BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS delivery - Australia (MB - M-DCT - 2NH - BLK 763M - Cup2)

01-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #23
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Looks great!!! I have the same spec but in 6MT. Nice seeing pics. Should get mine the following week. Enjoy it!! Paint, wheels, and caliper color combo looks fantastic.
Appreciate 1
Davil6523.00
      01-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #24
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Looks great!!! I have the same spec but in 6MT. Nice seeing pics. Should get mine the following week. Enjoy it!! Paint, wheels, and caliper color combo looks fantastic.
Thanks. I know people keep saying it, but photos cannot do this car justice. You may swoon when you first see your car in the metal.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3984.00
      01-23-2021, 05:28 PM   #25
Rev_Hi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 718 Spyder

Congrats on a beautiful car! I had an M2C on order but switched to the CS so I really appreciated your initial observations vs the M2C. Enjoy!

MomoM3 I think my spec is identical to yours. Can't wait!
Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
MomoM3984.00
      01-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #26
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Congrats and thanks for sharing your day with us. The jacket is the icing on the cake for me. A touch of class.
Davil6523.00
      01-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #27
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Thanks. I know people keep saying it, but photos cannot do this car justice. You may swoon when you first see your car in the metal.
I have never seen the M2 CS in the flesh. Have seen the Misano Blue in person and I loved it. Can't wait. In the meanwhile I will be stalking your pics for the next week!
Appreciate 2
Rev_Hi296.50
Davil6523.00
      01-23-2021, 08:34 PM   #28
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Hi View Post
Congrats on a beautiful car! I had an M2C on order but switched to the CS so I really appreciated your initial observations vs the M2C. Enjoy!

MomoM3 I think my spec is identical to yours. Can't wait!
We do! I did go PSS though. Semi regret not going CCB.
Appreciate 1
Rev_Hi296.50
      01-24-2021, 12:28 AM   #29
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have never seen the M2 CS in the flesh. Have seen the Misano Blue in person and I loved it. Can't wait. In the meanwhile I will be stalking your pics for the next week!
So nice! I keep wandering down to the garage to check if it's a dream / admire it.

You will be blown away when you get yours! Look forward to your delivery thread.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Rev_Hi296.50
MomoM3984.00
robertm449.50
Hedoniste3834.00
      01-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #30
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
It has been a long wait. Ordered Feb or March '20, can't really remember now. I just realised that was nearly a year ago! God. I did the same whole same thing when the M2C came out in 2018 too. That was going to be my keeper until BMW announced the M2CS. I decided I had to have one otherwise I would regret it forever. The final form of my favourite car. End of an era car. Needless to say I inflicted the same sort of wait (or maybe weight?) on myself 2 years apart. But let's face it. Delaying things heightens pleasure.

Today was finally D-Day. Sadly this has co-incided with a "long weekend". In Australia this means the police double demerit points, double fines and double the number of police cars on the road. Add to this I live in a beachside area of Sydney and you get the double whammy of loads more tourist traffic and police hiding everywhere. Oh well. I can live with that as it was a warm sunny day with zero rain.

I took a slightly longer route to the dealer. I wanted to get a feel for the differences between each car on a specific route. Accompanied by my enthusiastic "I can't wait" 16 year old son. If you have a 16 year old, you'll know these moments of excitement are a bit rare.

The Goodbye.
The dealer carpark was full. I parked my lovely HS M2C in the only place I could find. In front of the BMW showroom, but, blocking the route into the Hyundai & Nissan part of the business. The sales guy was delayed with an older lady. She was squinting at his screen and looking a bit shaky, poking at things on the screen. 10 minutes later I turned around to the sales guy greeting us, apologising and then himself turning around to see 2 burly Hyundai henchmen charging through the showroom door sporting a WTF are you up to to on our turf you smarmy BMW bastard look. So he went running out with my M2C keys to avert a fist fight. Bonus is that I got to see my beautiful HS gleaming dream machine drive off to a safer area.

The Preamble.
On Sunday I bought myself a Misano Blue sports blazer, paired with a black T-Shirt, black trousers and a pair of Leather Nikes with red highlights. If this car and I are to bond, we may as well be in-synch when we meet. All of this was entirely unnecessary of course, but why not make it an event! Then there was a load of signing stuff. Then a few other things. Sales guy asked if I wanted the car unveiled now. I said no, I can wait. He said, this is a really good idea as the car attracts everyone in sight. He had it near his desk and was shoeing everyone away. Every service tech, sales guy etc. Everyone wanted to see it and Ooh and Ah. So it was best to keep it undercover.

The Unveiling.
Sales guy pulled away the sheet. Photos absolutely do not do this car justice. Eyes adjust as you scan the different facets of beauty. A camera just captures what you focussed on at the time and then loses the other detail. The blue is spectacular. The gloss black wheels and red brakes are like jewels. The carbon roof is a work of art. The whole car somehow looks wider, lower and longer than the M2C. And meaner. So much meaner.

Retro Spec
In Australia we really get a stripper. No heated seats (no problem in Sydney), an air conditioning unit that looks like it was from 1992, no collision warning or lane detect. However. We do get a coin tray. Well, a bit more than a coin tray really. A nice little drawer to put small stuff in. I like it.

Luxury Leather & The Furry Wheel
Sitting in the seat you go, oh, this is soft. So soft. I don't know yet if they are more comfortable, or even as comfortable as the M2C, but they feel like stroking your hands over a freshly moisturised bottom versus a durable rhino hide. You also seem to be sitting a little lower than the M2C. The wheel is big and furry like a late 60s centrefold. It feels nice to hold. I always wanted an alcantara wheel since I saw the one on the e30 M3. Now I am living the dream.

The Handover
Sales guy explained many features I of course already knew. But some interesting ones involved the slamming of the bonnet. That bonnet is next level. Some things look slightly different under the bonnet. Unfortunately I was going on perception so I can't give specifics. Very minor. Nice that the 2020 spec has a new hook in the boot. That was new.

The Love
This car is really very special to the people at the dealership. The GM turned up to give me a bottle of Veuve and to profess his undying love for the car. They got two allocations. Second guy has an HS and gets it in two weeks. He said that he strongly encourages me to take it on the track as everything is covered under warranty. Unless I stack it of course.

Off We Go
Sales guy then carefully guided us out of the carpark. 16 year old said "my stomach feels unusual I am so excited about this car. I can't believe it". We went over a few bumps in the car park. I could tell in an instant how much better the ride is.

(Very) Initial Observations v M2C

It's a new car so this is initial. The main benefit here is going back to back over the same route.

Ride
It's a lot more supple. I never disliked the M2Cs ride. This is so different though. I know it doesn't but it feels like it has more suspension travel. It's still really controlled. I really like this.

Steering.
Again, I had no real complaints with the M2C steering. This feels like a totally different car though. There is a ton more feel. It feels very retro, like the AC unit. It makes you want to drive it like a nutter. It seems to shrink the whole car. Bonus point here. Comfort in this car feels really very good. In my M2C it felt like a Cadillac weighting. I may even use this all the time as it is not overly light at all.

Handling.
It's early days here. Everything feels more immediate. Again, I had no problems with the M2C. In fact, I loved it. But honestly, this is something else. I guess it's a sum of the parts thing. It's hard to explain, but it feels like a layer of insulation has been removed and you are even more a part of the car. You feel very connected.

Power
No idea. Just feels the same really as I can't rev it out.

Sound
The sound is a bit deeper and ever so slightly more musical. Not really any louder, just deeper mainly. The M2C sound is all in higher ranges so I can't say much about the difference until I can open it up.

Brakes
I had the blue brakes before. These ones grab a bit harder and yes, have a bit of a squeak. It's a really subtle squeak. I have had Pagids in the past that sounded like a garbage truck amplified through a Jamaican sound system. So this little squeak is pretty nice. It is G rated. Makes you feel like track day guy without the judgement.

Oddities
A lot of things feel different. The iDrive control feel is different. The doors feel completely different. They feel lighter and need more of a slam. I have no idea why. The handbrake is different. It feels lighter and again, more retro.

The Armrest
Absolutely zero problem here with lack of armrest. I may even prefer it.

Comfort Access
I went into auto pilot, put my thumb on the handle and walked off. So I left the bloody car unlocked when getting some food. This is going to be an issue for a while.

Picking up daughter
She's nearly 13. So another opinion. Loves colour and wheels. Rear seat passenger. "Seats are much softer. Ride is much smoother. I am not being jiggled".

Summary
Bloody hell what a car. I wanted the final form of my favourite car. I am not disappointed. It does draw a lot more attention though. Not entirely sure how I feel about this. But then again, my other car is a WRC blue GC8 WRX which is going through some sort of cult renaissance and seems to attract teenagers like an unlocked booze cabinet. So now I have no escape. I can live with this though. What. A. Car!

Photos:

Attachment 2510885

Attachment 2510886

Attachment 2510887

Attachment 2510888

Attachment 2510889
Congratulations my friend, an incredible car indeed and a most fitting representation of a modern day epic Saga called the BMW M2 CS, venturing from story telling skills of a formidable thinker @davil
Davil6523.00
      01-24-2021, 11:21 PM   #31
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Evolving observations.

Exhaust is definitely deeper and louder than M2C. It woofs on DCT gear change rather than brapps. It throbs a lot more in an underground car park. Just inside the boundary of tastefully loud for me. If you are in doubt. Drive with your window open. I kept thinking someone was behind me. Even my daughter commented that it was louder.

Also, I have no idea if this car even has ASD.

Alchemy was involved in the steering, ride and handling. That's all I can put it down to.
Appreciate 3
MomoM3984.00
GimmeanM1448.50
Hedoniste3834.00
      01-25-2021, 04:30 AM   #32
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Evolving observations.

Exhaust is definitely deeper and louder than M2C. It woofs on DCT gear change rather than brapps. It throbs a lot more in an underground car park. Just inside the boundary of tastefully loud for me. If you are in doubt. Drive with your window open. I kept thinking someone was behind me. Even my daughter commented that it was louder.

Alchemy was involved in the steering, ride and handling. That's all I can put it down to.
Quote:
Evolving observations.

I finally got to drive with the window down as tinting has settled. It's beastly loud and cracks as well on over run. So liking the exhaust more and more on it. I hope you're enjoying the drive. Not good about double demerits this long weekend. I went out for a drive earlier tonight and had to be on best behaviour. Glad you are enjoying the beast.
Appreciate 1
Davil6523.00
      01-25-2021, 04:43 AM   #33
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I finally got to drive with the window down as tinting has settled. It's beastly loud and cracks as well on over run. So liking the exhaust more and more on it. I hope you're enjoying the drive. Not good about double demerits this long weekend. I went out for a drive earlier tonight and had to be on best behaviour. Glad you are enjoying the beast.
Can't wait for Wednesday. Less traffic, cooler weather forecast and the evil fascists will be so busy tallying their long weekend quotas over donuts that they won't be a problem.

I think this exhaust will develop like a fine wine.
Appreciate 1
Jimjamz4572.50
      01-30-2021, 01:38 AM   #34
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
290 km drive today. The same as my final long drive on the M2C before trading it in. So some more observations.

First half was pissing down. The Cup 2s were perfectly fine. No problems with standing water at all. You'd have to be doing something really crazy to have problems in the wet.

Observation of the day. My brother is an Alfa driver. Don't hold that against him. He's been in my M2C many times. First time he's been in the new one. "God, this one sounds so much better! Really good."

It does sound so much deeper and quite a bit louder but not annoyingly louder. I absolutely love it. I am starting to become convinced Australia gets a different exhaust to the rest of the world based on other comments on the CS forum.

The steering requires more concentration than the M2C on 60-100km/h traffic roads. There is a much more "organic feeling" resistance off centre, a lot more time doing micro corrections and it can follow ruts at times. At higher speeds this goes away. It does make the car feel a lot more alive though. It feels like more of an event.

It honestly feels that it has an inch more suspension travel as well (yes I know it doesn't). It also doesn't get upset with significant mid corner bumps.

The seats are not as comfortable on a long trip as the M2C. I did have to do some back arching after an hour in the seat. The M2C seats were near perfect for comfort as I never had a single ache.

In efficient mode, the throttle feels longer than M2C. This is a pretty nice thing in wet weather. I wonder if that was intentional?

I love this car more every time I drive it. Just blown away.
Appreciate 3
Hedoniste3834.00
      01-30-2021, 02:01 AM   #35
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
290 km drive today. The same as my final long drive on the M2C before trading it in. So some more observations.

First half was pissing down. The Cup 2s were perfectly fine. No problems with standing water at all. You'd have to be doing something really crazy to have problems in the wet.

Observation of the day. My brother is an Alfa driver. Don't hold that against him. He's been in my M2C many times. First time he's been in the new one. "God, this one sounds so much better! Really good."

It does sound so much deeper and quite a bit louder but not annoyingly louder. I absolutely love it. I am starting to become convinced Australia gets a different exhaust to the rest of the world based on other comments on the CS forum.

The steering requires more concentration than the M2C on 60-100km/h traffic roads. There is a much more "organic feeling" resistance off centre, a lot more time doing micro corrections and it can follow ruts at times. At higher speeds this goes away. It does make the car feel a lot more alive though. It feels like more of an event.

It honestly feels that it has an inch more suspension travel as well (yes I know it doesn't). It also doesn't get upset with significant mid corner bumps.

The seats are not as comfortable on a long trip as the M2C. I did have to do some back arching after an hour in the seat. The M2C seats were near perfect for comfort as I never had a single ache.

In efficient mode, the throttle feels longer than M2C. This is a pretty nice thing in wet weather. I wonder if that was intentional?

I love this car more every time I drive it. Just blown away.
Does your brother get to ever drive his Alfa or is it permanently in service centre? lol, just teasing

The Cup 2 verdict is great to note.

Pleased to see you're enjoying it so much.
Davil6523.00
      01-30-2021, 02:10 AM   #36
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Does your brother get to ever drive his Alfa or is it permanently in service centre? lol, just teasing

Haha. He never reports any problems. But last time he was over his 13 year old son (who loves German cars) was pointing out various issues that need to be fixed. It was very funny. Especially my brother's reaction.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 02:21 AM   #37
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Haha. He never reports any problems. But last time he was over his 13 year old son (who loves German cars) was pointing out various issues that need to be fixed. It was very funny. Especially my brother's reaction.
I can imagine. All those die-hard Italian-cars-rule crowd lol

At least your nephew is on the right track

Your comments about the seat comfort (or lack thereof) is somewhat disappointing. I'm going to have to explore getting an exoskeleton suit now lol

Keep well my friend
Davil6523.00
      01-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #38
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Your comments about the seat comfort (or lack thereof) is somewhat disappointing. I'm going to have to explore getting an exoskeleton suit now lol

Keep well my friend
The seats are not bad! In fact they are great compared to most seats. The only two cars I've ever owned that didn't give me back ache are the $5000 Recaros I put in my WRX as the stock seats were like something out of the Spanish Inquisition and the M2C seats. The CS ones are fine. You just need to adjust yourself a bit on a long trip.
Appreciate 1