BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

01-26-2018, 12:22 AM   #1585
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruswain View Post
And when you choose "restore" it lets you select a restore point? I don't seem to have that option on android. Anyone with android know? I'll check with Bimmercode as well.
Pick any module.
Select it.
Click the backups button in the bottom right hand corner.
Pick the one you want to load and it will restore those settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scadagawd View Post
Tried to code the "One Touch" Lane change count from 3 blinks to 4 but couldn't find it in FEM_01 module. Not sure where it's located at. Any thoughts? Thanks.
They removed it. Doesn't exist on the newer versions of ISTEP.
My 2017 used to have the option and after a software update it ceased to exist.
Also don't recall that there was ever a 4 blink option. It was 3 or 5.
That's too bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:15 AM   #1586
bruswain
Private
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

[QUOTE=andrewc89;22700501]Pick any module.
Select it.
Click the backups button in the bottom right hand corner.
Pick the one you want to load and it will restore those settings.

thanks, looks like it's different on android, no backup options
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #1587
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
This is truly a sad news. Push me to do the LCI cluster swap

Thanks anyway for letting me know.

According to @andrewc89 there isn't coding available yet, but it is possible if bimmercode can do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #1588
scadagawd
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jycf87 View Post
According to @andrewc89 there isn't coding available yet, but it is possible if bimmercode can do it.
Just confirmed from Stephan from Bimmercode, his comment is "BMW restricted this to max 3, so this is no longer possible unfortunately."
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #1589
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
It's easier and quicker than coding with ESYS but comes at the risk of losing connection to the car mid way though the process which can result in some headaches. Not very common but it happened to me once. Backups wouldn't fix it. Had to have BMW recode the car. Fortunately they did it for free and updated my istep.

To minimize the possibility of a connection failure use the recommended wifi odb II reader, not a bluetooth one. The range and connection is better with wifi.

Code with your engine running if you can. If you're unable to run the car at least leave the driver door open and turn on parking lights.

Shut off the heat/ac and mute the radio.

Code in close proximity of the car. Drivers seat is best.
What's the point of leaving driver door open? The car won't shut off? Actually mine is coded to shut off when I open door.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #1590
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What's the point of leaving driver door open? The car won't shut off? Actually mine is coded to shut off when I open door.
Your coding has nothing to do with that. That's for when you shut the engine off and open the door.

What I'm talking about is If the door is open and the parking lights are on and you press the start stop button once your electronics on mode will stay on much longer thus not interrupting your connection to the WiFi ob2 reader.

If you code with the engine running you don't have to do this.
      01-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #1591
Jeff_2015_228i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228i Xdrive; 528i Xdrive

I know this is an older thread (just came across it in a search), but WOW, your dealer techs would really have an issue with my car... (not an M2, which I would love to own but was only a dream back in early 2015). I have lots of things coded. But I never coded getting the mirrors to fold on lock - mainly because I have a convertible and that action closes the top. But then there are the other things that are hard to miss... temp on tire pressure, different active sound setting, startup screen display, removal of all warnings, disable start/stop... not to mention the Dinan stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #1592
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Hey all, so there's nearly 70 pages of discussion here and I admit I have not looked through every page. My question may have been answered already. If so, hoping someone can throw me a bone and answer anyway:

With the car locked and the alarm set, if you press the door lock button on the FOB, you can hear the door lock mechanism engage but that's the only signal anything is happening. I'm one of those people who chronically sets the alarm, walks away, and a block later thinks "did I set my alarm?" Is there a way to code in the marker lights to flash or the horn to beep when you press the lock button on an already locked and alarmed car?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 06:08 PM   #1593
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hey all, so there's nearly 70 pages of discussion here and I admit I have not looked through every page. My question may have been answered already. If so, hoping someone can throw me a bone and answer anyway:

With the car locked and the alarm set, if you press the door lock button on the FOB, you can hear the door lock mechanism engage but that's the only signal anything is happening. I'm one of those people who chronically sets the alarm, walks away, and a block later thinks "did I set my alarm?" Is there a way to code in the marker lights to flash or the horn to beep when you press the lock button on an already locked and alarmed car?
I believe you can do this without even coding...its in iDrive settings:
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 06:46 PM   #1594
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
I believe you can do this without even coding...its in iDrive settings:
You're correct, you can set the lights to flash and an audible chirp on lock/unlock. However, it's just the first lock. Example: You pull into a parking spot. get out. Lock the car either with the FOB or the comfort access "button" on the door handle. The lights flash and the car chirps. You walk away on autopilot and cat recall if you locked the car. If you push the lock button on the FOB at this point you get nothing. No lights, no chirp.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #1595
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
You're correct, you can set the lights to flash and an audible chirp on lock/unlock. However, it's just the first lock. Example: You pull into a parking spot. get out. Lock the car either with the FOB or the comfort access "button" on the door handle. The lights flash and the car chirps. You walk away on autopilot and cat recall if you locked the car. If you push the lock button on the FOB at this point you get nothing. No lights, no chirp.
FYI - locking the car again (within 10 seconds) also disables the internal motion sensors (and I think another sensor...tilt maybe? It's described in the manual and allows you to leave a pet or child in locked car without setting off the alarm)

...so you may not want to do that...I always just lock it and check the driver's door because I also sometimes am on auto-pilot and worry I didn't actually lock the car.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11460.50
      01-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #1596
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
FYI - locking the car again (within 10 seconds) also disables the internal motion sensors (and I think another sensor...tilt maybe? It's described in the manual and allows you to leave a pet or child in locked car without setting off the alarm)

...so you may not want to do that...I always just lock it and check the driver's door because I also sometimes am on auto-pilot and worry I didn't actually lock the car.
That one I did know about. Found out the hard way when I left my 2 dogs in the car and ducked into a coffee shop. Oops!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 03:17 AM   #1597
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

I heard coding ID6 lite from ID5 will have Idrive display G30 5 series drew instead of F22, is that true?
      01-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #1598
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
An alternative way to determine whether your car is locked from a distance is to code the mirrors to fold when the car is locked ... and if locking the car = arming the alarm, then you can tell from a distance whether or not the car is alarmed

It doesn't require any further button presses ... I don't have the alarm installed, but I can use this option to determine whether I've locked the car from a distance.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11460.50
jonahk705.00
      01-28-2018, 12:41 AM   #1599
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
An alternative way to determine whether your car is locked from a distance is to code the mirrors to fold when the car is locked ... and if locking the car = arming the alarm, then you can tell from a distance whether or not the car is alarmed

It doesn't require any further button presses ... I don't have the alarm installed, but I can use this option to determine whether I've locked the car from a distance.
Hey that's genius! Love it. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf163.00
      01-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #1600
///Mē
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
I heard coding ID6 lite from ID5 will have Idrive display G30 5 series drew instead of F22, is that true?
I have ID6 lite coded and it shows the 2 series not the 5 series.
      01-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #1601
subliminalaudio
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post

Hey that's genius! Love it. Thanks!
Another way is using the Bmw App
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #1602
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

tried this last night. Took a bit of time to connect and initially it wouldn't connect to the wifi one. Then I disconnected wifi and tried again and it worked. Took about 15 mins to code VIM from start to finish.

I asked a local coder in the area for the same thing. He said $50 for VIM coding. And if the dealer reverts coding, $20 again. The icar plus the software costed me about $70. Now I can easily code other cars too!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #1603
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

FYI, for those with an MY18. I had the Instrument Panel recall software update done this past week and (as I expected would happen), all of my coding was wiped out. The only item that I'm not positive was put back to stock is ASD.

I just got done putting all my coding back in. The setting that Bimmercode read for ASD was "default", so I went ahead and coded it to Inactive.

The dealer didn't say anything about the car having been coded, so they either didn't notice or didn't care.
      01-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #1604
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I know if you get coded by Alex@Alpine he will re-code you if the dealer wipes it out with a software update. I am not doing the software update unless i have an issue since it does not seem to be a wide spread problem......
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #1605
Tumbleweeds78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Check your phone app?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11460.50
AndrewC198910931.00
      01-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #1606
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds78 View Post
Check your phone app?
Ummmmm, yeah, soooo about that app. I remember BMW pestering me about it and I never downloaded it. Totally forgot it even exists.

Downloading it now. That certainly does solve my problem doesn't it. I'm embarrassed to admit just how many times I've been sitting in my office at work and thought "did I lock my car" and I actually get up and walk to the parking garage (2 blocks away) to check.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 01-30-2018 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 1