07-24-2018, 05:37 AM   #221
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
It's not on the website yet.
Should be up soon I would say. Dealers have the updated spec guide if you ask. Here is a screenshot from the guide.

For reference, my config M2C with Metalic paint, black wheels, heated seats and wireless charging is ~116 drive away
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #222
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Was out a week ago. 😉
But you were off by 90 bucks
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #223
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Mineral Gray

Interesting that the Pure is DCT not manual
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 06:34 AM   #224
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Was out a week ago. ��
Yup, I just didn't have a copy of the new spec guide yet

Still find it hard to believe deejM got a M2C pure for 103k drive away, that is a hefty discount ~5k on a brand new model that otherwise seems to be selling fine. Well done if he did though as it is a steal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
Interesting that the Pure is DCT not manual
Manual is a NCO on both models
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #225
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post
Yup, I just didn't have a copy of the new spec guide yet

Still find it hard to believe deejM got a M2C pure for 103k drive away, that is a hefty discount ~5k on a brand new model that otherwise seems to be selling fine. Well done if he did though as it is a steal!!

Manual is a NCO on both models
It's comp not pure, not that I would mind, not fussed about comfort access. Happy to post contract when car enters production or if you pm me your mobile

SA advised he sold another car for $120k+

Heads up for anyone on the fence about M2c. I got an alert for a 911 997.2s manual in white today. Imagine it will be sold in the next 48hrs.

I was seriously tempted but want to try something new and can't get to Syd in time. You won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 11:23 PM   #226
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

^^ I wish, however last time I checked I didn't have a spare 260k to drop on P car.
      07-24-2018, 11:56 PM   #227
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
^^ I wish, however last time I checked I didn't have a spare 260k to drop on P car.
It’s 2009 $132k. Great car, last of the hydraulic steering 911’s and chassis feels very sorted compared to 997.1. You lose a bit of engine character but mid range was much stronger with the DFI engine. Future classic
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #228
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejM View Post
It's comp not pure, not that I would mind, not fussed about comfort access. Happy to post contract when car enters production or if you pm me your mobile
You got a stellar deal mate, well done!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 04:08 AM   #229
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

My bad I was looking at this GT3

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-5539990
      07-25-2018, 08:51 AM   #230
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Amazing car, but wouldn’t pay more than $230k. I sold my GT3 (exact same spec) with 19,000km for $260k 2yrs ago and it had 2yrs Porsche warranty. No clubsport pack or lift severely devalues that. Regardless of PDK, 991.1 are the better buy IMO at $260k
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:11 AM   #231
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Amazing car, but wouldn’t pay more than $230k. I sold my GT3 (exact same spec) with 19,000km for $260k 2yrs ago and it had 2yrs Porsche warranty. No clubsport pack or lift severely devalues that. Regardless of PDK, 991.1 are the better buy IMO at $260k
My first 997.2 GT3 had lift and CS. My second was Touring with lift, PCCB and leather everything inside. The second one lost a lot more money. But I liked the second one much more! Post pics of your Porsches. I should dig out some of mine too!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:11 AM   #232
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
But you were off by 90 bucks
I swear I meant $100 and not $10! 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #233
JWM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
Just got offered 119 with black wheels and brakes

Interestingly they don't recommend the CF roof - unfortunately, being fitted at the dealer, they have to cut the existing roof off to fit the new one. Once this is done, the rigidity is lost. And unfortunately, no option to fit at factory either.
who told you that?! A dealer?

I seriously doubt BMW are shipping cars here then cutting the roof out and replacing it... That would be paying money to turn your car into a non-repairable write off!

Mmmmmaybe they could replace the outer skin, but that shouldn't impact rigidity... So I suspect that was a typical made up salesman story and the dealer-fit option is basically fake carbon fibre wrap on the roof...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #234
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM View Post

I seriously doubt BMW are shipping cars here then cutting the roof out and replacing it... That would be paying money to turn your car into a non-repairable write off!

Mmmmmaybe they could replace the outer skin, but that shouldn't impact rigidity... So I suspect that was a typical made up salesman story and the dealer-fit option is basically fake carbon fibre wrap on the roof...
I'm just telling you what was told to me... yes, by a dealer. They might be wrong... looking at the options list however, there is no option to have a fibre carbon roof - so who knows how they can get it on without losing rigidity... Unless it's a very very expensive wrap. Plus, isn't this the part where they make the extra dough? It would seem strange for them to downsell it.

In any case, let's hope the dealer is wrong - it would be nice to lighten the porker of a car without wrecking the dynamics
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #235
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Dealer is correct. M Performance carbon roof requires cutting of roof!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #236
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Quote:
Just got offered 119 with black wheels and brakes

Interestingly they don't recommend the CF roof - unfortunately, being fitted at the dealer, they have to cut the existing roof off to fit the new one. Once this is done, the rigidity is lost. And unfortunately, no option to fit at factory either.

I'm always curious why people don't do their research before commenting, as it's actually EXACTLY how to get the m performance carbon roof!!

Non of the m performance parts come factory installed, carbon roof no different.

Check out the IND carbon roof install

It's a big job and will cost an arm and a leg for install... not sure I would trust bmw dealers to do an install I'm assuming they've never done before.

As for rigidity? Won't be affected. The car is not held up by the roof panel itself, there are structural support for the roof (also shown in the video)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #237
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Dealer is correct. M Performance carbon roof requires cutting of roof!
This was heavily reported already in the US section. front and rear windscreen removed and roof cut. Kinda silly. They really don't want to step on M4 toes!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #238
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My first 997.2 GT3 had lift and CS. My second was Touring with lift, PCCB and leather everything inside. The second one lost a lot more money. But I liked the second one much more! Post pics of your Porsches. I should dig out some of mine too!
Don't want to derail thread with pics, maybe start another thread. Then I'll spam you with my 997.2 GTS photos haha. Not really into taking photos of my cars so only have a few of each but the GTS was my favourite styled Porsche so I have a ton of pics. Carrera white wide body with black centre lock wheels...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #239
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep

Pure starting to come out in the news but the pure a little cheaper than noted in here. Makes more sense if closer to a 10k delta. Would of considered it I knew it was that much difference in price or it existed

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-new...han-100k-70056

Edit: maybe I misread the article and the Pure price is not defined as yet
      07-27-2018, 11:30 AM   #240
JWM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
I'm just telling you what was told to me... yes, by a dealer. They might be wrong...
Hey mate, apologies, didn’t mean my comment to sound like I was having a go at you, just dealers that just make up stuff like “it will impact the rigidity of the car”...

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
I'm always curious why people don't do their research before commenting, as it's actually EXACTLY how to get the m performance carbon roof!!
Forums wouldn’t exist if we all did that. Big diff between that and what the dealer was suggesting I think but I learnt something, indeed!

Quote:
This was heavily reported already in the US section. front and rear windscreen removed and roof cut. Kinda silly. They really don't want to step on M4 toes!
Ah right, so just replacing the outer skin, makes sense. Pity it can’t be factory ordered.

Last edited by JWM; 07-27-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #241
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Hey mate, apologies, didn’t mean my comment to sound like I was having a go at you, just dealers that just make up stuff like “it will impact the rigidity of the car”...

Forums wouldn’t exist if we all did that. Big diff between that and what the dealer was suggesting I think but I learnt something, indeed!

Ah right, so just replacing the outer skin, makes sense. Pity it can’t be factory ordered.
No offense taken - all good

I am dubious about the rigidity though - as shown in the video, the spot welds are being detached - surely that affects the car somewhat? And the CF roof just being bolted down and glued? I'm no engineer though...

Lots of concern however in the main thread... Not a dealbreaker for me anyway
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 08:44 PM   #242
deejM
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
No offense taken - all good

I am dubious about the rigidity though - as shown in the video, the spot welds are being detached - surely that affects the car somewhat? And the CF roof just being bolted down and glued? I'm no engineer though...

Lots of concern however in the main thread... Not a dealbreaker for me anyway
Even windows provide rigidity to a car when they are up. Of course they are not integral to the structural integrity but they do add rigidity.
Appreciate 0