BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Insurance questions

01-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Insurance questions

I've been a insurance agent for lots of years and have seen all kinds of cars, policies and claims.
That's why I like Hagerty for my Z4MC, 1M and now M2CS.
I got a email today that I thought I'd share explaining some of the differences between their policy and a normal auto policy.
Enjoy!

What We Insure
Collector vehicles come in all shapes, sizes and vintages. In fact, it's more about how the customer uses the vehicle than the specific age. If your customer has more cars than household drivers, there is likely a Hagerty-qualified vehicle in the household. Or if you know that a customer has a special car that's not used as a daily driver, it may also qualify for Hagerty.
Hagerty's Private Client Services program offers service, coverage and expert handling for your client's high net worth collections over $500,000. Click Here for More Information

Here is how Hagerty compares to a standard market policy
Hagerty offers coverage created specifically for enthusiasts and their vehicles, and that includes modern enthusiast vehicles as well!
Coverage
Hagerty - With Guaranteed Value® coverage, we agree on an accurate value up front then pay that amount. Guaranteed.
Standard Market - Many offer Stated Value, which allows insurer to pay lesser between stated value and actual cash value (based on used-car market)
Claims handling
Hagerty - Handled by Hagerty experts who are trained in collector car repair.
Standard Market - Handled by adjusters who deal mostly with daily use cars.
Replacement Parts
Hagerty - We pay for original replacement parts whenever possible, and even have a dedicated team of experts to find rare parts.
Standard market - Often only provide the cheapest and/or after-market parts
2taCoS279.00
MomoM3984.00
      01-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #2
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
I've been a insurance agent for lots of years and have seen all kinds of cars, policies and claims.
That's why I like Hagerty for my Z4MC, 1M and now M2CS.
I got a email today that I thought I'd share explaining some of the differences between their policy and a normal auto policy.
Enjoy!

What We Insure
Collector vehicles come in all shapes, sizes and vintages. In fact, it's more about how the customer uses the vehicle than the specific age. If your customer has more cars than household drivers, there is likely a Hagerty-qualified vehicle in the household. Or if you know that a customer has a special car that's not used as a daily driver, it may also qualify for Hagerty.
Hagerty's Private Client Services program offers service, coverage and expert handling for your client's high net worth collections over $500,000. Click Here for More Information

Here is how Hagerty compares to a standard market policy
Hagerty offers coverage created specifically for enthusiasts and their vehicles, and that includes modern enthusiast vehicles as well!
Coverage
Hagerty - With Guaranteed Value® coverage, we agree on an accurate value up front then pay that amount. Guaranteed.
Standard Market - Many offer Stated Value, which allows insurer to pay lesser between stated value and actual cash value (based on used-car market)
Claims handling
Hagerty - Handled by Hagerty experts who are trained in collector car repair.
Standard Market - Handled by adjusters who deal mostly with daily use cars.
Replacement Parts
Hagerty - We pay for original replacement parts whenever possible, and even have a dedicated team of experts to find rare parts.
Standard market - Often only provide the cheapest and/or after-market parts
I have the same.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 09:25 PM   #3
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Hagerty was a substantial premium over other providers. But, I only had to spend 5 minutes on the phone with Geico to be concerned about how a claim or heaven forbid a total loss would be handled. Their agents breezed by questions about terms such as 'guaranteed value' or to add the car as a CS, and not Comp. In contrast, Hagerty were super professional, I spoke directly to the underwriter to add additional add-ons and PPF to the policy.

Having the peace of mind especially considering the dire quality of drivers on Austin's roads (I narrowly missed being side-swiped this weekend), glad to have gone with the higher premium.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 10:08 PM   #4
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taCoS View Post
Hagerty was a substantial premium over other providers. But, I only had to spend 5 minutes on the phone with Geico to be concerned about how a claim or heaven forbid a total loss would be handled. Their agents breezed by questions about terms such as 'guaranteed value' or to add the car as a CS, and not Comp. In contrast, Hagerty were super professional, I spoke directly to the underwriter to add additional add-ons and PPF to the policy.

Having the peace of mind especially considering the dire quality of drivers on Austin's roads (I narrowly missed being side-swiped this weekend), glad to have gone with the higher premium.
Good call. I wish hagerty had a mileage threshold and not just DD. I only do 50mi per week for work. I'm sure some do more than that and still get to partake in their policies. Maybe they'll consider my electric bike as a 3rd vehicle :P
Appreciate 1