BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > CS Future Classic Sticker

01-23-2021, 08:33 PM   #89
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Just to close the loop, put this on the car today.
Looks great! Weird question, but do you notice it when walking to the car from a distance or only when you're looking for it?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:29 PM   #90
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Quote:
Just to close the loop, put this on the car today.
Looks great! Weird question, but do you notice it when walking to the car from a distance or only when you're looking for it?
Yeah ScullyD this looks great. I will put it exactly there since my other windows will be tinted. Shots from a bit further back?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 09:33 PM   #91
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

How long did it take to get it after approval? I haven't received mine yet?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:09 PM   #92
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
How long did it take to get it after approval? I haven't received mine yet?
I approved on 1/12 and according to USPS will receive it on Monday 1/25
Appreciate 1
kyrocks1070.50
      01-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #93
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey sorry meant to get more pics, but took a long ride today and already parked myself into my dark garage. Its a small detail, definitely not a billboard that advertises what your car is to other people. Something that is cool to look at though for a "cars with coffee" or a community auto show, where people are walking around and looking at cars up close.

I think the cool thing is, you can see it in reverse when you are in the car, and it adds a bit of specialness to it. Definitely better than some door plaque or interior numbering that no one can see, imo.
Appreciate 1
f80_MG563.50
      01-24-2021, 02:25 PM   #94
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey sorry meant to get more pics, but took a long ride today and already parked myself into my dark garage. Its a small detail, definitely not a billboard that advertises what your car is to other people. Something that is cool to look at though for a "cars with coffee" or a community auto show, where people are walking around and looking at cars up close.

I think the cool thing is, you can see it in reverse when you are in the car, and it adds a bit of specialness to it. Definitely better than some door plaque or interior numbering that no one can see, imo.
No worries, I wasn't too concerned from your pictures that the sticker would be too loud or screaming for attention.
But was wondering if after application, it's one of those mods that you had to go looking for or one which made you smile every time you walked up to the car.

Didn't think about being able to see it from the inside when driving, definitely sounds appealing.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:23 PM   #95
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Disclaimer: I have zero experience in 3D modeling, go easy on me! I'm an idiot with an idea and free software (similar to the folks on r/WallStreetBets ).
I still think the CS deserves a plaque...here's my first cut. Note this was all done by hand - the app does not have text entry or fonts available, these will be cleaned up using real typeface (best aligned with BMW). I'll likely seek out a 3D scan of the OEM badges too if I get that far. Perhaps the BMW badge can be an actual OEM piece (thinking from a key fob or key chain and soldered/glued in place).

Aim: Unobtrusive and tasteful, in a suitable location. Something more permanent and special than a window sticker/decal. Location is damn tricky, but in the end one of the only flat spots in the interior that makes sense (to me) is behind the USB port. I have done my best to represent the size and shape of this area on the central console, but a total n00b (see above about going easy on me).

Let me know your thoughts/feedback! Will keep evolving the design as time allows (this took fookin' ages). If someone knows their stuff in the world of CAD/CAM, is this even feasible?
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
f80_MG563.50
F87M2CS79.00
GimmeanM1448.50
cncmastr1582.00
      01-28-2021, 12:45 PM   #96
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

I am in favor of this; I think 2taCoS's is a great idea.

These ideas are along way from what came on my 2011 E92 M3!!
Attached Images

23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:56 PM   #97
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2taCoS View Post
Disclaimer: I have zero experience in 3D modeling, go easy on me! I'm an idiot with an idea and free software (similar to the folks on r/WallStreetBets ).
I still think the CS deserves a plaque...here's my first cut. Note this was all done by hand - the app does not have text entry or fonts available, these will be cleaned up using real typeface (best aligned with BMW). I'll likely seek out a 3D scan of the OEM badges too if I get that far. Perhaps the BMW badge can be an actual OEM piece (thinking from a key fob or key chain and soldered/glued in place).

Aim: Unobtrusive and tasteful, in a suitable location. Something more permanent and special than a window sticker/decal. Location is damn tricky, but in the end one of the only flat spots in the interior that makes sense (to me) is behind the USB port. I have done my best to represent the size and shape of this area on the central console, but a total n00b (see above about going easy on me).

Let me know your thoughts/feedback! Will keep evolving the design as time allows (this took fookin' ages). If someone knows their stuff in the world of CAD/CAM, is this even feasible?
Very much in favor of this. Great work.
There is an angle in the CF console there, which might be a pain to deal with, but should look great.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #98
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

sdhotwn any update from your friend regarding the conversation with iND ?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #99
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I like it. Especially if made from a matching aluminium like you see around the cup holder. I'm not sure if I would stick one to my carbon tunnel though. I'd have to see the final product.
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4572.50
      01-28-2021, 03:06 PM   #100
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
No word back from iND to them when I talked to my friend last week. So they were still holding pattern.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
f80_MG563.50
      01-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #101
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:

Never call yourself an idiot

Most idiots I know couldn't string a few words to make a proper sentence lol

And yes, I'm with you on this, it looks like you put a fair effort into your work, well done
2taCoS279.00
Jimjamz4572.50
      01-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #102
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Have you guys seen the engraved plaque on the South African CS's? Do you think these were OEM?

Appreciate 2
2taCoS279.00
      01-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #103
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
No word back from iND to them when I talked to my friend last week. So they were still holding pattern.
What are you guys looking to have done? I can make sure to push it through if its possible.
      01-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #104
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
What are you guys looking to have done? I can make sure to push it through if its possible.
Haha, completely forgot that we could have tagged you in the conversation.
sdhotwn has a contact who can make the future classic sticker in a metal plate. We're trying to see if you would be able to collaborate with him on that?
Page 2 of this thread (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1788695&page=2) has a little more detail but we are happy to do a group call or something to discuss the idea.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #105
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
sdhotwn has a contact who can make the future classic sticker in a metal plate. We're trying to see if you would be able to collaborate with him on that?
Page 2 of this thread (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1788695&page=2) has a little more detail but we are happy to do a group call or something to discuss the idea.

Perhaps your friend reached out to Future Classic directly?

We do not see anything on this topic to us. Just wanted to make sure it didnt slip through the cracks with our staff.

Great idea though!
      01-28-2021, 09:00 PM   #106
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
I am in favor of this; I think 2taCoS's is a great idea.

These ideas are along way from what came on my 2011 E92 M3!!
I do like the simplicity - definitely a consideration to make these less busy (and easier/cheaper to make)

Quote:
Very much in favor of this. Great work.
There is an angle in the CF console there, which might be a pain to deal with, but should look great.
I'll start with a few prototypes using balsa or something else to see how tricky the curve will be. Would definitely compromise on overall quality if it doesn't fit perfect from edge to edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I like it. Especially if made from a matching aluminium like you see around the cup holder. I'm not sure if I would stick one to my carbon tunnel though. I'd have to see the final product.
Final product will take a while but I hear you. I'm relatively pedantic about what goes near this car to begin with and if its not up to exacting standards I wouldn't bother. The plaque could look great if the design is full cut-out with the CF showing through from underneath. Depending on how pricey/difficult this turns out to get right, could have some options - polished stainless steel, brushed aluminium (to match) or something a bit cheaper (etched vs cut-out). Aim is you would absolutely want this and not think twice about some 3M on the tunnel. Will stay with the car for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Never call yourself an idiot

Most idiots I know couldn't string a few words to make a proper sentence lol

And yes, I'm with you on this, it looks like you put a fair effort into your work, well done
Ha, appreciate the kind words sir - merely a dig at my amateur first attempt. Only way is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Have you guys seen the engraved plaque on the South African CS's? Do you think these were OEM?
These are certainly mysterious - I bet something made specifically by BMW SA. I'd love to see exactly where this is screwed onto the Alcantara. Its so slender to begin with, this type of plaque might actually annoy me. I guess when you lean on the bar, everyone knows you own a CS with this imprinted in you arm. This looks like cast aluminium. Making 30 of them would've been quite the job. And check this out - there is a plaque on the CF strut under the hood, clearly visible:

Any feedback on the design? Anything that should be removed or format suggestions? Splitting the 'M2' and the 'CS' was the only way to really squeeze everything in, still a bit of tweaking to get it just right.

Edit - SA plaques:
Attached Images

Last edited by 2taCoS; 01-28-2021 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50
      01-28-2021, 09:23 PM   #107
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IND-Distribution View Post
Quote:
Page 2 of this thread (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788695&page=2) has a little more detail but we are happy to do a group call or something to discuss the idea.

Perhaps your friend reached out to Future Classic directly?

We do not see anything on this topic to us. Just wanted to make sure it didnt slip through the cracks with our staff.

Great idea though!
You are correct, sorry for the confusion, I had them talk to Future Classic directly since the artwork is their IP. They sounded rather busy on first pass, so I'm not sure if it's just not a priority or where things went other than silent after the initial exchange.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 08:07 AM   #108
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

How many of you ordered the poster along with your sticker? Was there a standard design that everyone went along with or unique. I'm looking to place an order.
      01-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #109
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

I still have not received my sticker. It's only been 18 days so we'll see...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #110
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

These are certainly mysterious - I bet something made specifically by BMW SA. I'd love to see exactly where this is screwed onto the Alcantara. Its so slender to begin with, this type of plaque might actually annoy me. I guess when you lean on the bar, everyone knows you own a CS with this imprinted in you arm. This looks like cast aluminium. Making 30 of them would've been quite the job. And check this out - there is a plaque on the CF strut under the hood, clearly visible:

Edit - SA plaques:
I guess they're just stickers. Pretty sure they wouldn't screw anything into the CF brace. If they were made by BMW, then pretty cool...
Appreciate 0