BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > A day talking M2, M2C and M2 CS...

06-22-2020, 04:56 AM   #67
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Apparently torque curve is improved. It's 2 seconds quicker 100-200 and around half a second quicker over the quarter. That's pretty substantial.

That is a lot. Where do you have this info from?
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26308976
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #68
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
@MR. Did the interior give you a sense of feeling more premium or special when compared to the C? "Lively" might be a better descriptor for what I'm asking.
Just the same with a few nice extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Thank you for the information! In terms of the wheel arch extension, is the mandate that the entire tire fit under the wheel arch because of noise concerns? Seems bizarre that that the tiny extension will make a meaningful difference.

In terms of rocks getting stuck between the calipers and the the barrel, I'm actually surprised that is still an issue. When I had my F80 M3C, this happened six times over three years. After over a year with the M2C, not once (I have not moved). Maybe I've just been lucky...

Strictly as a DD, I can't imagine spending the extra money for the CS. Track use + BMW fanatic + no financial concerns = of course!

Edit, apparently, the wheel arch extensions are about noise...https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/06/21/b...nical-details/
You have been lucky. BMW has f**cked up when it comes to the wheel scratching issue. It has been there since the M4 GTS and other models. We can't do anything about it though other than going a small front disc and keeping the 6-pots caliper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Apparently torque curve is improved. It's 2 seconds quicker 100-200 and around half a second quicker over the quarter. That's pretty substantial.
No word about that to me...

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 07:44 AM   #69
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In publicity: saturated wheel color:
Attachment 2344518

In real life, it's more 'silver with a touch of gold' than 'gold with a touch of silver':
In natural light they do appear to be much lighter on the gold.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #70
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Guys, I received the information from Michelin on the new Cup 2 for the M2. Tyres aren’t released yet. Due to be released in July.

Production numbers are: 120817 245s and 266154 265s.

Both are Pilot Sport Cup 2 * DT1 Connect tyres, which are homologated by BMW to be used on your car. They will premiere on the M2 CS, but can also be used on the M2 and M2C.

The sensor kit is not included and costs an additional 500 GBP. The sensors are installed when you fit the tires and the control box needs USB power. You can fit that near a USB port. App you can install on your phone.
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #71
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I met up with the project lead of the BMW M2 series, and I had the chance to ask him everything. Of course, he could not answer all, but shared a lot of information about the M2 CS that many of you guys might not know yet. (Or maybe do...)
Adding this interesting quote from you (posted in a YT comment) about the 'cow udder':
Quote:
I spoke to the M2 project lead of BMW M and he explained to me the reason for the ugly exhaust bulge hanging under the back of the car.
The reason is crash safety of the rear end of the car. The main reason it is hanging so low is that when you have a rear impact from someone else driving into the back of you, the exhaust slides downwards and not upwards plus inwards.
This was the official reason to hang the rear muffler so low, while we all know there is a lot of space above the rear muffler. They could have put it higher into the bodywork, but crash safety stopped them from doing it.
The shape of the backbox has all to do with the emission regulations and the fact that the car had to be homologated for all countries across the world. A cost decision was made to have a system that works across all markets and not different systems for different markets.
      06-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #72
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Adding this interesting quote from you (posted in a YT comment) about the 'cow udder':
Interesting! I just assumed they had to mount it that way because of lack of space as compared to the M3/M4.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #73
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
MR is our resident ITK. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #74
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Not sure why, but the M2C exhaust has never bothered me as much as it seems to bother others . . . in fact, I like the exhaust.

What I do NOT like and cannot find replacement to my liking are the exhaust tips. Actually the tips would be perfectly fine in term of material and form . . . they are just too small.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
KevM2723.50
      06-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #75
Acetech
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3. 98 M3. 11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Not sure why, but the M2C exhaust has never bothered me as much as it seems to bother others . . . in fact, I like the exhaust.

What I do NOT like and cannot find replacement to my liking are the exhaust tips. Actually the tips would be perfectly fine in term of material and form . . . they are just too small.

///AVM
What about the XPH Carbon tips? Bigger and good looking
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #76
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetech View Post
Thank you Ace . . . but not what I am after.

Personally, not a fan of CF exhaust tips. Admittedly, I am VERY picky about this particular item and have found nothing that fits the bill aesthetically and/or fits to my standards.

In an ideal world, the below AWE exhaust tips would be available with OEM fitment . . . but they are not.

///AVM
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 03:26 PM   #77
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:

Personally, not a fan of CF exhaust tips. Admittedly, I am VERY picky about this particular item and have found nothing that fits the bill aesthetically and/or fits to my standards.

In an ideal world, the below AWE exhaust tips would be available with OEM fitment . . . but they are not.

///AVM
I see this as a great opportunity to design and fabricate something to your spec 😉.

If you bank roll me, I will make it happen. I also require a company car, preferably German and from Stuttgart
      06-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #78
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Admittedly, I am VERY picky about this particular item and have found nothing that fits the bill aesthetically and/or fits to my standards.
I'm sure you can probably get something custom, to your liking..
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
ChrisK4449.00
      06-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #79
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

///AVM
I see this as a great opportunity to design and fabricate something to your spec 😉.

If you bank roll me, I will make it happen. I also require a company car, preferably German and from Stuttgart
JC

I would love to fund your project. . . but I'm currently funding Lululemon via four young daughters that insist they cannot wear anything else . . . and a wife that stands by their claims 🤣

///AVM
Appreciate 3
JCZ51482.50
sdhotwn2128.50
arciga181728.50
      06-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #80
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Poochie . . . getting closer

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      06-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #81
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

///AVM

JC

I would love to fund your project. . . but I'm currently funding Lululemon via four young daughters that insist they cannot wear anything else . . . and a wife that stands by their claims 🤣

///AVM
Oh man, you're going to go bankrupt 😂😂

Sidebar - They do make fantastic products and even as a man, I appreciate their quality and products. But luckily, I rather add carbon fiber bits to my car instead of athleisure wear. Although they cost about the same so...🤷*♂️
      06-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #82
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Poochie . . . getting closer

///AVM
I wish I had a quick answer but I already see you're one of those picky ones.. 🤨

Me, I threw on some M Performance carbon fiber tips like 3 years ago and forgot about them.. :

Best of luck with your intricate quest for the perfect tips
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      06-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #83
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
11. We discussed our common issues with our cars and BMW is aware internally what issues are common and which we ask warranty for, such as the rear lights and the crank hub. Surprisingly, the stone-between-barrel-and-caliper issue wasn't really a thing they had a solution for.
I have shared some photos of the CS that was on site which had some damage. We discussed a smaller disc and brake kit, but that is not a cheap solution. Choose the normal stock brake kit on a M2C seems to be a smart move, but I think CS owners will have to deal with a lot of scratched wheels. The caliper is damn freaking close to the barrel of the wheels.
So they are aware of the crank hub issue but yet they used the same crank hub in the M2CS with 40 more horsepower?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #84
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
So they are aware of the crank hub issue but yet they used the same crank hub in the M2CS with 40 more horsepower?
Yes. But that’s similar horsepower to what the m3/4 competition packages run yes? And they’ve sold tons of those.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:11 PM   #85
KevM2
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 F87 M2C, 2023 G87 M2

Garage List
BMW M2 Competition  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Yes. But that's similar horsepower to what the m3/4 competition packages run yes? And they've sold tons of those.

Very true. I suppose it's the torque value that has more of a bearing on the crank hub and those are all the same for all S55 unless it's tuned
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      07-01-2020, 06:02 AM   #86
nlebi
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
10. The brake air cooling ducts in the M2 CS Racing (which I saw as well) fit on our M2 and M2C cars. Like the carbon door cards, the front bumper can be ordered via the Motorsport parts list and fitted accordingly. There was also someone who mentioned that there was a template somewhere to drill the hole in your stock bumper.
Hi Marc, any more info or any hint on where to find more infos regarding this ? Thanks for all the insights btw
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #87
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
MR is our resident ITK. Thanks!
I do my best where I can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlebi View Post
Hi Marc, any more info or any hint on where to find more infos regarding this ? Thanks for all the insights btw
Nope nothing new.

MR
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #88
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Bizarre picture today on one of the Nürburgring cameras.
M2CS on a truck...

Appreciate 1
F87EVO4031.00