BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > G87 Deposit taken - now the two year wait

05-14-2021, 10:36 PM   #1
oz800r
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

G87 Deposit taken - now the two year wait

A few new spy shots, the strong chance of an S58 engine being fitted and maybe the hint of a 50th "M" anniversary launch edition resulting in me putting down an EOI deposit today on the G87 for first delivery in 2023. Will streach out my LCI to five years to soften the blow of paying close to retail
Was a little surprised to find out mine was the first at a large dealer in Melbourne. Am I too eager, has anyone else put down some cash yet?
How will we cope with the wait?
Appreciate 2
APH45.00
      05-15-2021, 05:34 AM   #2
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

If it wasn’t a large deposit, I think what you did makes sense. Especially if they have a limited edition of launch cars like your referenced. The next gen M2 might very well be the last ones offered with a manual and/or a non hybrid powertrain, so I’m assuming they’ll be highly collectible.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
A few new spy shots, the strong chance of an S58 engine being fitted and maybe the hint of a 50th "M" anniversary launch edition resulting in me putting down an EOI deposit today on the G87 for first delivery in 2023. Will streach out my LCI to five years to soften the blow of paying close to retail
Was a little surprised to find out mine was the first at a large dealer in Melbourne. Am I too eager, has anyone else put down some cash yet?
I put down my deposit on the F87CS in October 2018 and waited 1126 days before I took delivery of the beast. Other than birth of my son, it was the best thing that's happened in my adult life.

I've put down a deposit in a similar vein on a G82CSL last week and hope it will live up to its expectations. I simply don't like the look of the car, but thought to myself, I'd be inside the car and won't see its looks too much for it to become a serious bother.

Good luck with your purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
If it wasn't a large deposit, I think what you did makes sense. Especially if they have a limited edition of launch cars like your referenced. The next gen M2 might very well be the last ones offered with a manual and/or a non hybrid powertrain, so I'm assuming they'll be highly collectible.
I'm guessing, BMW will end up using "mild" hybrid tech to boost a few extra horses in all their new non-EV line-up. It makes sense, this way they keep the EU authorities happy whilst not alienating the ICE car lovers by going full on hybrid
      07-14-2021, 05:54 AM   #4
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
Were they willing to negotiate any discount on it? tempted to to do the shuffle into the M240xi then M2 a few years later... just dont want to suck up too much pain in the process.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
HiFi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

Hi Guys, i deal heavily rwith BMW so if there are a few of us looking at G87s we will be able to get ourselves a solid discount. Lets just flag interest for now (i might start another thread) as there is no point ordering now as all they are doing is taking a deposit and providing a contract which can be cancelled at any time by them or you, there will be plenty of opportunity to buy in the lead up to the car arriving into australia after its annouced.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 03:07 AM   #6
oz800r
Rep

No pricing was available and there wasn't even a code in the system to put on the receipt. i assume it would be another year before they have and idea
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 03:10 AM   #7
oz800r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Hi Guys, i deal heavily rwith BMW so if there are a few of us looking at G87s we will be able to get ourselves a solid discount. Lets just flag interest for now (i might start another thread) as there is no point ordering now as all they are doing is taking a deposit and providing a contract which can be cancelled at any time by them or you, there will be plenty of opportunity to buy in the lead up to the car arriving into australia after its annouced.
More than happy to join a bulk buy at a later point, only have a small refundable deposit down now
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 05:07 AM   #8
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

+1 here
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 05:08 AM   #9
oz800r
Rep

Originally Posted by ynguldyn yesterday - postive update if correct
G87 M2
Production 12/22-07/29
*Production only at SLP Mexico
*Same S58 as G80/G82 under the hood, tuned to 455hp. RWD
*Will be available with a manual and an automatic. Most options will be the
same as G80/G82, and I don't see much of that decontenting that was done
with the original F87 compared with F80/F82. Though ceramic brakes and
bucket seats seem to be missing, all the drivetrain and suspension things are
the same as G82, and even carbon roof will be an option. The wheels will be
19" front and 20" rear, G87 specific design.
*The first four months of its production will fall into the "M 50th anniversary" period so expect the initial run to become somewhat collectible.
*The new dashboard will be standard from day one.
G87 M2 Competition will indeed be called "M2 Competition".
Appreciate 1