chlorine and de scaler to keep the water clean must be protecting us haha!
Wow just heard like right now that Costco has STOPPED selling meat!
Great to hear from you and that all is fine in southern UK; great to have your son helping service the CLK and the hot tub to soak away the day's worries!; wowie - no meat at Costco! We were at our Costco two days ago and they had meat - this may change as well; before we moved about a yr ago to Gig Harbor, we lived about 5 miles from Costco's world headquarters - we loved going to the Costco that was adjacent to the main offices - they always had the best wine selection of any Costco we've ever seen; i just finished repainting the laundry rm ceiling, wall repair and wall repaint - keeping busy; I have found a way to briskly walk nearly 1.75 miles in 30 minutes....inside our home! This includes taking stairs which adds to the cardio; drop a note when you can.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:23 AM   #161
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2465
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Great to hear from you and that all is fine in southern UK; great to have your son helping service the CLK and the hot tub to soak away the day's worries!; wowie - no meat at Costco! We were at our Costco two days ago and they had meat - this may change as well; before we moved about a yr ago to Gig Harbor, we lived about 5 miles from Costco's world headquarters - we loved going to the Costco that was adjacent to the main offices - they always had the best wine selection of any Costco we've ever seen; i just finished repainting the laundry rm ceiling, wall repair and wall repaint - keeping busy; I have found a way to briskly walk nearly 1.75 miles in 30 minutes....inside our home! This includes taking stairs which adds to the cardio; drop a note when you can.
The world hq of Costco woooow not far from you and that adjacent store 5 mi away must be BIG.
Well done for walking around your property keeping fit we have a treadmill and I use that sometimes combined with about 80-100 press ups a day,but not all at once!
Luckily we are stocked up with meat ordered and already delivered from our Costco recently together with the excellent Apothic California red that we are in love with.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:36 PM   #162
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
751
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Apothic Red....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The world hq of Costco woooow not far from you and that adjacent store 5 mi away must be BIG.
Well done for walking around your property keeping fit we have a treadmill and I use that sometimes combined with about 80-100 press ups a day,but not all at once!
Luckily we are stocked up with meat ordered and already delivered from our Costco recently together with the excellent Apothic California red that we are in love with.
We love that one too! Have you tried Chateau Ste Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon from Costco? This winery is here as well; it's very good and only $11 US; also, does your Costco have Colossal Reserva Red? It's good.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / RE Trans Mounts / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / CoCo Floor Mats / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:55 PM   #163
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19639
Rep
11,820
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Your taking all the precautions and I'm sure your fine my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Hopeful things are stable - drop a note when you can.
Yeah . As you know my friends , the situation at work was unexpected . Not only for me , but for everyone at the company .
This means that I could see the anxiety in the people's eyes . Meanwhile I got several mails with questions ...
Some of them already called their doctor to explain the whole situation .I really wonder how it next monday will look like at the company ...
Of course it's just a normal reaction , as we know what this virus can do ...
Generally seen, companies in such a situation are involved in complex situations. Like I said a complete lockdown would be better . But the company is really essential to keep automobile factories going .
That's why I got that special paper from our government .
Many companies are already bankrupt by this Virus !

As we know SARS-CoV-2 is a global curse for all of us !
All we can do is hoping it will disappear ASAP ! Sadly it looks still really bad !

As for me :
It was a sunny day , so I relaxed the whole afternoon on my terras with strong coffee and pie ...
As for supper it's home made lasagna and French bread ( French baguette )
Later this evening I'm in my home cinema ..
As long as we can ,we can enjoy the good things of life to change our mind from this horrible curse !

Stay safe my friends ! Stay healthy !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:31 PM   #164
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19639
Rep
11,820
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Update

Just watched our local newsflash ..
Today a Belgian 30 year old nurse died from SARS-CoV-2 !
3 weeks ago ,she had a check-up . She was super healthy and sporty .

Suddenly she felt sick . From the scan images , her lungs looked healthy .
But ..SARS-CoV-2 was all over in her heart ! And she died from heart failure !
Interesting fact is her virus test was always negative ?!?!
This means the virus test is "not" always reliable !!!

Isaura was fit as a fiddle ! May she RIP !!! => https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/belgisc...zond~acc0fd05/
Damn !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; Today at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:45 PM   #165
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2465
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Update

Just watched our local newsflash ..
Today a Belgian 30 year old nurse died from SARS-CoV-2 !
3 weeks ago ,she had a check-up . She was super healthy and sporty .

Suddenly she felt sick . From the scan images , her lungs looked healthy .
But ..SARS-CoV-2 was all over in her heart ! And she died from heart failure !
Interesting fact is her virus test was always negative ?!?!
This means the virus test is "not" always reliable !!!

Isaura was fit as a fiddle ! May she RIP !!! => https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/belgisc...zond~acc0fd05/
Damn !!!
All of a sudden it struck her, looks all the time now that Sars-Cov 2 has turned into a super strain that strikes quick on an apparently healthy person.That poor woman. My friend we are all praying in out household here.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:49 PM   #166
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2465
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah . As you know my friends , the situation at work was unexpected . Not only for me , but for everyone at the company .
This means that I could see the anxiety in the people's eyes . Meanwhile I got several mails with questions ...
Some of them already called their doctor to explain the whole situation .I really wonder how it next monday will look like at the company ...
Of course it's just a normal reaction , as we know what this virus can do ...
Generally seen, companies in such a situation are involved in complex situations. Like I said a complete lockdown would be better . But the company is really essential to keep automobile factories going .
That's why I got that special paper from our government .
Many companies are already bankrupt by this Virus !

As we know SARS-CoV-2 is a global curse for all of us !
All we can do is hoping it will disappear ASAP ! Sadly it looks still really bad !

As for me :
It was a sunny day , so I relaxed the whole afternoon on my terras with strong coffee and pie ...
As for supper it's home made lasagna and French bread ( French baguette )
Later this evening I'm in my home cinema ..
As long as we can ,we can enjoy the good things of life to change our mind from this horrible curse !

Stay safe my friends ! Stay healthy !
Enjoy that Le Mans film if you've got it,I was expecting mine today but the person who's sending it has run out of printer ink and still waiting...
Appreciate 1
      Today, 02:10 PM   #167
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19639
Rep
11,820
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
All of a sudden it struck her, looks all the time now that Sars-Cov 2 has turned into a super strain that strikes quick on an apparently healthy person.That poor woman. My friend we are all praying in out household here.
More bad news !
I just heard 2 babies , and 2 pregnant women with Sars-Cov 2 in our hospital !
My friend .I'm lost in words ... Damn !!!

Italy , Spain and France is a daily disaster again !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:14 PM   #168
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
2465
Rep
2,910
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
We love that one too! Have you tried Chateau Ste Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon from Costco? This winery is here as well; it's very good and only $11 US; also, does your Costco have Colossal Reserva Red? It's good.
Thanks for telling me about those two wines and I will ask next time I put order in..not safe to actually go there at this time.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST