BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C Ordered!

10-15-2018, 04:09 AM   #1
Benjoepen
Rep
Drives: M140i VO

Smile M2C Ordered!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've been telling myself for the last year and a half that I'd treat myself to an M2 once a project at work was finished. (For those who will understand, that project was a game called Forza Horizon 4, and you may have spotted the M2 during the opening sequence if you've played it...)

I put the order in on Saturday while staying with my folks down in Devon. I love that drive so the thought of it's first journey being that one back to the midlands felt like a good idea!

One dilemma though is that I ordered LBB and I'm now thinking HS is the better choice. I like how few of the blue I've seen so far on the competition but that silver does look smart... I might give the dealer a call on the way home today but I'm curious what people think of the paint options on the competition?

This will be my first full blown M car so I'm pretty excited. I've been driving an M140i for nearly two years, shared between me and my wife. It's an amazing car and my wife's happy to have that guy all to herself but I can't wait to get my hands on the new wheels!
Appreciate 2
///M Houbi1653.00
COChris888.50
      10-15-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
kmuk2005
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (HS, DCT)

Thank you for Forza Horizon 4 Sir.

re: colour - obviously a personal choice but i'd definitely take a look at HS before committing to LBB - it's an exclusive colour to the M2C and it definitely works.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 05:39 AM   #3
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

You won't go wrong either way. kmuk loves his HS and my LBB makes me smile every time I see it. I didn't end up actually picking the LBB, the decision was made for me by circumstance, which was great since I couldn't figure out what I wanted (LBB, HS, or SO).
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 06:00 AM   #4
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C DCT

If you work in the dev team you should have them meet with true enthusiasts (of both games and cars) to have the little inconsistencies fixed. Overall pretty decent game, though.

In regards to the actual car, go LBB!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
Shekels
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C HS Nov 2018

I went HS, but would have gone LBB if I didn’t need subtlety! Either will be good, but HS has the M2C exclusivity.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
Faikius
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2 Comp / 16' Golf R

LBB all the way

What is your estimated delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
Benjoepen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faikius View Post
LBB all the way

What is your estimated delivery date?
I’m currently leaning towards HS after doing some more googling. Estimated date is March something. It’s now the hideous wait... I’m hoping the car gets a bit of air time on Top Gear or The Grand Tour to help me through!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #8
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

LBB is awesome, I had a really hard time choosing between LBB again like on my 2017 or HS. I went HS for a change.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #9
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

While HS is a nice color, unless you are a few feet away from the car it looks like every other white/grey variant on the road which is great if you want to become invisible on the highway. LBB is a special color that makes an "M" statement, IMHO.
Appreciate 2
      10-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #10
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Congrats to the car and THANKS for the game!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

I'm having a hard time going back an forth between HS and LBB. LBB really pops and I think it looks special even when it's dirty. I haven't seen HS in real life but I've seen the Volkswagen's White Silver and it did nothing for me. With that being said, to my understanding, HS is a little more special than the Volkswagen color and it has some warmer tones present in the flakes. I think the carbon bits look a lot better on HS than LBB and I definitely want to get the rear diffuser and spoiler and maybe the splitter.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
I ordered HS and I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't super impressed when I first saw it in person in a fairly dark dealer showroom. It looks much better outside IMO but still can't say I was blown away. I decided on HS by eliminating other colors due to lack of options and I must say LBB was the first color that was crossed off of my list. No matter how blue it looks in the pics, whenever I see LBB in person I immediately notice very strong "green-ish blue" effect, which I really don't like at all. If I hadn't seen LBB in person, I would have ordered it and it would have been a big regret for me. If you saw it in person in different lighting conditions and liked it then definitely go for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 11:13 PM   #13
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Congrats OP. Neither, get SO.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:52 AM   #14
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjoepen View Post
I've been telling myself for the last year and a half that I'd treat myself to an M2 once a project at work was finished.
I read that and was like this guy works on games. Checked the location and thought Forza probably. Maybe after the next project is done you'll buy a horse..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:13 AM   #15
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Well it’s all personal taste. To me HS is the only colour. It’s magic. Having said that BSM is a close second but the stress is too high.

In other news, the only game on the PS4 (that I know of) with an M2 is The Crew 2. It’s great in concept but it has zero driving engagement.

Can’t you jump ship and get us an M2C in Project Cars 2 or GT Sport. Go on. New challenges are exciting.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #16
Benjoepen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Well it’s all personal taste. To me HS is the only colour. It’s magic. Having said that BSM is a close second but the stress is too high.

In other news, the only game on the PS4 (that I know of) with an M2 is The Crew 2. It’s great in concept but it has zero driving engagement.

Can’t you jump ship and get us an M2C in Project Cars 2 or GT Sport. Go on. New challenges are exciting.
Nah, sorry. You’ll just have to buy an Xbox!..

I confirmed the order change to HS. I was always a little jealous of the m140s in silver when I saw them so I’m obviously into that look and everyone has been saying how great the finish is on this specific incarnation.

I also asked the dealer to look into getting the m-sport alcantara wheel as an after market add on. If anyone has a good idea how much I should expect them to quote so I don’t get caught out that would be cool...
Appreciate 1
Davil6467.50
      10-16-2018, 08:41 PM   #17
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

Quote:

I confirmed the order change to HS. I was always a little jealous of the m140s in silver when I saw them so I’m obviously into that look and everyone has been saying how great the finish is on this specific incarnation.

I also asked the dealer to look into getting the m-sport alcantara wheel as an after market add on. If anyone has a good idea how much I should expect them to quote so I don’t get caught out that would be cool...
I ordered LBB because I just don't want to blend in with everyone on the road. I actually think the car has better presence and looks better in SBM but owning a black car that has to be perfectly clean to look good is some stress I don't need in my life.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #18
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:

OP, you can't go wrong with the HS. Any CF bits you get will only make the car look that much more special - the black on "white" really pops.

Unbidden, on 2 different occasions now, 2 different dudes have come up to me as I was parking my car at Chick-Fil-A (I discovered Chick-Fil-A this year, and eat there probably 3 times a week now. I've also gained 10 pounds this year, but correlation is not causation.) and have said, "That's an awesome color, man."

Though... no girls have come up to me to compliment me on the car. There was one cute gal at Chick-Fil-A who smiled my way, but only because she wanted to talk to my 2 year-old. Totally emasculating when you think a cute girl is smiling at you, but it turns out they're really just trying to get your kid's attention.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #19
friiky2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cupra290 - M2C ordered

I also ordered blue because of the same reason. The only downside is, that in Germany, I feel like every M2 is blue.

But I did not like the orange so... no choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 09:46 PM   #20
Ceramic Rabbit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord V6 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by friiky2 View Post
I also ordered blue because of the same reason. The only downside is, that in Germany, I feel like every M2 is blue.

Good thing in the USA every car is black, white, or a shade of gray!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:16 PM   #21
friiky2
Registered
Rep
Drives: Cupra290 - M2C ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by friiky2 View Post

Good thing in the USA every car is black, white, or a shade of gray!
that is also true for nearly every car in germany.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:32 PM   #22
fullstack
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: around in circles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
OP, you can't go wrong with the HS. Any CF bits you get will only make the car look that much more special - the black on "white" really pops.

Unbidden, on 2 different occasions now, 2 different dudes have come up to me as I was parking my car at Chick-Fil-A (I discovered Chick-Fil-A this year, and eat there probably 3 times a week now. I've also gained 10 pounds this year, but correlation is not causation.) and have said, "That's an awesome color, man."

Though... no girls have come up to me to compliment me on the car. There was one cute gal at Chick-Fil-A who smiled my way, but only because she wanted to talk to my 2 year-old. Totally emasculating when you think a cute girl is smiling at you, but it turns out they're really just trying to get your kid's attention.
They're just trying to use your kid as a buffer because they're drawn to you but they don't want to take initiative because they think it makes them look desperate. c'mon man!
Appreciate 0