BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > This whole dealer experience and M2C is an awful experience

06-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #67
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
My dealer knows I'm waiting for the CS (2nd on the list and I think the guy whose 1st will back out). But they offered me their first allocation for the M2C. Just like they offered me their first allocation for the M2. No premiums or anything either. They'd probably sell it to me under MSRP if I pushed.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 03:22 PM   #68
mastermav
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F82

I was contacted yesterday by BMW of Mountain View, they have one allocation for M2C. Since that car is not good enough for me, I declined. They will probably want $10k over if anyone is interested, you can talk to them.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #69
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
That's BS. Many of us here aren't paying a penny over MSRP. I already have everything in writing including a purchase agreement signed by me and the dealer. In fact, my dealer is doing their best for me to take advantage of as many incentives as possible. I'm sure you can find another dealer willing to do MSRP.
Lol this car isn't worth it over MSRP. Dealers are going to lose customers and have plenty of cars on their lots in a few months when production ramps up and initial hype dies down

I have an allocation locally and I'm excited but I will not pay $100 over MSRP, I'm already on the fence foe the newer M3s
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #70
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower95 View Post
Anyone else being told that they are charging premiums on top of MSRP? My CA told me they are asking for $10,000 (cut to $5,000 since I’m a returning customer) and they want a $5000 deposit for the second and last M2C allocation of the dealer. I feel like someone must be willing to sell for MSRP 🤔
Tell them to shove it. Make some calls to other dealers. Many on here have msrp deals.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 05:08 PM   #71
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Quote:
That's BS. Many of us here aren't paying a penny over MSRP. I already have everything in writing including a purchase agreement signed by me and the dealer. In fact, my dealer is doing their best for me to take advantage of as many incentives as possible. I'm sure you can find another dealer willing to do MSRP.
Lol this car isn't worth it over MSRP. Dealers are going to lose customers and have plenty of cars on their lots in a few months when production ramps up and initial hype dies down

I have an allocation locally and I'm excited but I will not pay $100 over MSRP, I'm already on the fence foe the newer M3s
No car is worth over MSRP for me period, regardless how amazing or limited it is.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2018, 05:21 PM   #72
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else being told that they are charging premiums on top of MSRP? My CA told me they are asking for $10,000 (cut to $5,000 since I'm a returning customer) and they want a $5000 deposit for the second and last M2C allocation of the dealer. I feel like someone must be willing to sell for MSRP
Same.
      06-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #73
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Anyone else being told that they are charging premiums on top of MSRP? My CA told me they are asking for $10,000 (cut to $5,000 since I'm a returning customer) and they want a $5000 deposit for the second and last M2C allocation of the dealer. I feel like someone must be willing to sell for MSRP
You can ship it or drive a car from Texas to home for less than 5k.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #74
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep

As others said, keep looking. Even better, find a dealership you like with honest people working there and stick with them. Your experience will keep improving from that point on!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #75
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
It's a sellers market. My dealer said only 470 cars nationwide for the year. They also covet allocations for various reasons and don't want a formal list/deposit system.

I mean, what if the GM decides to sell one to his cousin who puts it on ebay for $10k over MSRP? Hard to do that when you have formal list/deposit system.
Your dealer is either lying or, best case, assuming BMW will mis-read demand for M2 Competition like they did at first with the 2016 M2. In 2016, the M2s were slowly trickling out to dealers and it was hard to get one so they did command premiums over MSRP. Do you think BMW has forgotten that they sold 12,293 M2s in MY2017 alone? I'm sure they'll try everything they can to meet demand this time and sell as many as they can. I'm no expert but I would expect to see more like 2-4,000 M2 competitions delivered in the US before the end of this year.

BMW has admitted that they built the original M2s too slowly and had to ramp up production big time. It would be insane for them to mess it up again. I believe M2 was actually the best selling M model in 2017 so hopefully they can stop acting surprised that people actually want to buy them.
Appreciate 1
3tekcorps826.00
      07-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #76
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Your dealer is either lying or, best case, assuming BMW will mis-read demand for M2 Competition like they did at first with the 2016 M2. In 2016, the M2s were slowly trickling out to dealers and it was hard to get one so they did command premiums over MSRP. Do you think BMW has forgotten that they sold 12,293 M2s in MY2017 alone? I'm sure they'll try everything they can to meet demand this time and sell as many as they can. I'm no expert but I would expect to see more like 2-4,000 M2 competitions delivered in the US before the end of this year.

BMW has admitted that they built the original M2s too slowly and had to ramp up production big time. It would be insane for them to mess it up again. I believe M2 was actually the best selling M model in 2017 so hopefully they can stop acting surprised that people actually want to buy them.
Yea I would guess that production will start higher or ramp up faster than 2016 m2s did. A lot of buyers already have an N55 M2 and won't upgrade. There are some M3/4 people coming off lease though but they might not want to downgrade luxury or badge number and the lease rate probably won't be good. Those looking to the G series M3 won't want to get tied down to an M2C.

But reviews will probably be good, there will be demand, but it will probably be similar to N55 M2 overall.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:04 PM   #77
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Those looking to the G series M3 won't want to get tied down to an M2C.
Good point - while many of us would not cross-shop an M2 or M2C with an M3 since it's a lot bigger, 4-door, etc., I believe there are many others who would/will, so I think that's a valid point.
      07-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #78
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
'm sure they'll try everything they can to meet demand this time and sell as many as they can. I'm no expert but I would expect to see more like 2-4,000 M2 competitions delivered in the US before the end of this year.
There will not be that many by end of year. Almost all BMW models allocations are typically given out every month, but the M2 has been quarterly. The first batch of 512 allocations is for Q3(July-Sept). Most dealers got 2/3(some larger dealers 1 or 2 more). There will be another batch in Q4(Oct-Dec), most likely similar numbers to first batch.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #79
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

No more F80 allocations or OG M2’s = M2C will get even more interest? Dealers know this. Wait until reviews and hype builds...

If you have a lease ending....what Mcar would you buy? Right now you have M2, M3, M4, M2C, soon only 2 of those will be produced.

Look in the Midwest and get European Delivery, I am sure many areas with severe winters have people wanting to time it up with Spring.
Out West dealers have 10+ people on lists. Keep looking!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #80
akkando
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
No more F80 allocations or OG M2’s = M2C will get even more interest? Dealers know this. Wait until reviews and hype builds...

If you have a lease ending....what Mcar would you buy? Right now you have M2, M3, M4, M2C, soon only 2 of those will be produced.

Look in the Midwest and get European Delivery, I am sure many areas with severe winters have people wanting to time it up with Spring.
But the lease rate on M2 sucks. Really think lease Bros want a 2 series? I don't think so. They could get an M4 instead for like the same lease money.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #81
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
But the lease rate on M2 sucks. Really think lease Bros want a 2 series? I don't think so. They could get an M4 instead for like the same lease money.
I'm leasing an M4 and ending my lease early (lease transfer almost complete) to buy an M2C. Also know several other M3/M4 owners who are planning to buy M2C after their lease ends.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #82
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
There will not be that many by end of year. Almost all BMW models allocations are typically given out every month, but the M2 has been quarterly. The first batch of 512 allocations is for Q3(July-Sept). Most dealers got 2/3(some larger dealers 1 or 2 more). There will be another batch in Q4(Oct-Dec), most likely similar numbers to first batch.
Good info, I would think (or at least hope - maybe jush wishful thinking from me) that the second batch would be larger than the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post

This describes me exactly, I wanted an F80 M3 but I won't be ready to lease/buy until December at earliest and probably March or later so if I want a new M car I can either pay ~$60k for M2 Competition or $75k+ for an M4 the way I would want it.

For me: M4 has nicer leather and more comfortable adaptive suspension while M2 Competition looks better outside and saves me a trunkload of cash.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #83
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
I'm leasing an M4 and ending my lease early (lease transfer almost complete) to buy an M2C. Also know several other M3/M4 owners who are planning to buy M2C after their lease ends.
Why would someone drop from M4 to M2? For a smaller car? Wouldn't M2 Comp be a huge downgrade power wise from an M4 with a competition package? About a 50 hp decrease.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #84
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Why would someone drop from M4 to M2? For a smaller car? Wouldn't M2 Comp be a huge downgrade power wise from an M4 with a competition package? About a 50 hp decrease.
The stock power of M2C is a marketing gimmick just to position it below M3/M4. As soon as I'm done with the break-in period, I'm getting an M4 CS flash tune and before you even ask, yes I'll be risking my warranty. The main reason I'm interested in making this switch is the smaller size of the M2C while still sharing the exact same engine with the M3/M4.

I would describe my move from M4 Comp to M2 Comp as a downgrade in luxury but an upgrade in fun

Last edited by M-Pilot; 07-03-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #85
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Just going to voice some frustration. I thought I was first on the list and had the slot locked down but got the call at the last minute prior to building out the car to be told that they are seeing a lot of hype for this car and they don't plan on selling for MSRP and i lost my spot and don't have the ability to build or spec it out.

I guess at the end of the day it's nice to not worry and save some money but on the other hand I was looking forward to it.

Just saying, this whole experience is shit.

OK, I will name names...This is EXACTLY what happened to me with McKenna/South Bay for the 2016 M2's. I started the M2 list when the M235 was announced. I was told at ordering time "the first car is 15k over sticker and no ED possible on any M2 as they want dealer delivery on all". Used Porsches benefit from the ethics of some BMW dealers.

I posted my issue on this forum, as you have, and someone who was on the list at a client friendly dealer contacted me as they were not going to commit. I got my car out of market. These, like the original M2 are NOT going to be the 1M regarding long term value. If you really want an M2C...wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #86
Sideshow
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You can ship it or drive a car from Texas to home for less than 5k.
Exactly what I'm going to do...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #87
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
The stock power of M2C is a marketing gimmick just to position it below M3/M4. As soon as I'm done with the break-in period, I'm getting an M4 CS flash tune and before you even ask, yes I'll be risking my warranty. The main reason I'm interested in making this switch is the smaller size of the M2C while still sharing the exact same engine with the M3/M4.

I would describe my move from M4 Comp to M2 Comp as a downgrade in luxury but an upgrade in fun
What is interesting is torque rating(406tq) is the same between the M2C, base M4, and M4C.
Appreciate 0