BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > New equal length AA Exhaust?

Closed Thread

02-01-2021, 01:14 AM   #463
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lengrenjt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsnice View Post
Installed mine, it paired up to my Remus Race axleback and stock downpipes. With the valves closed it's quiet with a nice deep smooth tone. Valves open it sounds like a completely different animal.
Videos don't do this setup justice.
Are you running the res or non-res version EL mid?
Thanks!
Wish he would post sound clips
      02-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #464
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C 2019

So turns out AA decided to redesign the resonated midpipe, as the goal setup for most resonated midpipes is to run a catless downpipe and sound good in the process. The 2k rasp w/ res midpipe + catless dp was improved alittle but it's still loud and about! Below is the new resonator they slapped on. Sold the midpipe cuz it's just not driveable! Embarrassing...

They stated all M4s run this setup and they don't think it sounds bad. Turns out the exhaust company's reliance on Taiwan manufacturing and zero testing is kicking in. Hope they don't clear out the inventory on you guys.

Y'all need to jump off their dicks and stop boasting your cheap ass midpipes. They are cheap for a reason and are the last thing from US made.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #465
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like you stole it

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_jondagger View Post
Y'all need to jump off their dicks and stop boasting your cheap ass midpipes. They are cheap for a reason and are the last thing from US made.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #466
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Quote:
Sorry not but not sorry lol... I've had face to face time with them....

1. They say s55 caps out at 540whp e85 tune (no more)
2. All parts are made in Taiwan
3. They are okay with shit sounding exhaust and don't drive test sounds, only rev test
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #467
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:

3. They are okay with shit sounding exhaust and don't drive test sounds, only rev test
1. Who cares
2. Who cares
3. Wrong - watch the BMW Invasion vids.

Have you tried running a different rear section?

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect any aftermarket midpipe to sound great without cats and not experimenting with mufflers.

Look at Tommy L Garage: he ended up cutting an Akra system and pairing it with a single midpipe to get the sound he likes.

Get off your ass and make enough money to try some different options.
Appreciate 2
JustinHEMI7445.00
StephGOD218.50
      02-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #468
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
Quote:

1. Who cares
2. Who cares
3. Wrong - watch the BMW Invasion vids.

Have you tried running a different rear section?

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect any aftermarket midpipe to sound great without cats and not experimenting with mufflers.

Look at Tommy L Garage: he ended up cutting an Akra system and pairing it with a single midpipe to get the sound he likes.

Get off your ass and make enough money to try some different options.
Big boy big racks with the stock crank hub :,( looks who's talking #brokecity I'm obviously going a different route than this midpipe. It's trash design too. Zigzagging the air causing turbulence , poor concept

I shouldn't have to R&D a product which should've been tested.. like buying an iPhone to ghetto rig a better camera? Get ur standards up big boy
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #469
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Big boy big racks with the stock crank hub :,( looks who's talking #brokecity I'm obviously going a different route than this midpipe. It's trash design too. Zigzagging the air causing turbulence , poor concept

I shouldn't have to R&D a product which should've been tested.. like buying an iPhone to ghetto rig a better camera? Get ur standards up big boy
I just went back and reread your past posts... I would be mad too if this happened to me. But luckily I'm just running AA single mid and Remus race muffler. I love the sound of mine.

Hope you get it fixed soon cause I know you can't go back to stock now.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #470
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I just went back and reread your past posts... I would be mad too if this happened to me. But luckily I'm just running AA single mid and Remus race muffler. I love the sound of mine.

Hope you get it fixed soon cause I know you can't go back to stock now.
Already slipped the stock back on and sold the midpipe (muffler clamps). Took the L, couldn't stand it anymore.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #471
lnsaneM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Already slipped the stock back on and sold the midpipe (muffler clamps). Took the L, couldn't stand it anymore.
How does the stock exhaust system sound with catless downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #472
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
How does the stock exhaust system sound with catless downpipes?
Amazing. Louder deeper and zero rasp
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #473
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
I'm switching to the standard AA pipe just requested it. f this shit

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #474
Supadice
Captain
Rep

Wow this is pretty intense. I'm on the fence about the equal pipes. I have heard some sound good. Could this Just be a bad batch, or the resonator being too small? What is going on exactly. The equal pipes on the M4's sound pretty good. Not sure if it's because they were using the larger resonators or what.
      02-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #475
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFEA View Post
I run the single mid pipe from AA with the Remus race rear and absolutely love it! No rasp and a deep throaty note when I want it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 08:51 PM   #476
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

AA single mid pipe with no secondary cats and MPE exhaust and car sounds pretty mean. Some of the equal length sound pretty sweet at WOT but sounds like some are questionable at lower rpm
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #477
GFEA
@333m2c
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c f87 S55

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFEA View Post
I run the single mid pipe from AA with the Remus race rear and absolutely love it! No rasp and a deep throaty note when I want it.
Do you have catless down pipes?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1805010
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 10:36 PM   #478
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
Wow this is pretty intense. I'm on the fence about the equal pipes. I have heard some sound good. Could this Just be a bad batch, or the resonator being too small? What is going on exactly. The equal pipes on the M4's sound pretty good. Not sure if it's because they were using the larger resonators or what.
I tried both. I had Active change out the small one for me. It was garbage in both scenarios. Something else inherently wrong either with the shortness of the overall setup or the stock muffler. But catless dp and resonated el was terrible for me. Embarrassing to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 11:00 PM   #479
echoshotz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Seems only those who have catless downpipes are unhappy with the EL. Stock cats/dp's sound fine through the equal length and most every muffler
Appreciate 2
StephGOD218.50
Supadice1027.50
      02-03-2021, 12:06 AM   #480
Supadice
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoshotz View Post
Quote:
Seems only those who have catless downpipes are unhappy with the EL. Stock cats/dp's sound fine through the equal length and most every muffler
Got it. I'm thinking of a setup for my CS. I was leaning towards the equal pipes and a Remus Race or Sport.
      02-03-2021, 08:16 AM   #481
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Got it. I'm thinking of a setup for my CS. I was leaning towards the equal pipes and a Remus Race or Sport.
Remus sport is backordered til at least March... I was told.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #482
Supadice
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Quote:
Remus sport is backordered til at least March... I was told.
I like the sound of the sport the best. I'm thinking sport with equal non res
      02-03-2021, 12:30 PM   #483
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
I tried both. I had Active change out the small one for me. It was garbage in both scenarios. Something else inherently wrong either with the shortness of the overall setup or the stock muffler. But catless dp and resonated el was terrible for me. Embarrassing to drive.
Jon,

Lets be very clear and honest. You came in the morning to test drive your vehicle with the larger resonators that we installed for you at no cost to make you happy. You came back from your test drive and gave us the go ahead saying it was much better.

Sorry If I don't understand why you are slandering and making baseless claims about our company via your keyboard. We were nothing but nice and helpful to you and you could have easily called us for a exchange or return.

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 02-03-2021 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 3
JustinHEMI7445.00
Vulpe279.50
StephGOD218.50
      02-03-2021, 01:35 PM   #484
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Quote:
Jon,

Lets be very clear and honest. You came in the morning to test drive your vehicle with the larger resonators that we installed for you at no cost to make you happy. You came back from your test drive and gave us the go ahead saying it was much better.

Sorry If I don't understand why you are slandering and making baseless claims about our company via your keyboard. We were nothing but nice and helpful to you and you could of easily of called us for a exchange or return.
Would you be able to do that and honor the return then? I'm still holding on the exhaust in my garage.

I was transparent that the sound was NOT good and the issue was still there, yet it was improved. I was told this is all that could be done. I tried to enjoy it and it was the same issue with a 20% reduction.

I also have friends going through the same thing right now.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread