BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > I've had it with the noises this car is making...

12-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #23
bmw_m2_cali
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

What are these noises...

https://s.amsu.ng/p0ebEDPcZpVN

I brought the car in to the dealership today, right after this started. When the engine revs around 1000 rpm it does this. This is an N55, stock, <10k miles car.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #24
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Dealerships messing up steering wheels seems to be an increasing issue. It happened even with my wife's Outback. Anytime I drop off the car with the dealership I move the seat back and tilt the steering wheel as high as possible in the case that the service tech is big and fat.
I really need to code an easy-out function in the M... Loved it in my Jeep GC.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #25
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m2_cali View Post
What are these noises...

https://s.amsu.ng/p0ebEDPcZpVN

I brought the car in to the dealership today, right after this started. When the engine revs around 1000 rpm it does this. This is an N55, stock, <10k miles car.
That's the metal flap inside the exhaust rattling. Either the clip broke between it and the actuator, or, there's something else wrong. They should cut off / replace the rear section of your exhaust to fix it. At least, that's what they did on my M235i when it had the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #26
bmw_m2_cali
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
That's the metal flap inside the exhaust rattling. Either the clip broke between it and the actuator, or, there's something else wrong. They should cut off / replace the rear section of your exhaust to fix it. At least, that's what they did on my M235i when it had the same problem.
Thanks for commenting! I was worried it was an engine issue. Rattling exhaust flap does not sound nearly as concerning/hard to fix.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #27
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_m2_cali View Post
Thanks for commenting! I was worried it was an engine issue. Rattling exhaust flap does not sound nearly as concerning/hard to fix.
It shouldn't be a big deal. They should know exactly what it is. It happened twice on my M235i. Once on the stock exhaust and again on the M-Performance exhaust. The last M-Performance exhaust they swapped it with ended up being fine up till the time I sold the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:12 AM   #28
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
I also had the same problem on the left side...they replaced this part of the exhaust (under warranty). My 3 year warranty ended this year, but I got the extended warranty for an extra 2 years, because I want to be sure.
      12-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #29
Ribosome
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 | 1995 M3

I wanted to add that i'm getting the annoying clutch click youre mentioning. It happens at the bottom of the clutch travel as i'm lifting up. Sounds like the clip thats catching. Happens once a week
Appreciate 0